Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC flash with or without intercooler upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 AM
xray doc is on a distinguished road
GIAC flash with or without intercooler upgrade

I've gotten the go ahead from the Mrs. (it's her car anyway) to get the ECU GIAC flashed on her 958 CTT. Would it be recommended to upgrade the intercoolers as well? Any detriment to the harder working turbos if I do not? This is not a track car and she mostly drives it until I inherit the truck in a couple of years.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 AM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
From other members who have tuned their Cayennes, they almost all recommend upgrading the stock plenum and diverter valves. The stock valves are are plastic and are susceptible to cracking from the increased boost from the tune.

I recently did both of these upgrades, check out this thread for some pics.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xray doc
I've gotten the go ahead from the Mrs. (it's her car anyway) to get the ECU GIAC flashed on her 958 CTT. Would it be recommended to upgrade the intercoolers as well? Any detriment to the harder working turbos if I do not? This is not a track car and she mostly drives it until I inherit the truck in a couple of years.

Thanks.
You'll be perfectly fine with stock intercoolers. As noted, the plenum does make a nice torque gain in the mid range.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:41 PM
dragonheart is on a distinguished road
HOiYA,
Is replacing the IPD Plenum in the Turbo S an easy and straight forward DIY?

Old 02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
The plenum is an easy install on the Cayenne Turbo. For the intercoolers, I would say 90% of customers stick with the stock intercoolers. I would recommend looking at exhaust before intercoolers, if you are interested in even more power. Most customers are very happy with the power jump from the software alone

Old 02-27-2014, 02:56 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dragonheart
HOiYA,
Is replacing the IPD Plenum in the Turbo S an easy and straight forward DIY?
Here is a link to a DIY thread.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:15 PM
dragonheart is on a distinguished road
awesome! Thank you!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:41 PM
xray doc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
The plenum is an easy install on the Cayenne Turbo. For the intercoolers, I would say 90% of customers stick with the stock intercoolers. I would recommend looking at exhaust before intercoolers, if you are interested in even more power. Most customers are very happy with the power jump from the software alone
I agree about the exhaust and improved air intake to go along with the tune as I have done that with my ctsV.