Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

BlueSpark Pro+Boost Gen2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 05:38 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
It will likely come preset to C5, so initially you can just plug and play. There's a little indentation in the horizontal panel to the right of the engine. Mine nestled in there and stays with a little help from Velcro. Excess cabling tucks away nicely beneath the panel.

If you like C5, you're good to go. I'm a little more adventuresome, and opened mine to try a few other settings. When I did so, I left the end cap off the box to facilitate moving the jumper selecting power settings. Plus - if you drop one of those little machine screws - you'll likely never see it again. I only put on about 700 miles a month, and try to avoid driving in the rain - so the box stayed dry the whole time. Pretty hard to get road water that high in the engine compartment anyway. I eventually ended up on E8 before reinstalling the end cap.

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 04-26-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:24 AM
kbobk is on a distinguished road

Here is how I mounted it... at least temporarily until I find the setting I want to stick with. Hook up was super easy finding a suitable mounting place took much longer. I drove to the fuel station on C5 last night and honestly couldn't tell a difference from stock. I plan to step it up and find that extra torque and HP.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpg1.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	366002  
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Mine showed up today (they only told me it shipped Friday!). Their packing has greatly improved from the original Gen 1 packing materials. Sadly they still haven't updated the pictures to give a better description of where our boost sensor is

I'll get it tuned (probably going to go D or E, but need to read their docs and re-read Greg's info) and installed as soon as it stops raining.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
lab racer is on a distinguished road
New 2014 CD

I have 1400 miles on my CD, just took it through the tail of the dragon at speed in sport suspension mode of course, actually handles quite well for such a large vehicle.

Ideally I would still like to do a proper chip tune on the 2014 CD but the code has not been cracked by Malone. Anyone know if Unitronic or RocketChip has cracked the code?

I may have to join the BlueSpark club.

Any plans to put your CD back on the dyno with the second Gen Bluespark?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Mpg

My CD only has 1400 miles and has been filled twice.
Calculated mileage 25.9 on first tank and 26.8 on second take with a fair amount of spirited driving to break the motor in.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lab racer
Any plans to put your CD back on the dyno with the second Gen Bluespark?
Nope. I paid for the dyno results (which were suspect) on the Gen1 so it's someone else's turn to step up and dyno the Gen2 box.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Number of BlueSpark Users

I have read posts from 3 different users who are running the BlueSpark Pro

what is the actual number of people using them?

Has anyone datalogged their boost curve with the blueSpark?

Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 AM
mmmazing will become famous soon enough
Hi guys, just got my unit Gen2, so what is the optimal power/economy setting at this point C7 or C8, I am still confused after reading all these posts

Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Yeah I need to email them. I tried E6 and C6 and can't say that I'm impressed. With the old Gen1 unit on 8 and 9 there was no question it was doing something, not so much here.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Just installed it and set it to C 7, feels much better then without it, will try to track consumption over the next few weeks.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by gnat
Yeah I need to email them. I tried E6 and C6 and can't say that I'm impressed. With the old Gen1 unit on 8 and 9 there was no question it was doing something, not so much here.
Got a response from them and since this doesn't seem to be spelled out this clear in this thread I figured I'd add it for anyone that started with the Gen1 threads and wants to compare apples to apple-like things

The Gen2 box has its settings the other way around. The 0-9 of the old box is now the A-E of the red jumpers, whereas the blue potentiometer from the old box is now the 0-9 of the new (setting 5/6 is about centre from the old pot), so the old adjuster on 90% would be about setting 8 on the new dial.
The equivalent of Map 8 would be Map E.
Map 7 is Map D, Map 6 is C, Map 5 is B and Map 4 is A. These do not tally exactly as the maps have been modified for the US car but that is the general correlation.
I'm at C6 (how it came) and tried E6 and neither have done anything big for me. So I'll go out here in a bit and try a different setting with the new info.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Sorry for my confusion, but what does the round dial 0-9 do, so if I want old program 7 I need to move the red pin to D and dial...

Old 05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by gnat
Got a response from them and since this doesn't seem to be spelled out this clear in this thread I figured I'd add it for anyone that started with the Gen1 threads and wants to compare apples to apple-like things I'm at C6 (how it came) and tried E6 and neither have done anything big for me. So I'll go out here in a bit and try a different setting with the new info.

Sorry for my confusion, but what does the round dial 0-9 do, so if I want old program 7 I need to move the red pin to D and dial...

Old 05-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by mmmazing
Old: Numbered dial selected which basic map you wanted and the adjustable pot allowed you to fine tune the map.

New: Jumpered header selects the basic map you want and the numbered dial lets you fine tune it.

Based on their information the translation is:

1. No longer exists
  2. No longer exists
  3. No longer exists
  4. A
  5. B
  6. C
  7. D
  8. E
  9. No longer exists
Additionally the old map 0 (disabled) functionality is moved to the new dial adjuster when you set it to the 0 position regardless of which overall map you have selected.

So based on what you're asking (old map 7) and what they've provided, D (on the header) would be the setting you want. You'll then have to play with the dial to tweak it as you want.

Also keep in mind that since the Gen 2 is now tuned to the NA ECU saying "old map 7 = new map D" isn't factually correct. It's more of a general guide than a 1:1 translation.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:14 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Round one is the Power Adjust, which permits you to fine tune anywhere between economy and performance relative to which of the 5 sets of pins you've jumpered.
Hi guys, just got my unit Gen2, so what is the optimal power/economy setting at this point C7 or C8, I am still confused after reading all these posts
Only jumper pins C and E are for US spec Cayenne Diesels. I wasn't impressed with the default C5 either, am currently on E8. Pretty sure that's where I'm going to stay.

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 05-14-2014 at 03:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BlueSpark Pro+Boost Gen2