Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS build, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
When testing make sure you have your CD's. The Burm sample CD will make the system sound much better than bose, your cds will be a lot different.
Bose from the factory aren't adjusted well. Tick the box for surround sound on the bose too, it isn't preselected from the factory. I might adjust to +1 or +2 for treble and base. Copy the setting across all the systems. Burm also has odd settings like live which adds a little echo, Rock, or Jazz. Bose doesn't have any or these.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 AM
greg_g is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TGED
In MY country, I did test drive a Cayenne without the PCM/Navi.
Sure. In locations where there's insufficient mapping data, there's little point in spending money on a NAV system - unless you have reason to navigate by GPS coordinates alone (off-road mode).

//greg//

Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 AM
dcbigbaps is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrPorsche
Tick the box for surround sound on the bose too, it isn't preselected from the factory.
I wasn't even aware this was an option. Is that more $$$?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
With all this talk of the audio systems I went on to look at what the GTS offers and I am confused. I ordered a CTT so the BOSE w/ HD radio and Sirius/XM is all inclusive. But when I try to build a GTS it looks like they have broken down every little thing as an extra? It looks like to get the same thing you pay for:
PCM w/ Navigation $3675
BOSE $1690
SAT radio + HD radio $1120

I guess that makes the Turbo a deal in the sense that it is all included at no extra charge. I might be missing something here?

Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by greg_g
Sure. In locations where there's insufficient mapping data, there's little point in spending money on a NAV system - unless you have reason to navigate by GPS coordinates alone (off-road mode).

//greg//
We do have full mapping data in Canada, nowadays most higher end cars do come with factory GPS

Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
With all this talk of the audio systems I went on to look at what the GTS offers and I am confused. I ordered a CTT so the BOSE w/ HD radio and Sirius/XM is all inclusive. But when I try to build a GTS it looks like they have broken down every little thing as an extra? It looks like to get the same thing you pay for:
PCM w/ Navigation $3675
BOSE $1690
SAT radio + HD radio $1120

I guess that makes the Turbo a deal in the sense that it is all included at no extra charge. I might be missing something here?
When you select the PCM option, the CDR Plus is included with no extra cost.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Wow lot's to think about. And here I thought the hardest decision would be what wheels to pick

Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 AM
When you further upgrade the audio from PCM to Bose/Burmester, Porsche does not give you credit for the CDR Plus that is already included in the PCM (CDR Plus is also available as an individual option). It is also possible to upgrade the base audio(non-PCM) directly to Bose/Burmester. Porsche is making the option selection unnecessarily confusing and complicated.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TGED
When you further upgrade the audio from PCM to Bose/Burmester, Porsche does not give you credit for the CDR Plus that is already included in the PCM (CDR Plus is also available as an individual option). It is also possible to upgrade the base audio(non-PCM) directly to Bose/Burmester. Porsche is making the option selection unnecessarily confusing and complicated.
No surprise there; Porsche's configurator is terrible and illogical.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mrporsche
no surprise there; porsche's configurator is terrible and illogical.
+1

Old 12-01-2012, 10:23 AM
teebo2345 has a spectacular aura aboutteebo2345 has a spectacular aura aboutteebo2345 has a spectacular aura about
Just picked up a GTS yesterday and the Bose actually sounds great. I had the burmester in my old panamera and it really shines with excessive volume.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by teebo2345
Just picked up a GTS yesterday and the Bose actually sounds great. I had the burmester in my old panamera and it really shines with excessive volume.
The key is excessive volume, it is difficult to have a system that sounds good at low or normal volume. It is best to have independent level control on the subwoofer but I don't see any factory system having that.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Going in on the 15th to place the order. Any last suggestions? I will give a heads up when I place my final order to get comments. Thanks.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
What color are you getting?
My hardest decision was between the Turbo II and Sport Edition black wheels. I ordered the Sport Editions because I think it looked eveil with the blacked out turbo.
I studied the options for months and still might have a regret herer or there with options.

Pepper---- I drove a new GTS the other day and I now understand the difference in exhaust sounds between that and the turbo. I listened to the recordings on the Porsche site and the difference is big there also.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
If I can stomach the cost, I think I am going to go with the carmine red with turbo II wheels.

The exhaust note is the main reason I am getting this thing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS build, thoughts?