Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2013 Cayenne GTS Engine Modz

Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Dynomite is on a distinguished road
2013 Cayenne GTS Engine Modz

In love with this car

Can I do anything to increase the 420 hp and 380tq to get closer to the Turbo range?

Is it safe to add turbos? Or do anything else for that matter?

I know its usually not wise to "rice" out such an elegant ride, but wanted to ask

Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 PM
JoseCarlosC has a spectacular aura aboutJoseCarlosC has a spectacular aura about
the fabspeed cat bypass is said to give around 10-15 hp.. i'm not sure if it is true but i like the sound..

Old 07-01-2014, 05:54 AM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
once you buy all of the turbo "stuff" you will be close to what a turbo costs. Just go trade your GTS in for a turbo

Old 07-03-2014, 01:34 AM
eliah3us is on a distinguished road
This is a tough one now as you already have the GTS that you do. It's always best to buy a turbo charged vehicle for future performance tweaks cause those tweaks will be the most significant on turbo vehicles. Among the Cayenne, you're looking at the Hybrid, Turbo and Turbo S.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:13 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dynomite
In love with this car

Can I do anything to increase the 420 hp and 380tq to get closer to the Turbo range?

Is it safe to add turbos? Or do anything else for that matter?

I know its usually not wise to "rice" out such an elegant ride, but wanted to ask
How on earth would you add turbos???

By the way, I did ask IPD if they had an improved plenum for the GTS motor. They said NO, it's already optimized, unlike in the regular Cayenne S motor, and they couldn't find any gains by designing and offering one.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:30 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I believe adding turbos to a GTS would be more costly then just selling it and buying a CTT.... I would also be very concerned about engine failures at this level of build/modification. Getting a CTT with a warrantee would be my choice then you can chip it and have close to 600HP!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Dynomite is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info, opinions, and replies. I was just curious. I love naturally aspirated engines, have never owned a turbo. My supercharged Sq5 is fun. I think the gts is perfect for the cayenne range but would love a turbo on either the 911 or Panamera.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
eliah3us is on a distinguished road
If you love the NA V8 just enjoy it while you can cause there will be a time soon they will stop putting them in. The future trend is V6 turbos. Lighter weight, better performance, more power and better fuel efficiency.

P.S. I wouldn't do the mods you're looking for as the cost would be
astronomical. Trade in for the turbo or the hybrid. You can even make the hybrid beat the GTS with the right mods.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:38 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
anything is possible with enough money, but the compression ratios on the n/a v8 vs the tt are different. the n/a motors have a much higher compression ratio so even if you just slapped on turbos it wouldn't be safe to boost as high unless you lower the compression, changing pistons, etc. like everyone else has said, its cheaper to sell and buy a turbo.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:09 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Would be nice to be able to add some sort of intake or something. lol

Old 02-16-2019, 08:14 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
I have a 2014 GTS. Love the big naturally aspirated V8. I would not put on turbos but would do a supercharger if I could find one. The GTS is pretty limited. There in no intake for it. You can do exhaust, remove secondary cats (fabspeed) (11hp) and Vivid Racing makes a tune (20 hp).

I have done both. Adding only 30 hp to 420 is not really noticeable. The sounds of the cat delete is awesome. It is why I bought the V8 instead of turbo

Marc

Old 02-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi Dynomite,

We offer a complete Performance Package for the 958 GTS that includes our Secondary Catbypass Pipes, Maxflo Performance Exhaust w/Quad Polished Chrome Tips, BMC Filters and ECU Tune.

This setup gives you a throaty, aggressive exhaust note along with approx. +25-30whp and improvements in overall driveability - better throttle response and a more linear powerband.

Installation is via direct bolt-on replacements with no cutting/welding required.

Please feel free to give me a shout to discuss or for forum pricing!

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-958...mance-package/