Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Saggio
Will the Enthusiast kit work?

And Cole- Damnit! You make me to not want to lower my GTS!

It will work man or you could just buy my Renntech lowering module

Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by Saggio

And Cole- Damnit! You make me to not want to lower my GTS!

I probably wouldn't love the lifted look so much if it didn't stand out so much AND I didn't have 3 other low profile German weapons in the garage.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
On the last page it says if any of the measurements on any wheel do not match, restart the procedure. I assume you can restart from beginning of procedure but skip all wheels and only adjust that one which differs? Can someone confirm?
Thanks.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, great info here. I may start with this for lowering and see how I like it. If I do want to go lower afterwards, can I just add links or a module? Thanks!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Vig03
Hey guys, great info here. I may start with this for lowering and see how I like it. If I do want to go lower afterwards, can I just add links or a module? Thanks!
Cool Let me know I have a Renntech Module brand new for sale if you choose to go that route

Old 04-11-2013, 06:23 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Just did it!!!

Read instructions first, then from start to finish it took about 20 minutes.
Lowered the sucker nicely, just the amount I was thinking about.
Now in low mode (what I usually drive ), it fills in the wheel wells just perfect. Not too low to look like pimp mobile, just right.

Have a question for renn~man:

Measuring from level ground to top of wheel well arch, the heights were not identical. Why would that be?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ciaka

Have a question for renn~man:

Measuring from level ground to top of wheel well arch, the heights were not identical. Why would that be?
Not sure, but I have seen this even with my aftermarket Techart module. I suppose if might have something to do with the vehicle constantly adjusting each corner to try to stay level or over compensating for added weight.

In any event, if it is not a major difference, I would suggest leaving it as is. For me, I did not like how the Techart module had higher values in the rear and adjusted them down just a little more. Just preference.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
Just did it!!!

Post some pictures!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 AM
EDIT:
added pic 'after DIY lowering' for comparison.

here is a pic PRE LOWERING #will post post lowering for comparison later today#, excuse the fact the bike is in the way.
I was adding some wheel decals to the bike and was taking the pics of the bike, but car happened to be in the background. Coincidentally, did this a day before lowering the car, so that is the only type of pics I have with pre lower settings.

FYI:
WHEELS: 275/45 19"
SUSP SET: LOW with Sport shocks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130410_191340.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	231421   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130412_184329.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	231658  

Last edited by ciaka; 04-12-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
Wow! Thats in Low mode? So high!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 AM
here is another question for renn~man...

Can we or have you tried to lower even more than the 25mm just added? Like maybe another 15mm?
I may try this but wanted to know the implications before attempting.
For example, is there a point at which the suspension will be affected (so low, that range of function will be affected, etc)?

I know the car will be lower, but want to make sure that the shocks to not get into a situation where they adversely affect the car handling. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
I know with my BMWs that alignment and such takes into account passenger weight. I wonder if the original Porsche setup was compensating for the driver's weight? Maybe have someone sit in driver's seat while you measure and see what happens

Last edited by Vig03; 04-12-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:08 PM
added another pic to my above post to compare before and after this mod.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
here is another question for renn~man...

Can we or have you tried to lower even more than the 25mm just added? Like maybe another 15mm?
I may try this but wanted to know the implications before attempting.
For example, is there a point at which the suspension will be affected (so low, that range of function will be affected, etc)?

I know the car will be lower, but want to make sure that the shocks to not get into a situation where they adversely affect the car handling. Thanks.
Even though I admit it would be tempting, I wouldn't suggest trying it. I have gone too low when being more aggressive on the calibrations and the suspension just constantly bottoms out and bounces over every little change in the pavement - embarrassingly so - think chopped springs ricer on interstate.

added another pic to my above post to compare before and after this mod.
Wow.. that is a big change! Now you just have to get some larger wheels on their to fill those wheel gaps.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
By the way, I have decided to sell my stock factory level control module that was already lowered via the Durametric. I was going to keep it as a spare since I now have the Techart module, but decided I could use the extra coin for other mods. This Level Control module would be plug-and-plug for any of the 957 guys. You would not have to get a Durametric or worry about any risk since it is already all set. You can view my demo reel video floating around to get an idea of the height it was lowered it.

PM me if interested to talk numbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]