Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

BlueSpark Pro+Boost Gen2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:05 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
I thought I was clear. The box to which you refer is for the Gen1 diesel ('02-09). Euro-spec only. The Gen2 diesel was installed from MY11 on. Plus there's a Gen2 Euro-spec, and a Gen2 US-spec. That's not a US-spec box. And if there's a Gen3 diesel, it's news to me

That said, I'm giving consideration to buying a Macan. Before I entertain trade-in insults from Porsche dealers, I can offer my Cayenne to you for sale - including the US-tweaked Gen2 BlueSpark box.

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 08-12-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:23 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wangstapower
What about tuningbox.com ? Is Bluespark the best for modifying the CD?
http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk is another option. I went with them after seeing the performance of the bluespark gen 1 from another thread. I emailed tdi to verify the correct unit and they actually called me the next day. It's been on my CD for over a year now and no CELs. Haven't been on a dyno to verify the HP gains but they have been around a lot longer than bluespark.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk is another option. I went with them after seeing the performance of the bluespark gen 1 from another thread. I emailed tdi to verify the correct unit and they actually called me the next day. It's been on my CD for over a year now and no CELs. Haven't been on a dyno to verify the HP gains but they have been around a lot longer than bluespark.
how are the gains with this box?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 AM
CayenneDriver is on a distinguished road
What setting are each of you currently using?

What setting are each of you currently using on the Gen2 with US Spec Cayenne Diesel? Have you found one best for economy and another to be best for performance. Last I saw was Greg liked E-8.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:30 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Yup. Still E8. Made about a 1000 mile round trip to Chicago last weekend, mpg and performance both impressive. I always engage Sport mode upon starting, which adds gravitas to these numbers. And wind speed/direction plays a big roll. First 4 hours averaged 36.2 until I turned west and NNE into a gusty NW wind. 3 hours later t end the trip @34.8

Wind was with me on the return leg, got 39.7 for the first 110 miles. Then a breeze kicked up, but mpg was still 36,2 when I pulled into my driveway 300 miles later

0-60 consistently either side of 6.0 sec, depending upon wind speed/direction and fuel load

//greg//

Old 10-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Power service diesel fuel supplement

Originally Posted by grohgreg
Yup. Still E8. Made about a 1000 mile round trip to Chicago last weekend, mpg and performance both impressive. I always engage Sport mode upon starting, which adds gravitas to these numbers. And wind speed/direction plays a big roll. First 4 hours averaged 36.2 until I turned west and NNE into a gusty NW wind. 3 hours later t end the trip @34.8

Wind was with me on the return leg, got 39.7 for the first 110 miles. Then a breeze kicked up, but mpg was still 36,2 when I pulled into my driveway 300 miles later

0-60 consistently either side of 6.0 sec, depending upon wind speed/direction and fuel load

//greg//
Greg, Thanks for all of your helpful posts. Has anyone tried the POWER SERVICE DIESEL FUEL SUPPLEMENTS with a Blue Spark. It may be good for another few mpg and a little better performance?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:50 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I haven't tried them together as I've stopped using my BSP, but I've since started using the Power Service additive. So far (3rd tank @ ~12oz per tank) I have noticed enough of a fuel economy increase to cover the cost of the fluid (when I buy the big 80oz bottle), but it really is a break even situation.

I have not noticed any other difference (e.g. doesn't feel like there is more power).

Old 10-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneDriver
Greg, Thanks for all of your helpful posts. Has anyone tried the POWER SERVICE DIESEL FUEL SUPPLEMENTS with a Blue Spark. It may be good for another few mpg and a little better performance?
That would be me again. The BSP+ is only 1/3 of the equation that gets me up to 39.7 mpg. I also use Power Service, but there's no cetane boost unless you use it at the 2x strength. Hence I use 20oz Power Service per 26.4 gallon tank full; silver jug most of the time, white jug when <20F overnight temps are anticipated. I've had one diesel gel on me over the years, and that's one too many. The last 1/3 of the equation is LRR tires, mine being Michelin Latitude Tour HP GreenX in the OE 255/55R18 size.

//greg//

Old 10-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Max MPG

That would be me again. The BSP+ is only 1/3 of the equation that gets me up to 39.7 mpg. I also use Power Service, but there's no cetane boost unless you use it at the 2x strength. Hence I use 20oz Power Service per 26.4 gallon tank full; silver jug most of the time, white jug when <20F overnight temps are anticipated. I've had one diesel gel on me over the years, and that's one too many. The last 1/3 of the equation is LRR tires, mine being Michelin Latitude Tour HP GreenX in the OE 255/55R18 size.

//greg//
Good information! I have read the smaller wheels help mpg too and I see you are using 18". I have a new 2015 on order with 18" wheels and I chose a lighter color to not have to run the AC as much. I think it may come with a coasting function and possibly cooling ducts that close to help the aero. With the BSP and Power Service additive it will be interesting to see the mpg results.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Don't forget LRR (low rolling resistance) tires. OE is typically either crap Conti Contacts or Goodyear LS. I told my dealer I would only take delivery once the OEs were swapped for the Michelin LRRs. Cost me an extra $500 for premium tires, but I consider it money well spent.

//greg//

Old 02-13-2015, 01:44 PM
abatis is on a distinguished road
Just checking in to see how people are liking their BlueSparks? I pulled mine off for the 15K service at my dealer and may wait for spring to put it back on.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:02 PM
I do my own oil changes, so my first trip to the dealer for scheduled service was @ 20k. I left the box on, and the service manager was impressed. I showed him how easy it was to remove if necessary. Came back for the car ~6 hours later, the box wasn't even mentioned. So I know of at least one dealer that's unconcerned with BlueSpark.

//Greg//

Old 02-13-2015, 07:47 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by abatis
Just checking in to see how people are liking their BlueSparks? I pulled mine off for the 15K service at my dealer and may wait for spring to put it back on.
I never got the MPG bump or power feel of the Gen2 box like I did from the Gen1. I pulled it off ages ago for a dealer trip and never put it back on.

Its a shame as I was impressed with the Gen1 until it acted up with the ECU. I suspect there might be something wrong with this box, but I wasn't interested enough to pay shipping back and forth to the UK.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:48 AM
Did you perhaps forget that I offered to reprogram it for you? If that doesn't interest you, I still have my Gen 1 take-off sitting on a shelf.

//Greg//

Old 02-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Did you perhaps forget that I offered to reprogram it for you? If that doesn't interest you, I still have my Gen 1 take-off sitting on a shelf. //Greg//
We know the Gen1 isn't a good solution unfortunately.

I remember reaching out to you, but I don't recall a response. I certainly appreciate the offer. I'll reach out to you again offline to work it out. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BlueSpark Pro+Boost Gen2