Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Safe to work under CS at highest setting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Safe to work under CS at highest setting?

If I put my suspension in the highest setting and lock it there is it safe to crawl under the car to work on it? Is there any chance the air suspension could fail and drop the car?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:19 AM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
if you are asking whether or not there is possibility the air suspension could fail, i would answer you "yes". cause nothing is impossible =)

It really depends what you will be doing underneath the car.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
How hard could it be to put jackstands under the jack points when it's in the highest setting? That way if the suspension did fail, you're not crushed. Jackstands are cheap at Harbor Freight and actually appear to be of reasonable quality.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
V10
V10 will become famous soon enough
I work on my V10 Touareg and CTT all the time with suspension in highest setting...I live dangerously and don't even lock it

I better play it safe by saying it could be dangerous if all the stars are in alignment and Murphy's heading your way, so don't do it!

Last edited by V10; 01-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
How hard could it be to put jackstands under the jack points when it's in the highest setting? That way if the suspension did fail, you're not crushed. Jackstands are cheap at Harbor Freight and actually appear to be of reasonable quality.
I don't think my jack stands will fit under it even at the highest setting but that's a good thought. I'll have to take a look at that...

Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM
BTW - I was asking thinking that I would do oil changes that way...

Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
madduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the rough
What's your life worth? Lost a friend two years ago from being trapped under his car that fell off the stands. Neighbors heard his cry's for help but couldn't tell where from because of the echo's from nearby house's. Plus his soon to be wife was in the house at the time using a hair drier and couldn't hear him. Didn't crush him, but made it impossible to breath. So get some stands and be safe. Tell someone what you are doing so they know to listen or check on ya once in a while.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Even with jack stands I suppose you're never 100% safe under the car. I think my under car days are over - I'm getting too old for this...

Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM
ArcticT is on a distinguished road
I would definitely throw a couple of stands under there just in case. It only takes a second and it could literallly be the difference between life and death should some freak accident occur.