Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Cayenne- Umber (Brown) Exterior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 AM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
2011 Cayenne- Umber (Brown) Exterior?

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a 2011 Cayenne in Umber Metallic. The problem is, I don't know what it looks in person and Porsche's website does a horrible job in portraying what the car looks like when you "build" it. I did see an actual same in the dealership on a "plate" but I'd like to picture the whole car or at least picture the color on a Porsche in general.

I was wondering if the Topaz Brown Metallic in the Panamera is similar to the Cayenne's Umber.
I believe the Topaz Brown is lighter than the Umber as shown in the first pic of the Panamera. I will also assume the brown Cayenne in the line-up pic is very close to Umber.

There's also one picture where all the Porsches are brown which seems misleading since they don't all have that color (unless they're all in a custom color).

Thanks
Name:  2011CayenneUmber.jpg
Views: 3082
Size:  111.4 KB

Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 AM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
For what it's worth, I've seen the Cayenne in Umber. I love the color. Much more of a mineral-earth tone than the Topaz from the Panamera.

Ford has a color called Mineral Gray that comes close to the Umber in terms of tone, however the Porsche color is much more metallic and "richer" looking.

I hope that helps. It's a great color and I would definitely recommend it!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i was just at the dealer and they had a Cayenne in "Umber beside a Topaz P4 - the umber is darker and more grey less gold - it really really looked nice imo. the 1st brown i have ever seen from Porsche that i liked.

i think it is about the darkness of meteor grey - so not too dark but also not a washed colour like i find the Topaz

it would look good with the contrasting black interior

Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
mstams is on a distinguished road
Check dealer listings. You should be able to find some pics such as these...

Attached Images     
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Kschroers1 is on a distinguished road
I think the Macadamia Metallic looks best for a brown color. My mom has a 09' Boxster with Macadamia exterior and all leather cocoa interior. Perfect combinations.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
mstams pic's give a good idea but i think that in pic's, the colour looks a bit dead. in reality it has more punch than the photo's.

check the chip sample in the Cayenne book - pretty good rendition.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Thanks a lot guys.

At first, I couldn't find any dealership pics of the Cayenne in that color, but I found it right before mstams posted it.

I expected the color to look great. It was a nice surprise to want something other than the common "black".

In pics, it doesn't look that great. It looks a bit dull. I want something more like the Cayenne in the lineup pic I posted. Ideally, I'd like it to be the same as Macadamia Metallic. I can't decide from pics so I'll have to see it in person. I might just go with black.

http://autos.yahoo.com/new-inventory...=50&picstart=1

Last edited by MrNurse; 07-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I will be ordering a new Cayenne Turbo late winter to replace my Cayenne Turbo S for spring delivery and am seriously considering Umber. Hopefully I will be able to see one in person before it is time to order.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM
beachbum2 is on a distinguished road
i got the brown color i love it was a little unsure at first but now a big fan...got the steering wheel with wood in it to, very nice

Old 06-16-2012, 08:54 PM
noskis is on a distinguished road
i've got a turbo in umber coming in the next month or so...saw it in person at the dealership before i ordered, but i'll gladly post some pics once it arrives