Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Calling all GTS owners (or those with sports design package)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
bdtzmaru is on a distinguished road
Calling all GTS owners (or those with sports design package)

Need some help guys...

I am in the process of getting my Sand White CTT's mud guards, front and rear LOWER spoiler to look like the GTS sports design package (matching body color).

Can someone verify if the rear corner covers (belly pans?) are also painted? This is the part of the rear lower spoiler that must be take out in order to drop the exhaust. There is one on each side, maybe 1 foot long, and are held by 2 torx screws. And if painted, are the screws also painted?

The shop that will do the job is 911design in Montclair, CA. The body shop manager gave me a tour of the place and they seem top notch.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:11 PM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
If you could give a picture with the parts you are interested in circled I might be able to tell you.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I'll try to post pics later on. But these are the covers that need to be removed from underneath in order to access the bolts for the exhaust tips.

I noticed yours is black, so the whole sports design packaged will not be painted. But I'm not so sure about other colors.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:31 PM
My wife drives a silver GTS...

Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
His and hers GTS's??? My kind of household! I totally overlooked your signature which was clearly bolded .

I attached a picture of it. This angle is looking underneath the rear lower spoiler, below the left exhaust tip. The part is question is marked by arrows.

Thanks again.

Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Sorry for the delay on this, I got tied up with work and honestly forgot about it. I just checked my wife's silver GTS and that specific part is black. The entire bumper, wrapping to the underside is silver but that little 1/4 pie piece is black.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks for checking s4treg. I took a gamble and told the shop not to paint it. I'm glad I made the right choice!

Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Here is the finished product!

(Pictures taken from 911 design facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/nine11design

Attached Images    
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 AM
silverbullet69 is on a distinguished road
Looks nice, just made my wish list Xmas is only 4mths away i think i can see an early xmas present in my near future.

Whats the next mod.?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks! Powder coating wheels satin black is next on the list. Then, maybe an ECU tune. It is the wife's daily, so I'm not so sure! But I'm sure this list will get larger soon =).

The paint job was not cheap. But in this case, I think I got what I paid for. It's a little different than the GTS paint scheme. The parts were clear coated, so no more textured/matte finish. It should have came this way from factory! A custom clear bra was put on the mudguards to protect the paint. The only parts with a matte finish are the side sill covers on the doors. I'm still undecided on purchasing the sport design side skirt. If I do purchase them, I will have the side sill covers and the side skirts clear coated to make it a uniform look.

I went to 911 design with the intent of just painting the trim, similar to the GTS. Upon inspection, the body shop manager pointed out faults in the front bumper paint. I bought the car CPO'd and the front bumper was resprayed by the dealer. When it was repainted, the bumper was never taken off and just masked off. So I made the decision to just repaint the front bumper to save money on disassembling. The good news is the body shop said there were no signs of collision damage.

I also had them repaint the tailgate because of some deep scratches and a clear coat chip near the emblem. I'm very happy with the end result. A big thanks goes out to 911 Design!

Hopefully this modding bug will end soon!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 AM
silverbullet69 is on a distinguished road
Haha theres is no end, only subsides when you run out of money.

I think i know how junkies feel

im still trying to convince the minister of war and peace to let me do some subtle improvements to the P!G (i am a ***** or scared)