Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Through TTE, we also offer an OEM turbo upgrade for the Cayenne Turbo. Using an OEM core, the compressor side is CNC machined to suit a larger billet compressor wheel. The hot-side is then ported for increased exhaust flow, and the turbine wheel is back cut to improve choke at high RPM. All components are then VSR balanced throughout the RPM range, to tolerances higher than OEM. We sell these turbos as brand new units for $3,399, but can also overhaul your current turbochargers. Please feel free to contact me for more information on performance or pricing.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:31 PM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
Through TTE, we also offer an OEM turbo upgrade for the Cayenne Turbo. Using an OEM core, the compressor side is CNC machined to suit a larger billet compressor wheel. The hot-side is then ported for increased exhaust flow, and the turbine wheel is back cut to improve choke at high RPM. All components are then VSR balanced throughout the RPM range, to tolerances higher than OEM. We sell these turbos as brand new units for $3,399, but can also overhaul your current turbochargers. Please feel free to contact me for more information on performance or pricing.
PM sent.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 PM
m5james is on a distinguished road
What came of this? I just looked at EVOMS website and saw their asking price of $21k for upgrading, and while it includes lots of parts, that's absurd for vehicles who are selling for close to that price. Minus removing the turbos themselves, upgrading the wheels are easy enough.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:27 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by m5james
What came of this? I just looked at EVOMS website and saw their asking price of $21k for upgrading, and while it includes lots of parts, that's absurd for vehicles who are selling for close to that price. Minus removing the turbos themselves, upgrading the wheels are easy enough.
Evoms kit was released some years ago.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:27 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !

For 955 turbo, there is another company that upgrades the stock turbos, price seems to be around $2000-2500 for the conversion plus shipping to and from Europe if you furnish a pair of working stock turbos. I think this is probably the same thing EVOms does, maybe even thru the same company since there are so few out there which offer this service. I've spent hours researching this over the last month. There isn't much info out there, but its doable for much less than the EVOms price. Im just not sure what the gains are and if its worth the effort.

Another option Ive been researching is if fit the 957 turbos fit to the 955 manifold, or if the whole manifold with turbos is compatible for a swap to a 955.. As long as the exhaust ports match up, fabricating water/oil lines and charge pipes would be relatively simple. If so, then do the 20T upgrade on the 957 turbos like the Panamera crowd has been doing with the same turbos which gives fantastic gains from everything I've read.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
For 955 turbo, there is another company that upgrades the stock turbos, price seems to be around $2000-2500 for the conversion plus shipping to and from Europe if you furnish a pair of working stock turbos. I think this is probably the same thing EVOms does, maybe even thru the same company since there are so few out there which offer this service. I've spent hours researching this over the last month. There isn't much info out there, but its doable for much less than the EVOms price. Im just not sure what the gains are and if its worth the effort.

Another option Ive been researching is if fit the 957 turbos fit to the 955 manifold, or if the whole manifold with turbos is compatible for a swap to a 955.. As long as the exhaust ports match up, fabricating water/oil lines and charge pipes would be relatively simple. If so, then do the 20T upgrade on the 957 turbos like the Panamera crowd has been doing with the same turbos which gives fantastic gains from everything I've read.
EVOMS does not modify the stock turbos for their kit, they use a Garrett turbo and make a custom hotside for it to mate up to the Cayenne exhaust manifold. I believe that may be a custom casting, but I forget/not sure. That would contribute quite a bit to the price of the kit...

I'm interested in hearing more about this 20T upgrade to the 957 turbos.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
We have actually discontinued the kit as shown on the website, and are now using a modified OEM turbo. The technology now exists to produce a reliable upgraded turbo, which was not the case in '07-'08 when these kits were originally developed for the 955 and 957. You lose a little bit of low end responsiveness compared to the ball bearing turbo, but you make up for it with factory reliability and being thousands of dollars cheaper versus the custom turbos, lines, and ducting for the older Garrett setup.

We're running a local 955TTS with this setup right now, redeveloping the tune and validating power numbers. With 110F dyno room temps and 91 octane, it put down 540whp and 630wtq, up from 385whp and 448wtq completely stock in the same conditions. We'll be testing with 91 octane in cooler weather and with 100 octane before making everything official. It was around $21k installed including some miscellaneous other stuff done at the same time, and $4400 in labor.

If anyone is interested in this kit, email me at sstone@evoms.com for more information and pricing or give me a call at 480-317-9911.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 PM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
I stand corrected! Thanks Sam

Old 09-04-2014, 05:09 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Nothing came out of it.

Brand new 957 Turbo with CNC machined compressor to suit a larger billet compressor wheel, and ported turbine for increased exhaust flow for $3,399 was a good deal. I contacted Emmanuele Design, and they were going to look into it and get back to me, but nothing came out of this.

On the other hand, Sam at Evoms was very informative and responsive about their 957 Turbo upgrade that uses stock manifold and stock turbo with upgraded billet compressor wheel and ported turbine. However, the logistics of sending turbos overseas and long downtime, inability to locate any cores in good condition, and loosing some low end spool made this option not feasible for me.

Finally, I decided to make my own design with custom race headers, Garrett GTX2867R billet turbos and Tial SS V-Band turbines, etc. which will hopefully not only meet but exceed my requirements. Making custom oil and water lines, and intake piping is not a big deal. The most difficult part is building custom race headers with external wastegates in tight space.

There is no easy turbo upgrade for Cayenne and Panamera platform.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:57 PM
tmatt is on a distinguished road
turbo upgrade

I have a set I'm working on now

EDIT: Site link removed. Please contact administrator/moderator in regards to posting openly in this forum. As you may already know, as a business, you will be encouraged to setup a vendor account. However, as an enthusiast, feel free to open a new thread if you have a personal Cayenne build that you are working on. Thank you.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 04-30-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:05 AM
amablemiguel will become famous soon enough
Hello guys i'm doing this mods on my 2011 958 Turbo but need some advice first. My engine is going down on Monday for the turbos to be handed to me. Already ordered 100 cell main cats with a couple of O2 simulators (i know that as soon as i get the tune from FVD i won't be needing them, but in the mean time no CEL).

This is the parts list:

-Fabspeed exhaust with catbypass pipes
-Custom Center X pipe
- BMC Air Filter
- 100 Cell FVD Main Catalytic
- 82mm Throttle
- 82mm Stock Turbo S Plenum (In the mean time i'll stick with stock)
- (Have not make my mind on replacing the stock Diverter Valves yet lets see what happens. I was told i can swap them with some nice BOV instead)

I will be ordering a set of TD04HL-20T (47/58 mm) 11+0 Billet Compressor Wheels. If some partners here have some advice on which brand to get them from your suggestions are more than enough. I'm planning on buying them from Kinugawa or ARD.

Also will be ordering a Turbo Repair Kit (MHI TD04 TD04H TD04HL 10T 12T 13T 15T 16T 18T 19T Super back) from either of them (ARD is more expensive than Kinugawa for the same kit). The reason being that if the turbos are getting a new compressor wheel better to replace old gaskets, bearings, etc.

Price from Kinugawa Without Wastegates - $578 for (11 blade GTX 20T billet compressor wheel with Extend Tappered Tip, 2 11-Blade Turbine Wheel, 2 Repair Kit).
Price from ARD without Wastegates - $1,090.30 for (11 blade GTX 20T billet compressor wheel, 2 11-Blade Turbine Wheel, 2 Repair Kit)

Last but now least i need to know if it's necessary to replace the Turbine Wheel or leave it at stock. I read a perfect match would be 20T GTX Compressor and 11 Blade Turbine. Don't know which Wastegate get, ARD offers an adjustable Wastegate which allows me to increase pressure up to 10 psi to hold boost and keep boost fade from occurring at higher RPMs. The highest registered PSI on the dashboard is 14psi (NOTE GUYS i was told by the porsche tech which is a good friend of mine that 14psi is 14/2 = 7psi PER TURBO. I went on and googled our turbos and the max psi is between 20-23psi if i stand correct. FVD told me the could set me on 18psi but i had a doubt since they never replied back, 18psi PER TURBO, cause it would be silly to just get 2psi increase from what i already have. So this is where i'm still stuck and maintenance is coming on monday so i have to be quick on getting the parts ready.

Hope you guys can give me a hand.

The beast is doing at the moment 13.2 the 1/4 mile. I was told by a friend who races and drove my Cayenne at the track that if i do all the planned mods i could be hitting lower 11's and who knows upper 10's with 100 octane. But while i do this and later get the DME upgrade from FVD i think i'll be doing close to mid 12, i don't know. =D

Last edited by amablemiguel; 10-15-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:08 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Good luck sir ! Dont forget to update

Old 10-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Good luck sir ! Dont forget to update
Will do!... I'm also thinking on later when the parts arrive and i get the CTT to the dealer, send some picture for you guys of the engine when is lowered, that way i can contribute on more close up images of engine parts and possible future upgrades anyone else may want to do.

I'm pretty excited to have my hand around those turbos.

Last edited by amablemiguel; 10-16-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:08 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

sick!!!!

Old 10-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Need some advice, received some bad news from FVD

Ok guys here is a little set back. I Talked to FVD and gave them the mod list for the engineers back in Germany to calculate for this mods on their Piggy Back unit. The answer, that there is nothing they can do about it. This is either a way to have me buy their turbos or it's either true. I went researching AGAIN and looking deeply on their specs they say:

- New, lightened and larger billet compressor wheel with state of the art “extended tip”. ( 46.5 mm inducer).

Now if you guys look further, the 46.5mm diameter of this Billet Compressor Wheel corresponds to the 19T. Also they do not mention the use of a different Turbine wheel (11 blade or 9 blade). Someone here said that it's possible to use the 20T to get over 750+HP.

So the question for you guys is, could i've been told that they can't help me with the software because of the 20T compressor i told them i have on the list? or is it really a marketing stuff to have me buy the whole turbos from them?

If they did not change the turbine side, do you guys recommend changing it anyway? i'm interested in the 9 blade design because of the increase exhaust gas exit which gives more power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade