Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

>>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Thanks all. I did CF the center part of the Dash ( the entire piece that holds the radio, the vents, the center channel speaker), but its not done yet. I F''d it up a bit so that piece may never see the light of day. Will post pics after the next coat of resin and will ask for opinions on how bad I f'ed it up. Thank god I am using ebay parts and not my components !

Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
medtech is on a distinguished road
You can always sand it down and re-cover it. Let's see the pics.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Well......... its actually an issue with the compound corners (multiple bends in the CF). I was tired and being stupid and when I applied the CF the curves came out a bit iffy. Will post the pics soon so you can see what I mean.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Brentis is on a distinguished road
A friend just sent me this. Looks pretty sweet 3d carbon fiber. Seems helluva lot easier too. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...with-3M-di-noc

Old 09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Brentis
A friend just sent me this. Looks pretty sweet 3d carbon fiber. Seems helluva lot easier too. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...with-3M-di-noc
I have 3M di-noc at home and have used it. It's " fun" to use, but there is no doubt that its a sticker and everyone knows it. In any case, each has its place

Old 09-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Papasmurf is on a distinguished road
Just saw your post about the alcantara wheel. DON'T DO IT. The alcantara looks like garbage after about 9 months of daily driving with it. The oils from your hands mess it up. Stick to leather on any spot where your hands touch. It holds up far better.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Papasmurf
Just saw your post about the alcantara wheel. DON'T DO IT. The alcantara looks like garbage after about 9 months of daily driving with it. The oils from your hands mess it up. Stick to leather on any spot where your hands touch. It holds up far better.

No - I am good there - def not going to Ala anything. Saw the same **** happen on a caddy - wheel looked like crap. Will go CF for sure.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
No - I am good there - def not going to Ala anything. Saw the same **** happen on a caddy - wheel looked like crap. Will go CF for sure.
Good call. On seats, it is awesome (doesn't get hot in the summer or cold in the winter, and it holds you in), but any place where your hands go, it's just bad news.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
that is a really well done piece

Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Just CF'd the grab handles today. 2 more coats of resin to go !

Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Cayman420 is on a distinguished road
Nice Work!

Looks great! Very nice work... Makes me want to get started on my Cayman S.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Jay, I was just thinking, since you have glare problems with the gauge pod, what about getting all of the carbon pieces sprayed with a coat of matte clear? It would look sweet and different.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Papasmurf
Jay, I was just thinking, since you have glare problems with the gauge pod, what about getting all of the carbon pieces sprayed with a coat of matte clear? It would look sweet and different.
I thought of that and may go that route. What's funny is after a few weeks, I do not even notice it anymore. The human brain works in strange ways.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 09-05-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 AM
sardmd is on a distinguished road
looks great - nice job

Old 10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Awesome looking, I have to admit that I always enjoy seeing your mods. Any more updated pictures on the new pieces?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: >>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<