Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Elite Motorsports Coolant Pipe Replacement Tri-State Gurus :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Elite Motorsports Coolant Pipe Replacement Tri-State Gurus :)

Hey guys, figured I'd chime in here. We've been doing the aluminum coolant pipe upgrade under the IM quite a few times lately and have it down to a science! If you're interested in this upgrade/service please don't hesitate to get in touch with me and we will point you in the right direction! The 3 main things that "go wrong" on Cayenne's that we see all of time are the coolant pipes burst or crack, the driveshaft center assembly problems, and the expansion tank develops leaks other than that these trucks are very solid.

Here are the latest victims of this surgery

Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 AM
RojoGTS is on a distinguished road
Sal and the crew @ Elite are great guys very reputable !!!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RojoGTS
Sal and the crew @ Elite are great guys very reputable !!!
Jimmy, been a while what's going on?

Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 PM
EngineRoom is on a distinguished road
When the cooling hoses crack or break, how often do you see collateral problems from the leaking coolant. That is, is it worth getting the hoses replaced with aluminium before there's a problem? If so, when?

Old 06-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by EngineRoom
When the cooling hoses crack or break, how often do you see collateral problems from the leaking coolant. That is, is it worth getting the hoses replaced with aluminium before there's a problem? If so, when?
Problem occurs anywhere from 45K on. We see the problem very often, leaking coolant is not a good thing to have. It's best to do it before they burst.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Price and turnaround time?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Price and turnaround time?
$1369 including parts & labor turnaround is 1-2 days tops.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Just out of curiosity, how much do you guys charge for this job on V8 Cayenne?

Obviously I won't be taking in my Cayenne to you guys since I'm located other side of the country but wanted to check the price range.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pcst
Just out of curiosity, how much do you guys charge for this job on V8 Cayenne?

Obviously I won't be taking in my Cayenne to you guys since I'm located other side of the country but wanted to check the price range.
$1369 including parts & labor

Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kai@ELITEMS

Thanks for sharing the fin.
You guys are being (hella) reasonable! Wish you guys are close to where I'm at.... Called around few well known indy shops around here and their price quotes were close to or even higher than the dealer service department.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 AM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
Figues I used to live right by these guys then I move to CA and get a cayenne

Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor
You can always ship the car to the East Coast and drive it back!

Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kai@ELITEMS
IMO that's a VERY fair price- Cheap preventative maintenance .
It's not a matter of if your Cayenne will start to leak , it's when.
Take it from me , the initial damage goes way beyond just replacing your pipes. Once it gets into your torque converter and starter the bill will add up quickly.

Btw- I have no affiliation with the initial poster. Just trying to share my opinion with my fellow Cayenne brethren.

I'm surprised no tuners on the west side have stepped up with a similar offer.

Cheers

J

Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
That's a fantastic price, compared to what shops charge in CA... And someone was right on about total repair cost adding up when you factor in a possible torque converter seal and possible starter going with the unloading of 4-5 quarts of coolant in the engine valley...

Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by seankrider
That's a fantastic price, compared to what shops charge in CA... And someone was right on about total repair cost adding up when you factor in a possible torque converter seal and possible starter going with the unloading of 4-5 quarts of coolant in the engine valley...
Very true, it is best to do it before hand instead of waiting for them to burst and potentially cause more damage resulting in a very expensive repair.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Elite Motorsports Coolant Pipe Replacement Tri-State Gurus :)