Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leistung Exhaust Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:40 AM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Leistung Exhaust Video

A few weeks ago I installed the Leistung dual rear exhaust on my 04 CTT. I already had bypass pipes, intake, diverters, and a tune - this just complemented my setup. The exhaust reuses the stock tips (I liked that). The mufflers are a nice polished stainless steel, and the hangers and welds appear very solid and professionaly done. I got a GREAT deal and the price was nowhere near the $2k+ of most other systems I saw. The sound is a deeper and smoother growl and there is no resonance or drone at any speeds. Overall I'm very happy and wanted to say that Rob at Leistung was great to work with. I shot a quick before and after video with my iPhone - not the greatest quality, but I think you can get the general idea of the sound difference. It definitely does sound great in person... Enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1IEdCHAerkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds mean! Wow, it sounds pretty good even with the stock mufflers, haha. I have the 2nd cat delete pipes too, but still it's pretty quiet from inside the car! Its definitely a much nicer and louder growl under acceleration with the exhaust system installed. I'm jealous!

I agree, Rob is great to deal with! I've heard that he may have some Cayenne turbo primary bypass pipes coming soon

Old 11-30-2011, 03:24 PM
vishal is on a distinguished road
How was the increase in volume inside the car? Any change in throttle response/perceived power or is it just a better sound?

I already have Leistung Intake/Bypass pipes and Rob is trying to get me to complete the trifecta.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by vishal
How was the increase in volume inside the car? Any change in throttle response/perceived power or is it just a better sound?

I already have Leistung Intake/Bypass pipes and Rob is trying to get me to complete the trifecta.
There is VERY little increase in volume inside the car. You can tell there is something going on, but it's still a nice quiet ride with the windows up. The sound is just a little deeper and smoother. The sound insulation on these trucks is amazing - I sometimes roll down the windows and punch it just to remind myself what a beast I'm driving!
I even had my friend take it for a spin and hit it so I could hear from the outside. WOW... very impressive!!

I'm sure the HP gains from the rear exhaust alone is minimal, but it does feel fast, and the response and sound are well worth it. Besides, I really like the way it looks from behind now compared to the stock mufflers. BIG weight savings also... When I get a minute I'll take a descent picture and post that too.

Overall, very happy - I say go for it!!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^lol I roll the windows down too sometimes and let it rip. But yea still pretty quiet, but I have the stock exhaust too. My Leistung intakes along with my new bovs are loud, so I listen to the turbos winding up mostly, brings a smile to my face everytime. I'll have to get my buddy get in and stomp on it so I can get some vids/sounds clips. Since you have a turbo...any decrease in back pressure will get you some power and response gains!!

I didn't know it sounded that good outside the car, haha. The people behind me are lucky to be hearing that. lol

Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
a few pics of the setup

These were also taken w/ the iPhone - ok quality, but you can get the idea.. The pics on the truck were taken a few weeks after driving and without cleaning!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
vishal is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the pictures and the video. Couldn't resist and have ordered the exhaust.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 AM
jt1k is on a distinguished road
Having my Leistung intake and cat bypass installed today. Can't wait to get it back.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by jt1k
Having my Leistung intake and cat bypass installed today. Can't wait to get it back.
post some pics and/or vids!

I'm loving mine!