Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Signed up to Autocross my CTT @ Lime Rock Track in CT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Signed up to Autocross my CTT @ Lime Rock Track in CT

Yep... just signed up to go to an Autocross "open" track event at Lime Rock track in CT on April 9th. Should be wild. Grinning just thinking about my big girl throwing down. Should be blast!

The more peppers, the merrier

Here are the full details:

http://limerock.com/index.php?option...d=25&Itemid=55

*********Update:*********

Full write-up from the event

Pictures

Video..coming shortly

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 04-17-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
If we don't get another 36" of snow, why not, right?

Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Enilder
If we don't get another 36" of snow, why not, right?
LOL... poor pepper. She was out during Hurricane Sandy, during the last 36" snow storm (w/ chains, locked diffs, fully raised, PSM off), and now she is going to an Autocross event for smaller, lighter cars. Talk about the "elephant in the room"

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 03-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
This is awesome! Can't wait to hear the details of the day.

Last edited by Saggio; 03-09-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Now this sounds like a blast !! Take some pictures for the rest of us please

Old 03-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Saggio
This is awesome! Can't wait to here the details of the day.
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Now this sounds like a blast !! Take some pictures for the rest of us please
I will try to get a hold of the new GoPro Hero3 and take video of my runs. I might be able to get a few still shots as well- with help from a friend. Will update this thread after the event.

Here is a Google maps screenshot of their Autocross track. As you can see, this will not be your typical parking lot maze of cones- more like a small track. Should be big HP friendly (somewhat):

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	limerock_autocross.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	218971  

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 03-08-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I will try to get a hold of the new GoPro Hero3 and take video of my runs. I might be able to get a few still shots as well- with help from a friend. Will update this thread after the event.
Awesome and thank you !! Looks like a fun track thats for sure.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
LOL... poor pepper. She was out during Hurricane Sandy, during the last 36" snow storm (w/ chains, locked diffs, fully raised, PSM off), and now she is going to an Autocross event for smaller, lighter cars. Talk about the "elephant in the room"
No regrets. A solid vehicle for all purposes. This is why I LOVE my pepper. Looking forward to the video. You got one of the coolest peppers here! Jealous!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 AM
thegcpu has a spectacular aura aboutthegcpu has a spectacular aura aboutthegcpu has a spectacular aura about
Looks like you're going to have a great time.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I feel bad for the light weight cars out there!
Go get them Kent!!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Very cool...keep us updated!!!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Just ran my diesel through a class today. It was a blast. There was also a 2 month old GTS there as well.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
stormy69 will become famous soon enough
so far away! i did get the go ahead from the local club to run mine tho just not a sweet track like your going to run

Old 03-31-2013, 06:35 PM
mct
mct is on a distinguished road
Will be very interested to see how it goes for you too.

I am going to try my new to me (day 3 today) 2011 Cayenne Turbo at the CVR AutoX in Hartford on April 14th but that course is much shorter than the Lime Rock course which I am told can be great fun.

I was actually on the full track at Lime Rock yesterday in one of NASA's Hyperdrive sessions that they offer to give new drivers a taste of the track at low speed with an instructor in each car to introduce folks to driving on the track. I had great fun practicing the line for the start of my "regular" track season next week in my Cayman S. Did manage to wind the Cayenne up to 110mph on the straight once without really trying very hard as I was not taking the Downhill at anywhere near even my beginning (10 days at Lime Rock last year in my first year) full speed there due to the guy in front.

A fun $50 to get used to the feel of the new car and study the track. Almost like a track walk as our average speed was probably only 50mph and sitting up so much higher gave me a different perspective. I am happy to report that while the corner speeds were low the "truck" didn't feel at all unsettled. If you try this be sure to be the first one in line so you can set the pace a bit.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by stormy69
so far away! i did get the go ahead from the local club to run mine tho just not a sweet track like your going to run
Cool man! More pigs should be allowed on the track in order to keep egos check. I am sure we will both give em a run for their money.

Originally Posted by mct
Will be very interested to see how it goes for you too.

I am going to try my new to me (day 3 today) 2011 Cayenne Turbo at the CVR AutoX in Hartford on April 14th but that course is much shorter than the Lime Rock course which I am told can be great fun.

I was actually on the full track at Lime Rock yesterday in one of NASA's Hyperdrive sessions that they offer to give new drivers a taste of the track at low speed with an instructor in each car to introduce folks to driving on the track. I had great fun practicing the line for the start of my "regular" track season next week in my Cayman S. Did manage to wind the Cayenne up to 110mph on the straight once without really trying very hard as I was not taking the Downhill at anywhere near even my beginning (10 days at Lime Rock last year in my first year) full speed there due to the guy in front.

A fun $50 to get used to the feel of the new car and study the track. Almost like a track walk as our average speed was probably only 50mph and sitting up so much higher gave me a different perspective. I am happy to report that while the corner speeds were low the "truck" didn't feel at all unsettled. If you try this be sure to be the first one in line so you can set the pace a bit.
Awesome - thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you are exploring the very-capable limits of your new car. Unfortunately, most P-car owners (including 911 variants), do not get to experience the sensation of driving the car at 10/tenths on track. I have driven the Cayenne, Carrera (991), Panamera, Boxster, and Panamera on a track. Each one managed to impress me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Signed up to Autocross my CTT @ Lime Rock Track in CT