Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Here is what I, underscore - I, would do:

- lower by about 25mm (1 inch), or maybe add 5mm to that at most.
- spend time with whomever is doing this, to make sure after they set the height, I take my car for a drive and verify that there are no issues (steering, driving over bumps, etc). If anything is noticed, retur for a readjustment (to bring a bit higher)....would expect that they can do this without additional payments from me (part of entire package).
- if I want lower any more, investigate lowering module

Reason? The amount of lowering that can be safely/reasonably done on these cars is NOT infinite. This is not a way to adjust up/down however one pleases. The factory has this built in because of variations in manufacturing process of these cars. It gives them ability to set all cars to some known benchmark height they chose. However, it will be easy to go outside the adjustment factor and have your car not work right.

Now, I have no idea on what YOU would do. That is why I only worry about my CTT.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 AM
CooperH is on a distinguished road
ok first of thank you for your amazing advice tips guys I really appreciate it. I went to a shop this morning. Lowered it 25mm all around. Looks sick, but I want to lower it about 5-10mm more. Here are the values that were changed

Front Left - 190 chnaged to 215mm
Front Right - 190 chnaged to 215mm
Rear Left - 237 changed to 262mm
Rear Right - 237 chnaged to 262 mm

I hope this is the right procedure, toke about 20 mins. Cost me $80 CAD. Mario and Nick at MVS Motors in Scarborough, Ontario are great!!!!!

Car looks and drives great but going back later today to lower another 5-10mm

Thanks again

Old 05-30-2013, 10:12 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I would ask to do without additional charge... plus you do not know what affect that will have on your car, so see if you can ask them to tweak until you are satisfied. Yes, the procedure is no longer than 20 minutes doing slowly...easy, add 25 to whatever number is in the box, save, move to next tire, next, next, save all results, done.

Originally Posted by CooperH
...going back later today to lower another 5-10mm

Thanks again

Old 05-30-2013, 10:40 AM
So through your experience you say don't go lower another 5mm?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I did not go lower than 25mm, but I saw other people post (not sure in this thread/forum or elsewhere) that going lower was causing them issues (bottom out/bounciness, errors in the sw thus unable to proceed, etc).

So through your experience you say don't go lower another 5mm?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
ok first of thank you for your amazing advice tips guys I really appreciate it. I went to a shop this morning. Lowered it 25mm all around. Looks sick, but I want to lower it about 5-10mm more. Here are the values that were changed

Front Left - 190 chnaged to 215mm
Front Right - 190 chnaged to 215mm
Rear Left - 237 changed to 262mm
Rear Right - 237 chnaged to 262 mm

I hope this is the right procedure, toke about 20 mins. Cost me $80 CAD. Mario and Nick at MVS Motors in Scarborough, Ontario are great!!!!!

Car looks and drives great but going back later today to lower another 5-10mm
Sounds good to me. Enjoy your lowered Pepper!

Originally Posted by ciaka
I did not go lower than 25mm, but I saw other people post (not sure in this thread/forum or elsewhere) that going lower was causing them issues (bottom out/bounciness, errors in the sw thus unable to proceed, etc).

+1... Ciaka is right here. The ride will suffer in an obvious way if you go too low. If you choose to go another 5mm is up to you, but you might need to raise it back up.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Rennlist had an ad for Durametric enthusiast kit here.
Quick search so may not be accurate.
Do search online, will save you $$$ for sure with The CTT. $ very well spent IMO.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 PM
THANKS GUYS, LOOKS AND FEELS AWESOME....

Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saggio
Great point! I learned the hard way with this too. I was confused cause everytime I went back into the program it shows the same values.

EDIT:
I'm attempting this for the second time and can't get Channel 1 (FL) to learn a new value. It errors every time while Channel 2,3 and 4 learn just fine.
Any ideas why Channel one (FL) errors and won't learn? (I've tried everything to get it to learn numerous times.
So...... I'm stuck just as you were. Channel 1 (FL) errors on me.. happened twice. Any suggestions? I tried rolling the car back and forth. Basically, I read the stock value., once it gives it to me I then added an additional 25mm and clicked "Save New Value" but the car just sits there.. doesn't go up or down., no sounds from the air compressor..

Any ideas.. its kind of like it times out or something.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
I couldn't make mine work on FL and had a new LCM under warranty installed.

Haven't had the chance to try it again with the new module yet.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saggio
I couldn't make mine work on FL and had a new LCM under warranty installed.

Haven't had the chance to try it again with the new module yet.
Well what are you waiting for. Try again and then let me know

Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 AM
EXPLICIT is on a distinguished road
Apologies if this has been covered. Can anyone confirm this is achievable on current model 958?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT
Apologies if this has been covered. Can anyone confirm this is achievable on current model 958?

Thanks in advance.
I dont see why it can't..

Regarding my issue and it freezing, I called an independent porsche shop thats very reputable in my area. They have heard of customers experiencing the same freeze as I have on the durametric. So I wonder if its just hit and miss for some people or if its a duremetric issue vs the VAG-Com or whatever other cable porsche techs use. I don't have a clue.. but I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if it works...

Old 09-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Well what are you waiting for. Try again and then let me know
I'm thinking about using a PWIS to make this happen.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT
Can anyone confirm this is achievable on current model 958?
My opinion is the same as Seattle996..going off of principle, I do not see why it would not work on the 958. However, no one has confirmed yet.

You can be the first

Originally Posted by Seattle996

Regarding my issue and it freezing, I called an independent porsche shop thats very reputable in my area. They have heard of customers experiencing the same freeze as I have on the durametric. So I wonder if its just hit and miss for some people or if its a duremetric issue vs the VAG-Com or whatever other cable porsche techs use. I don't have a clue.. but I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if it works...
Interesting perspective - thanks for sharing. Please report back and let us know if the PIWIS is the problem.

You have a PM by the way

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]