Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2015 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:13 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
2015 Cayenne S

Our 2015 Cayenne S in White was delivered on Friday night, feels good to have a Porsche back in the family.

I was a bit worried about the loss of the V8 but the engine is pretty good, even better when in Sport mode. Never feels like a loss of torque and has a decent note when starting up. Not quite a V8 but I don't miss it like I thought I would.

Options:
Premium Package
Infotainment Package
Power Seats (14-way)
20" SportDesign II Wheels
Front Seat Ventilation/Heating
Panoramic Roof
Bose Surround Sound

Interior is so nice and the seats are wonderfully comfortable. Steering wheel is great. Not much else to share at this point, have only driven once so far so need to get out there!

Some quick pics when delivered:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0746.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	406720   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0751.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	406722   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0748_2.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	406726  

Last edited by riozilla; 11-03-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Always Up will become famous soon enoughAlways Up will become famous soon enough
As abundant as brand new cayennes and range rovers are here in Orange County, I never get tired of seeing them. Congratulations on your new vehicle, you should also post up pictures of your panoramic roof, if there is one thing I regret not getting apart from entry and drive, it would be the panoramic roof.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome back and congratulations! Stunning looking Cayenne

Old 11-04-2014, 11:56 AM
WhipE350 is on a distinguished road
I''m looking forward to driving one, though I won't be buying since I just got a Diesel. I still like to see how the new models compare.

Thanks for the pics. These P!Gs just keep getting better and better looking.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Congrats! Looks great.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:53 AM
ct-andy is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

If it possible to install cat bypass for 2015 S?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
New steering wheel is cool. Also like the rear diffuser! Congrats!!

Old 11-23-2014, 11:29 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by riozilla
Our 2015 Cayenne S in White was delivered on Friday night, feels good to have a Porsche back in the family.

I was a bit worried about the loss of the V8 but the engine is pretty good, even better when in Sport mode. Never feels like a loss of torque and has a decent note when starting up. Not quite a V8 but I don't miss it like I thought I would.

Options:
Premium Package
Infotainment Package
Power Seats (14-way)
20" SportDesign II Wheels
Front Seat Ventilation/Heating
Panoramic Roof
Bose Surround Sound

Interior is so nice and the seats are wonderfully comfortable. Steering wheel is great. Not much else to share at this point, have only driven once so far so need to get out there!

Some quick pics when delivered:
Looks great. Is your interior Black or Grey can't tell from photos. I test drove a dealers car and it felt faster than the GTS I tested as well. Gobs of low end torque. It seemed really quiet so sound could be improved for my taste. My S is unloading from the ship right now in RI. Can't wait should be here 1st week in Dec I hope.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:38 PM
dyim will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
Looks great. Is your interior Black or Grey can't tell from photos. I test drove a dealers car and it felt faster than the GTS I tested as well. Gobs of low end torque. It seemed really quiet so sound could be improved for my taste. My S is unloading from the ship right now in RI. Can't wait should be here 1st week in Dec I hope.
I assume you mean a 2014 GTS?

Old 11-25-2014, 08:31 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dyim
I assume you mean a 2014 GTS?
Yes I drove the dealer crazy before and after I ordered. I test drove 2014 Cayenne's with and without PDCC , PTV. S, GTS and Turbo's. Also drove Macan's.
I didn't ask but dealer said your driving everything you might as well try this as he threw me the keys to a itaila 458 and said bring it back in one piece!

I also drove the Cayenne S launch car when it came in. Mine has been released for transport so should be here next week at the latest. I started this process in July.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 PM
dyim will become famous soon enough
Yes I drove the dealer crazy before and after I ordered. I test drove 2014 Cayenne's with and without PDCC , PTV. S, GTS and Turbo's. Also drove Macan's.
I didn't ask but dealer said your driving everything you might as well try this as he threw me the keys to a itaila 458 and said bring it back in one piece!

I also drove the Cayenne S launch car when it came in. Mine has been released for transport so should be here next week at the latest. I started this process in July.
I also test drove a Macan turbo with no A/S and frankly was underwhelmed with all the positive buzz around it regarding its handling. To be fair, my DD is a 991.

What are your thoughts on PDCC and PTV? Did you order them?

I was all set on ordering a highly spec'd GTS for delivery next year but is having second thoughts now since the next gen cayenne might come sooner than I like. (I started a thread on this.)

Old 11-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by dyim
I also test drove a Macan turbo with no A/S and frankly was underwhelmed with all the positive buzz around it regarding its handling. To be fair, my DD is a 991.

What are your thoughts on PDCC and PTV? Did you order them?

I was all set on ordering a highly spec'd GTS for delivery next year but is having second thoughts now since the next gen cayenne might come sooner than I like. (I started a thread on this.)
Yes I ordered Air,PTV and PDCC makes my S a poor mans Turbo.
Last I heard it was released for transport. Has to come from RI to MN.
Should be here next week.
My DD in the summer or really dry clear days in the winter us a 2012 997 S cab.
So I want as high performance as possible from the Cayenne.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 AM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Interior is black.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by riozilla
Interior is black.
Thanks it looks great that is what I ordered. I was thinking of Grey but the wife said Black and since she is the Artist with all the taste and I'm just the Engineer who only cares if it works I always defer to her in such matters.