Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anthracite Birch vs. Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 AM
gasmanavo is on a distinguished road
Anthracite Birch vs. Carbon Fiber

I am finalizing my CTT and have not see the Anthracite Birch or the Carbon Fiber. I would like the interior package with selector lever and steering wheel. There is a $1000 difference between the two. Is the carbon fiber much nicer?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
All depends....What did you choose for Exterior and Interior?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gasmanavo
I am finalizing my CTT and have not see the Anthracite Birch or the Carbon Fiber. I would like the interior package with selector lever and steering wheel. There is a $1000 difference between the two. Is the carbon fiber much nicer?
I have a JBM/Black CT and felt like jazzing up my aluminum trim
Had a hard time choosing,but finally settled on Anthracite Birch trim and gear lever..Very happy with my choice:I believe it blends in the best with a black leather interior and adds an elegant touch
In my opinion,while carbon fiber may look cool and sporty,I find it also has an unfinished aspect I am not crazy about.certainly NOT worth the extra $

Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
birch more lux. cf more sport. neither is "nicer" than the other. just preference, really.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Here's an iphone pic of my interior to give you a little idea about how Anthracite birch trim looks like
I love my sport steering wheel,and its way too sunny to have a wood steering wheel,not to mention that I am much more comfy with the feel of leather on it...
http://Name:  IMG_0729.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  207.7 KB

Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
gasmanavo is on a distinguished road
I am choosing black exterior and black interior. I think that the Anthracite Birch does look a bit richer.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
I would go for more contrast with the Black than either of those.....but that's why they Porsche has so many choices!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Ken Brookings is on a distinguished road
I'll throw in my opinion here . . I don't mean to offend anyone - fixing up our cars to personalize them to our tastes is a pleasure and a time-honored tradition. But maybe this will stimulate some spirited philosophical debate.

I really don't feel good about trimming out a car an artificial or pretend way.
Example; carbon fiber - F1 cars need carbon fiber but the 2 ounce saved with carbon fiber is functionally meaningless, I feel I would be pretending to be something it is not. Of course if you just prefer the look of Carbon Fiber to the other choices then its all good. Otherwise it seems to lack authenticity or just seems too affected. Kinda like those 4x4 all jacked up with huge wheels and lifted body yet never goes off road. I used to live in an area that had a lot of cowboys, real cowboys. But people with money would move there from the city and buy a shiny new pickup truck never use it for work but drive around with a bale of hay in the back. Another example; kids who put non-functional hood scoops on cars. Another example; people who buy a Cayenne or a Cayenne S and then trim it up so people might think its actually a Turbo.

So there is my opinion on the good taste rules of trimming out/personalizing a fine vehicle like our Porsches.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
dimok is on a distinguished road
I personally like walnut. It looks great with black.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I chose the anthracite on the last/current cayenne, love it.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I am going carbon fiber with black interior and carmine red for my 13 GTS on order. I have debated the leather or CF steering wheel too. My walnut wheel gets hot, my wife's leather stays comfortable in the hot or cold yet I still can't make up my mind! My salesman thinks CF will look better on the wheel to match the rest of the trim.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Tough decision when form and function do not dovetail.
I would choose the CF wheel and regret it a little each time the wheel felt too cold or hot.