Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC Flash today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 AM
CuzIcan is on a distinguished road
GIAC Flash today

Well gentlemen, I have taken your advice and I am getting my ECU flash today by a GIAC dealer I found here locally. I am very excited about it. I will provide you with some feedback this evening.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Keep that radar detector plugged in!

Old 01-12-2007, 01:38 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
sweet. what kind of power increase does GIAC claim?
also how much is the flash, i should have done it.

raja

Old 01-12-2007, 03:35 PM
GIAC claims 15-20 hp and 20 lb/ft torque. The flash was $995. I will provide more feedback this evening once I have a chance to really play with it. Hey, BobbySpeed, what should I be looking for in results of the flash. (I drove it back to work and there was no mind blowing difference, but that was only a 5 min drive in traffic) What should I notice?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:04 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
The first thing you should have noticed is that your ride was too short.

Have you upgraded your exhaust and switched to BMC filters? You need a way to get more air in and out.

Throttle response should have improved with the flash, but without really good flow it's hard to notice any significant change.

Are you running GOOD 93 octane gas? Just because it says Premium doesn't mean it's 93 octane, or that it's good quality. What is the Ethanol content?

Remember, it's a very heavy vehicle, and it takes a lot to feel a big difference- you are on the right track!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately, no other mods yet. As for the fuel, I can only assume it is 93 Octane, because that's what the pump said. What brand do you recommend?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I am in the NY metro area and run Sunoco Ultra in my cars. Mobil Premium (93) is my second choice.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately, neither of those is very accessible in the Jacksonville, Fl. We typically have Amoco, Shell, and Gate Petroleum (garbage).

I did have a chace to test the new performance and what I see is much more power off the line. I imagine it would be even more noticeable with some complimentary mods, but...

Overall, I am satisfied, but since I am not a hard core tuner; I am sure I could have spent that $995 on something else and been just as content.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Run with the Amoco Premium.
Put in a set of BMC air filters to improve breathing, and look at replacing those extra catalytic converters with a pair of bypass pipes and a muffler- Cargraphic or Fabspeed. Once you've improved the flow you will have a better breathing Cayenne that will be better suited to take advanyage of your re-mapped ECU. Then, you will be very pleased.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
where I can get BMC filters?

I am getting the pipes and after ecu...

Old 01-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I got a great price on mine from Jay at Brandywine.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 PM
kooser is on a distinguished road
I would go a step further than getting new BMC filters - if you want a real improvement in airflow in then get a set of EVO- Flow intakes for your Cayenne S -$595 well spent! Plus about the same for cat bypass pipes.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:32 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kooser
I would go a step further than getting new BMC filters - if you want a real improvement in airflow in then get a set of EVO- Flow intakes for your Cayenne S -$595 well spent! Plus about the same for cat bypass pipes.
Saw that on your site man!! looks great..

I might do that mod then , just do cat bypass.. like you I'm hesitant to do exhaust ... then i will see which flash I'm getting, i'm still upset about

not getting any credit from GIAC from my previous flash .. i'll try upsolute,LOL then we can have a giac vs. upsolute debate on Cayenne forum

Old 01-13-2007, 02:41 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Pierre996TT
where I can get BMC filters?

I am getting the pipes and after ecu...
You can get BMC filters from Carnewal-europe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC Flash today