Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bay Area - Sealant, leather guard & clear bra quote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 PM
anil24 is on a distinguished road
Bay Area - Sealant, leather guard & clear bra quote

I will be picking up my Cayenne by mid-April. I would like to get a clear bra & sealant put on the car. Here is what the Bay Area dealer told me:

- They can put ClearArmor that covers front, fenders, mirrors, door edges for $1295.

- They are suggesting I do the following PermaPlate, to the exterior and interior, PaintGuard and Leatherguard for $995

What do you think of these prices? I have ordered a metallic black Cayenne. It will be parked on the street as I dont have a garage.

Thanks

Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
ditch the perma plate. clear bra is optional on the cayenne since it's not as low to the ground. if you are super **** and don't want any small paint chips, you can get it for a piece of mind. the price you were quoted on the clear bra is most likely a partial fender and hood kit. this means you'll see a line down the front 1/3 of the hood and fender. a full frontal coverage will run about 3k

Old 03-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks. Should I get the paint sealant as I park the car outside? Thats the one I am most concerned about.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:21 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
no, get a good detailer to put a synthetic wax on the car or do it yourself. zainobro is a good choice. reapply every 6-8months since you park outside. don't use the cheap turtle wax or blue corel stuff. they only last a week.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I decided against ClearArmor. But I did get the PermaPlate, PaingGuard & leatherguard for $995. Didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding a good detailing place.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
For details, I would highly recommend Pristine Auto Detail in Burlingame. He has been detailing my cars for years and does an amazing job. He only charges $200 for a complete Interior/Exterior detail. It's an all day job. I have tried a lot of places but no one compares to how great of a job this guys does. Just make sure you tell him to clean the engine compartment since that is not covered under the normal detail. But he will include it free of charge if you tell him.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pristine-auto-detail-burlingame

http://www.burlingameautodetailing.com/services.html

Originally Posted by anil24
I decided against ClearArmor. But I did get the PermaPlate, PaingGuard & leatherguard for $995. Didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding a good detailing place.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks. I live in Burlingame so this place is perfect - didnt know about it. Time to take the 5 series to the detailing shop too...

Old 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM
for your information, perma plate has been around since the 80's. it's basically a dealer trick for a few bottles of ancient detailing supplies.

bay area has a lot of good detailing shops. some are mobile.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 AM
ApeKillApe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by anil24
I will be picking up my Cayenne by mid-April. I would like to get a clear bra & sealant put on the car. Here is what the Bay Area dealer told me:

- They can put ClearArmor that covers front, fenders, mirrors, door edges for $1295.

- They are suggesting I do the following PermaPlate, to the exterior and interior, PaintGuard and Leatherguard for $995

What do you think of these prices? I have ordered a metallic black Cayenne. It will be parked on the street as I dont have a garage.

Thanks
Pricing for ClearArmor is reasonable, which I was quoted around 1700 for similar coverage by a pretty reputable installer. I also agree on finding a good detailer first. If you were ever in Socal, there's a pretty famous, "secretive" detailer if you wanted over-the-top detailing for your paint protection.