Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS build, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I had some time in both bose and burmeister for ordering my GTS. I really like music; but I may have heard a slight improvement in the Burm while it wasn't a $4,000 improvement. My wife actually preferred the bose over burm at normal listening levels. Turn it way up and burm may stick out as the better system. I quit listening to music outside of my car in my late teens. Both Bose and burm are both very good, the stock stereo is really poor. Your build is close to the one I will be getting in 2 weeks.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
The 18's may feel tight but the sides are adjustable to come in and out. The 14 ways are fixed. I'd go with 18 way if the 14 didn't feel like they used my back to make the mold.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
When I was deciding on many of these details I read any postings about the 18 ways and said that if you are a big guy the 18 ways might be too confining. If you are on the thin side like myself the 18 ways hug like a dream and cam be adjusted to fit nicely.
I am an audiophile and was suprised that the BOSE sounded similar to the Burm to me. I went back and forth one parked right next to the other to make a direct comparison. I swapped the same CDs but just couldn't hear that much of a difference. I had a thing against BOSE from previous cars but this one was much better. But I still don't like the idea that either of the systems only have treble and bass as far as EQing.
Rob.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 AM
dcbigbaps is on a distinguished road
$4k is a lot of money... as much as the burmester may be emotional... I could get PDCC for that much money. Maybe I will back off on it. I also thought of going with white or black to save the $3k for the red... but it looks so nice.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
I would think only you can chose the color. I would get something you really like even if you have to put the extra $ towards the color selection.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:13 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
The center console at the rear looks kind of empty and cheap without the 4-zone, does not match up to a $100,000 car.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TGED
The center console at the rear looks kind of empty and cheap without the 4-zone, does not match up to a $100,000 car.
100K$..I wish
True though,it's one of the 2 options I would have like to have ordered..along with the thermal/privacy glass
Ah well..the devil is in the details

Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
We were going to order a Cayenne diesel, as soon as we found out the 4-zone is not available on the diesels in US/ Canada we changed our mind and ordered the S instead.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I think I am sticking with most of my original order... but am forgoeing the burmester as well as ACC and adding on PDCC and PTV (although I am not sure how much PTV actually adds). Appreciate the banter. Will def keep everyone posted as I get closer to ordering.

I actually thought about aftermarket wheels as well... however the base GTS comes with 20'ers and an upgrade to turbo II is about $2k. I am not sure I can justify spending much more than that and order high end aftermarket wheels. Although I love the vorsteiner's!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 AM
I made the exact same choice after reading countless postings from the guys on here. They convinced me to go with the PDCC and PTV and I know those will make the car killer for handling.

NOW IF THE 6 WEEKS FOR IT'S ARRIVAL WOULD PASS........

Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
PDCC/PTV is absolutely worth every penny.

It's a shame that the diesel models can't get these.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 AM
greg_g is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps
I can't bring myself to pay any additional cost for bose
  • I think you got that backward. On a new GTS, Bose costs $1690 versus $5690 for the Burmester.
  • I'll cast one more vote for the 4-zone, too. Especially with the pano roof.
  • The TNP glass is supposed to have an unaffected area in which to place things like detectors and EZ passes. My Cayenne is quiet, but those big Michelins aren't. I regret not ordering TNP glass with mine.
  • I also was not pleased that 4-zone ACC wasn't available on the diesel.
  • Likewise with the red paint, I had to settle for dark blue metallic.

• The lighted sills are an ego thing though, and look funny if you get Weather Tech or similar mats.
  • Same opinion on aftermarket wheels. But I guess if you feel you need both winter and summer tires on an intelligent all wheel drive car, I guess that's some justification.
  • From what I understand, all the 18 way seats give you over the 14s is four inflatable bolsters. My 14s are already plenty comfortable. But I'm a six foot 212 pounder, thinner folks may have a different opinion.
  • I'm very impressed with the standard suspension, compared to the 2011 Touareg I owned previously. I now take 35mph curves at 60 or more - with cruise control on - and I'm still not tempted to make a move toward the brake pedal. Couldn't do that with the Touareg suspension.
  • Interior trim is a personal thing, and personally I don't think carbon fiber adds much more than the standard glossy black. But I couldn't see the value in a thousand dollar trim option, when I could do it myself. I have a B&I dash kit on order, $164 for dark burl. I think the most expensive kit they sell is only about $230

//greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 11-27-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by greg_g
[LIST][*]I think you got that backward. On a new GTS, Bose costs $1690 versus $5690 for the Burmester.
Lol, I mean't that I just can't see myself actually spending money to upgrade to Bose. If it came standard I would go for it. I could justify spending money on upgrading to a company like Burmester. It was more a philosophical debate in the back of my mind.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
I would have that same thought process on the 2 systems especially since I was already biased against BOSE. But I read every post I could find on the subject and I think people said the BOSE was much better than the stock system. You should search BOSE on here and see what comes up. There were a lot of postings from people who compared stock to BOSE.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM
There are actually 4 levels of sound system, not 3, as most people think. They are Base, PCM, Bose and Burmester. When you order the PCM/Navi, the sound system is upgraded and it doesn't sound bad at all, the bass is actually very good thanks to the increased size door woofers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS build, thoughts?