Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Passenger windshield wiper not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Passenger windshield wiper not working

So we are getting a huge storm - 3" / hour right now. I went out and snow blowed 20" of snow from the driveway, cleared the cayenne and let it run for 10 minutes with defroster on full blast. I then clear all snow from the wipers. I drive my wife to work and with the wipers functioning fine. Sure enough the passenger side wiper starts flopping around and then stops. Thankfully the driver side worked or we would have been hosed!

So I am sure it is just a loosened nut - what is the access? Is it under the hood? or is it on the arm on the outside. I know they both operate off the same motor so it must be something fairly simple like this.

Answers much appreciated as I need to get back out later today.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Thanks so much. The snow has lightened up so I will go out at lunch and try to fix.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Fastforwardwheels
no problem if anything pm me or even call me
Thanks for the detailed information. It took all of 5 minutes to fix. The right side bolt was loose. I also noticed that in an emergency, you can hand tighten those bolts with the caps and no tools. It would surely last until you get home. I cranked it down, so it should be good for a long time now. This is probably a good pre-winter check item for all cars.

Much appreciated.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Hitch turbo is on a distinguished road
Same problem passenger side windshield wiper

I had the same problem that you reported last march. I could not see the details of the fix, could you please forward them to me? Snow on the way and I am taking the family up to the mountains soon. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
BosqueCayenneS is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately, I have the same issue. Could you please post or pm me the detailed solution? Thanks a lot.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Rob Gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Cannot see the fix

Originally Posted by Nikolas
Thanks so much. The snow has lightened up so I will go out at lunch and try to fix.
hey I can’t see what the fix was, would you please post it again?

Old 04-02-2019, 04:44 PM
DRestad is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you send me this repair?

Old 11-29-2019, 11:55 AM
99PorscheBoxster is an unknown quantity at this point
Instructions on how to fix wiper arm

Originally Posted by Nikolas
Thanks for the detailed information. It took all of 5 minutes to fix. The right side bolt was loose. I also noticed that in an emergency, you can hand tighten those bolts with the caps and no tools. It would surely last until you get home. I cranked it down, so it should be good for a long time now. This is probably a good pre-winter check item for all cars.

Much appreciated.
Can I please get instructions on how to fix wiper arm issue?
Thank you

Old 06-22-2020, 06:42 AM
donutmwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Can I get the reply too

Thanks

Old 06-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Tecchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it weird that I'm not seeing all the posts? Or did someone delete theirs (like posts by Fastforwardwheels ?

Old 10-29-2020, 11:20 PM
Ken518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger wiper not working

I too have the same problem with the passenger wiper and can not see the recommended fix