Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Stolen Dyno picture.....report?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Exclamation Stolen Dyno picture.....report?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

The picture of the CTT on the dyno is mine. I took it and its hosted with an "all rights reserved"

Not like I had been planning on selling the image. But its certainly poor form to use a dyno shot on your listing that was not from a vehicle your software is actually on.

Thoughts?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
report it to eBay...there is a report this item link at the bottom of the page....they will make him take it down

Old 07-20-2011, 07:02 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Yep - report it.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Holy crap is that an envolved process to report this. Since the picture was stolen from somewhere else and not just another eBay listing it requires printing, faxing, phone calls and proof it's my photo.

His ad will expire befor I get all that done. Not sure it's worth the time.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Politely email and/or call them first? Who knows they might be somewhat reasonable and you might be able to play it to your advantage...

If they aren't then threaten you'll report to eBay to get them knocked.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 AM
I sent them an email.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Right click on the image in ebay - see if it's a link to the hosted image you control.

If it is - a temporary replacement (use the same file name, and just swap them) with some really offensive **** image might teach the thief a lesson. BTDT, the result is usually a quick takedown of the ad by Ebay.. and a good laugh on your part.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Just looked at the ad.. it's unclear what he's selling since part of his ad is "
THIS AUCTION IS TO FIND A TEST CAR IN NY THAT WANTS TO GO E85 and Wants a Custom Tune at a discounted price.
I offer all E85 Tuning for any AUDI, VW, PORSCHE"

Test car? Plus on any car not manufacturered for E85 - it takes a lot more then an ECU tune and injectors to make them compatible. Most fuel system components used with regular gas (or 10% ethanol) will be VERY unhappy with an 85% mixture of ethanol.. parts will start melting down.

Looks like a fraud - and his other stuff is all Audi crap.. (bah!)..

Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
I'm not following why you care. What does it matter? Its not a extremely creative or artisitic photo. As far as the posting, he's selling an ECU to run on E85 for a CTT.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xsrfs
I'm not following why you care. What does it matter? Its not a extremely creative or artisitic photo. As far as the posting, he's selling an ECU to run on E85 for a CTT.
Yes but you miss the point, its Coles property.........and his choice to do with it as he pleases.

You need glasses or Ritalin......surprised you didnt ask if someone wanted to go ride bikes in midsentence.

"The picture of the CTT on the dyno is mine. I took it and its hosted with an "all rights reserved"

Not like I had been planning on selling the image. But its certainly poor form to use a dyno shot on your listing that was not from a vehicle your software is actually on.

Thoughts?"

Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
My feelings are the same as above. Who cares.

Watch out for the Hamburgular. He may get you