Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Reset service reminder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Taiwanese is on a distinguished road
Reset service reminder?

My friend has a shop so I get my oil changed at 5k and 10k miles.

Is there anyway to reset the "service now" message without using any fancy reader?

My friend has a reader for Porsche, VW and Audi but he can't reset it yet until he updates the software ($$$). I told him not to do it just for me. Do it at his own schedule.

Thanks.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Quick answer - no.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Jsonorous is on a distinguished road
Durametric with version 6 software, just did it.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jsonorous
Durametric with version 6 software, just did it.
Ah - but his question was:

"Is there anyway to reset the "service now" message without using any fancy reader?" - I assumed Durametic falls under the "fancy reader" prohibition.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Jsonorous is on a distinguished road
Then Yes, No is the answer...

Old 06-17-2011, 08:07 AM
2LOW4 is on a distinguished road
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2184914

works on my 04 when I'm too lazy to hook the Durametric and laptop up.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Tried that on my '06 - and unfortunately - it doesn't work. Not sure when the change was made, but wouldn't expect it to work on a 2010. Manufacturers like to drive you back to the dealer's shops..

Old 06-17-2011, 10:54 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I've heard the trick was disabled with the latest software upgrade.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Taiwanese is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 2LOW4
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2184914

works on my 04 when I'm too lazy to hook the Durametric and laptop up.
Does not work on 2010 V6.

Thanks anyway.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:51 PM
dimf is on a distinguished road
what will happen if you just leave service reminder?

Brought mine to an independent shop for an oil change 1000 kms ago, after the service was done, found out the guy cannot reset the computer . Had the dealer reset it when I had to bring it in for a warranty recall (pump), and asked them to reset. They did, and it went away for a while. Now showing "needs service in 2100 kms" again. Asked the dealer what service is scheduled for 50,000 kms, I was told none and I probably just need an oil change (since they don't have record of recent oil change). Well, I know I don't need an oilchange, but don't want to bug the dealer again to reset the computer (again)..

... lady from the indy shop told me just to ignore the reminder (if it doesn't bother me) because it will not harm the vehicle anyway...is this true?

Last edited by dimf; 07-20-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by dimf
what will happen if you just leave service reminder?
Eventually - when the flux-capacitor overloads, all life on earth may cease to exist..
Originally Posted by dimf
Brought mine to an independent shop for an oil change 1000 kms ago, after the service was done, found out the guy cannot reset the computer . Had the dealer reset it when I had to bring it in for a warranty recall (pump), and asked them to reset. They did, and it went away for a while. Now showing "needs service in 2100 kms" again. Asked the dealer what service is scheduled for 50,000 kms, I was told none and I probably just need an oil change (since they don't have record of recent oil change). Well, I know I don't need an oilchange, but don't want to bug the dealer again to reset the computer (again)..

... lady from the indy shop told me just to ignore the reminder (if it doesn't bother me) because it will not harm the vehicle anyway...is this true?
The lady is right. You might consider looking for an independent who has equipment allowing him to reset the service indicator. Or just buy the Durametric and reset it yourself (you could always split the cost with 2 other Porsche owners - the non-pro kit allows for 3 VIN#S..)

Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor
HouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really nice
Originally Posted by Taiwanese
My friend has a shop so I get my oil changed at 5k and 10k miles.

Is there anyway to reset the "service now" message without using any fancy reader?

My friend has a reader for Porsche, VW and Audi but he can't reset it yet until he updates the software ($$$). I told him not to do it just for me. Do it at his own schedule.

Thanks.
The other members already answer your question. If you have time please bring it by my shop and I'll reset the service light for you at no charge.