Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:16 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Cayenne GTS

Porsche to show Cayenne GTS at Frankfurt

Porsche will show a GTS version of its Cayenne SUV at next week's Frankfurt Motor Show. Based on the Cayenne S, the new model will feature a 405 horsepower V8, a revised suspension and 21 inch wheels. The GTS will also be lighter than the Cayenne S and wears a new aerodynamic body kit. The GTS features second-row bucket seats instead of the Cayenne's standard bench. Expect the newest Cayenne to hit showrooms early next year.

Porsche will also show a transparent Cayenne hybrid concept at Frankfurt, displaying Porsche's new drivetrain that was co-developed with Volkswagen, Audi and Bosch. The first Porsche hybrids should hit the market by the end of the decade. The Cayennes will share the stage with Porsche's new 911 GT2 and the Porsche Design Edition 1 Cayman S.

also with the latest sales figures in North American putting Cayenne up 45% this year, there's no doubt Porsche is keen to offer more selection. However, despite the original SUV mantra of off-road prowess, this GTS model seems to be dressed with urban street wear. A lowered suspension, 21-inch wheels, flashy body kit and special GTS Red paint scheme define the look. On the inside the rear seats are tossed to the trash bin in favor of two (most likely sporty) bucket seats essentially making it a strict four seater. The 4.8 liter V8 gets a slight power increase of 20hp to 405hp (302kW) but the most ironic aspect of the GTS is that it has been put on a diet. No specific weight loss figures have been divulged yet but apparently Porsche wished to improve driving dynamics and performance by trimming some excess. It will be interesting to see how the performance figures compare against the mighty Cayenne Turbo and even mightier Turbo S.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:02 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Interesting news Moh!
Thanks for the useful info

Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 AM
revio will become famous soon enough

Old 09-07-2007, 06:14 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Oh my god, it looks terrific thank you for the pictures.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
that looks pretty sweet!
thanks for sharing!

Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Eurorus is on a distinguished road
inside is terrible!!! I never seen this kind of cayenne inside!!! It look very very bad!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:42 AM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Eurorus
inside is terrible!!! I never seen this kind of cayenne inside!!! It look very very bad!!!!

Um looks like a regular grey interior to me lol Only difference is that it's a stick and dosent have a multifunction steering wheel. I hope there planning on making it in Tiptronic cause these will not sell

Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 AM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
I love it, with a mnual to boot!! This truck may grab a lot of potential BMW X5 and MB ML owners looking to row their own gears.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
Tiptronic IS an option. PDCC is an option. PASM is standard. 21" Wheels are standard. Sport Design Body kit is standard. Not a bad value.

ANd there is a fantastic Orange Pearl color too. Hot. (Nordic Gold)

Last edited by GoldenPEPPA; 09-07-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by GoldenPEPPA
Tiptronic IS an option. PDCC is an option. PASM is an option.

ANd there is a fantastic Orange Pearl color too. Hot.
Really, even great the regular cayenne drives like a dream and not far from stability and driving feel to some sports cars; I think the GTS will suite most folks who want to track their Cayenne in the weekend and haul the kids to a soccer match

Old 09-07-2007, 09:19 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
oh my!!I like..

u guys notice there's no height adjustment switchon the pasm?hmmmm

Last edited by alex911s; 09-07-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by alex911s
oh my!!I like..

thanks for pointing that out, i just noticed it.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
capt601 is on a distinguished road
what is the other button (or light) next to the off road selector?

It looks good, especially the gold color. not so sure of the 6 speed manual.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alex911s
oh my!!I like..

because... the story says the suspension is steel springs WITH PASM like in a Carrera. To get AIR you have to order AIR, usually ordered with PDCC.

With Air suspension and PDCC this thing will be a BEAST.

I also think the 6.1s, 0-60 measurement is conservative. They shortened the final drive ratio... bumped 20hp lightened the truck... With a little wheelspin and a manual trans launch it may go faster.

Last edited by GoldenPEPPA; 09-07-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:25 AM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Lets hope its RWD!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS