Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hybrid Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:31 AM
milspecpanda is on a distinguished road
Hybrid Problem

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, nice to meet you all!

I am a owner of the Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid. I purchased the vehicle from the only authorized Porsche Distributor in Thailand. Unlike 90% of Cayenne users in Thailand, I choose AAS (Porsche Distributor in Thailand) thinking that if there were any problems it would be easier and better to fix/maintain the car. However recently I've been having problem with the hybrid problem, the Dash shows "Hybrid Fault". The car has been in the dealer 3 times in the past 6 days. The car is a year and 2 months old.

Has anyone's dealer manage to fix the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Davykurniadi is on a distinguished road
I had a lot of problems with the hybrid. Mine was probably one of the first delivery in Asia (2010). Porsche regional and Leipzig tried to solve the problem, but nothing (see my post on Serious Problem with Cayenne Hybrid). So, Porsche gave up and offered me to replace the unit. I chose the S. Been really happy ever since.

Suggestion, stay away from hybrid. Don't even try to solve the problem or think the problem can be solved. The Japanese automakers are much much more advance in hybrid technology, obviously not Porsche. I though Porsche solved the problem, but apparently issues with the hybrid continue.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 PM
KR62 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by milspecpanda
Hello everyone I am new to this forum, nice to meet you all!

I am a owner of the Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid. I purchased the vehicle from the only authorized Porsche Distributor in Thailand. Unlike 90% of Cayenne users in Thailand, I choose AAS (Porsche Distributor in Thailand) thinking that if there were any problems it would be easier and better to fix/maintain the car. However recently I've been having problem with the hybrid problem, the Dash shows "Hybrid Fault". The car has been in the dealer 3 times in the past 6 days. The car is a year and 2 months old.

Thanks in advance!
I use S hybrid in thailand."Hybrid Fault"
is battery heat .If that is "yellow" you should find place to stop your car about 30 min.Don't continue drive for long distance.If you continue drive "yellow" sign is change to "red" your car will stop itself because battery overheat.
So,you can avoid "Hybrid Fault" when you drive cayenne s hybrid for long distance by don't drive too fast.You could glide along ability by pull out your foot from accelerator or keep down your accelerator to discharge you battery.
Drive very fast will guick charge battery until battery will fully charge.If you still charge your battery by still drive very fast.Battery will heat and the dash show "Hybrid Fault" in yellow.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
No sure about the Hybrid. Personally, I'd rather get the Diesel. you'd probably get better mileage from the Diesel. Porsche's Hybrid Tech in the Cayenne is not proven yet.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 AM
hkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura about
I had considered a hybrid before I decided to get a S as i am in one of the most expensive fuel price places in the world. Considering the price difference can afford tons of fuel too.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
TechWizard is on a distinguished road
2012 Hybrid S

Absolutely no problems. Regular service intervals. 24K on the odo. Enjoying the amazing car start/stop/coast(sailing).

Let off the gas at 80 mph - engine off, transmission clutch disconnects drivetrain - free wheel coasting. Tap the gas, engine back on not missing a beat.

Bonus - Floor it at 90 mph, both the gas and electric engines add dual power. The electric engine boost is instant and rocks to 100+ before you know what happened.

Let off gas, engine off, coast - repeat.

David

Old 06-06-2013, 07:46 AM
jear is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone, i have a problem with hybrid. if i drive around 1hr. fan of battery is loudly and i can't use e-power mode. if i push e-power button it's show e power not possible on panel . if i drive to long over 1.30 hr. on the panel show engine must run , so engine start/stop can't use

Old 06-06-2013, 08:02 AM
TechWizard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jear
Hi everyone, i have a problem with hybrid. if i drive around 1hr. fan of battery is loudly and i can't use e-power mode. if i push e-power button it's show e power not possible on panel . if i drive to long over 1.30 hr. on the panel show engine must run , so engine start/stop can't use

What's the outside temp where you are? I live in Fla where the temps are 90+ every day. Yes the battery fan comes on in the back. I'm not sure you understand the difference between e-power and boost modes. e-power is only to be used under 30 mph. Its for slow neighborhood driving only! It will never work above these speeds, so its [e power not possible] is as it is supposed to be. Boost (+45 hp) happens anytime the battery is charged enough to deliver it. Boost is engaged by flooring the petal. Look at your display and you will see directional arrows from both the battery and gas engine going to the wheels. This is what gives you extra power at any speed. The engine start/stop only works when the load on the battery allows for it. Eg, if you have the Air cranked, Radio on, Headlights, Mp3 player etc. you may be drawing too much battery power. Start/Stop is disabled. This is the exact same condition on ALL Porsche Models. (Just had a loaner Panamera - no start/stop under many conditions).

Hope this helps.
D

Last edited by TechWizard; 06-06-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 AM
dragons_003 is on a distinguished road
hi,i am having the same problem with my hybrid too.the hybrid fault keep coming up.does anyone know how to fix it.r there any software updates for this
thanks

Last edited by dragons_003; 06-10-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 AM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Did you guys get this problem resolved?

Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
dragons_003 is on a distinguished road
yes problem solved.need to change the clutch oil every 10000km for hybrid

Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
I assume that's done with the annual service every other year?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:14 AM
edmundta17 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hybrid problem

I own a hybrid too . Only 1year 6 month . Send in to repair more then 10 time . Porsche cannot solve the problem . Hybrid and engine vault . They even drop the engine twice. They will try to push in to the hot weather. Dirty hybrid oil . Once the warranty due . They will tell u no more warranty . Mine hybrid vault light up . They remove the engine change the part and it only last 3 week . Engine vault lighted up again . I bought it for 500k and wanted to sell back to Porsche . Guess what they offer 250k for 1.5 year old car . What the &$&?,()$.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Old 07-12-2017, 12:11 PM
healthyspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid with less than 12,000 miles on it. However when I drive the vehicle hard for about 15min, a warning sign in yellow shows up on the dash "Fault Hybrid System". The car continues to run without the battery assist and the fault disappears after a cooling down period, mostly after restarting the vehicle after some minutes.

Anyone experience this? what is the resolution?

Thanks

Old 07-21-2017, 04:02 PM
blackbean is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 2017 Cayenne Hybrid Charging issue

I have a 2017 Hybrid Cayenne and am, since the summer warm weather arrived, encountering a weird overnight charging issue. I use a Porsche charging unit with regular household current. During the colder winter weather the car charged in about 7 to 8 hours with no issues. But since the warmer weather arrived when I plug it in the car's cooling fan starts. Also, my Porsche app indicates that it may take some 12 hours or so to charge the vehicle. The dealer says that should not happen and they have not been able to duplicate it, of course their test charging takes place in their air-conditioned garage. I can't see that the fan running for the duration of the charge can be good for the car. So I am only charging it now while driving. Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering what do people who live in hot climates do?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Problem