Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:30 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Smile Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade

Finally I ''completed'' my Cayenne project . I have downpipes, secondarycats, xpipe, dual mufflers , diverter valve,ipd plenum and a custom tune.

The car now is a beast and I was wondering what can I do more.After reading some information I come up with upgrated turbocharger compresor wheel.
Cayenne has mitsubishi td04-18 turbocharger , which , the compresor wheel can be upgrated just like evoms, techart and fvd does.
after searching I come up with scrollproduct which looks fine and says can completly rebuild the turbocharger and change compresor wheel for more flow.

I send them an email with random common questions like price, if I need an ecu tune after it and if they can send the compresor wheel and build it myself because there is no way I am taking my turbocharger and sending them to a stranger to someone at the other part of the world. Here is the silly/rude response I got :

If you have a friend that can rebuild turbos why not ask him? Do you seriously think we would sell you the components and not charge for the complete project?

Better yet we send you the components and your turbo friend will copy our work, does that make business sense to you?

Typically we get silly questions like this from Volkswagen customers that have no money. You own a Porsche not a Volkswagen and if you cant afford the Porsche toys maybe its time to get a VW.

Thank you,
Sean

than I come up with this interesting page which can actually ship the compresor wheel : http://gpopshop.com/rebuild-kitsmitsubishi-rebuild-kits/

it has the option to select the superback compresor wheel which we have and upgraded 360 degree thrust bearing/step gas piston ring which sound cool and all for like 300$ excluding labour which should be around 1000$ or more at porsche shop

What do you guys think ?

Old 05-29-2014, 03:01 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Also found also this http://www.ardideas.com/Billet-Aluminum-Compressor-Wheel--TD04HL-18T_p_103.html

Practicly it says it a replacement for stock td04-18t from 6+6 wheel to 11 blade wheel .. The problem is that the full name of our turbo is TD04HL-18T-11.0 which may suggest its a 11 blade compressor wheel ..

So next option is the convertion they have to put 19T wheel to a 18t

http://www.ardideas.com/Billet-Aluminum-Compressor-Wheel--TD04HL-19T-Conversion--BACKORDER_p_121.html

Last edited by porschecayenne92; 05-29-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:33 PM
BamaScoot is on a distinguished road
I wonder what Sean's manager would think of that response and how appreciative he'd be of you bringing it to his attention and what type of deal he may give you to show that appreciation...

Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by BamaScoot
I wonder what Sean's manager would think of that response and how appreciative he'd be of you bringing it to his attention and what type of deal he may give you to show that appreciation...
No need to ! They can keep it and bankrupt .This boys from ardideas directly responded to my email (can ship the parts) and give me the option of upgrading our td04-18t compresor wheel to the gtx 11blade (from 6+6) or upgrade it to 19t , in which he sells the compresor wheel and housing to upgrade from 18t to 19t ....

Bigger turbo will mean also worse lagg (I have literally no lagg now ) but will push 700-750hp no problem .

Also the tiptronic tcu can be remaped from a friend to increase rpm to 7000 that 200r spool will give 1.15-1.30of total boost ..and quicker shifting . That would transform my cayenne to one of the fastest in the world .
I wonder what Kent 957 with 3inch exhaust,3 inch plenum and methanol and these 19T could do o.O

Last edited by porschecayenne92; 05-30-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:20 AM
Also found out on a subaru forum that td04 max out at 1.15 bar at 275-300whp for turbo and additional 15-25whp with hybrids/19T upgrade

Old 05-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Steve.zdravko is on a distinguished road
Its guys like Sean that are jealous of people who work hard for there porsches and have stupid comments saying buy a VW.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:21 AM
Good news , Found out today that panamera turbo has same turbochargers with cayenne turbo 957 and 958. And can be easly upgraded to 19t with 700$ parts + labour .19T are good up to 800hp+ . But fvd for example charge 10k o.O ? so with an agency racing 3 inch ypipe, full fabspeed exhaust , diverter valve , tune and upgrated turbos you can easly build a 700-740 hp panamera for less than 10k vs 20-25k tuners want.And in the future dodson new pdk clutch can be used .

Old 05-31-2014, 11:08 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Seems like the volvo guys like the tdo4. I wasnt able to find any hard data on the combo with the 19t comp wheel. I think you can have a 20t wheel as well. Kamak makes some billet wheels and stuff with good internet feedback. Some internet people say that the tdo4 is super torquey but falls quickly and upgrading the comp wheel makes them prone to surge. Several vendors offer an iconel 9 blade turbine wheel which may help out up top but again, I couldnt find any comp maps or hard data on a 20/9 combo. Another thing to consider is the a/r of the turb. housing. Im not sure about the CTT td04 but the IhI rf5h on the first gen is something like .25 which is tiny but helps spool. Based on my research I dont think you will be able to get more than 350hp out of the Td04 hybrid.

The CTT V8's have very good volumetric efficienciency and if you want to spin to 7k your going to need a capable turbo for sure. I see a lot of guys get excited about these cars but I can tell you that about 700 is going to be the sweet spot without doing real turbos and custom manifolds, fuel system, injectors, Maf meters, internals and intercooling better than what is currently offered off the shelf.

Im doing a full build engine build and the works on my 04 using probably efr 7163 turbos and shooting for 800-850 @ 18psi on pump gas and 9:1 compression. Im hoping to have the first Cayenne with over 1k hp. We will see what Protomotive can do with the tuning.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Dont want to get in so much trouble just do what fvd and others does .. Just as a hobby !
So , does anyone know what compresor wheel does your td04hl-18t have ? 6+6 ? If its a 6+6 than 11gtx blade can be installed easily .

Anyway I hope you succeced with you 1k cayenne

Last edited by porschecayenne92; 06-01-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:51 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
I'm also very interested in upgrading my stock 957 turbos. As far as I know, 957 and 958 use the same turbos with Panamera. Some tuners offer billet comp wheel upgrade to these turbos as you have mentioned for high $$$.

Do the tuners only upgrade the comp wheel? Do they provide any upgrade to the turbine side? Are you going to do the turbo upgrade? If so, let me know.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:54 AM
I suggest to upgrade to 20t the parts include everything you need , housing for 20t compresor wheel everything !
Just check the link I posted . Olso I suggest to find a cery good tuner with dyno to limit the torque and also you will need also i intercooler upgrade or methanol injection kit

Old 06-19-2014, 09:24 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
I suggest to upgrade to 20t the parts include everything you need , housing for 20t compresor wheel everything !
Just check the link I posted . Olso I suggest to find a cery good tuner with dyno to limit the torque and also you will need also i intercooler upgrade or methanol injection kit
Have you analyzed the turbo map with the 20t? Would it be a little laggy with 20t or would it choke up around 7k rpm?

Intercooler upgrade and dyno tune could be easily done. One thing about the very popular methanol injection, check your turbo comp wheels after 10k with methanol and see how it messes up the material properties.

Do you send in your stock 957 turbos to this ARD Tuning and receive back ready to bolt on upgraded turbos? Do they upgrade the comp to 20t, machine the housing, do balancing and rebuilt of the turbos, etc?

Have you made up your mind on doing the 20t upgrade through this company? I may join you if I'm convinced the end product would be equal or better than the fvd turbos.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:51 AM
I am not sure about it anymory . My cayenne is very fast now and I want to move in another car now since I have it for 3 years .
I am straight cat and I dont have any lagg at all . But I dont think its turbo lagg , its more like lazy tiptronic .
You can buy the upgrades from them or send them your turbos thay will take care of everything . I havent figure out what tune , but I think a proffesional tuner one on dyno can do it !

The best setup would be : upgrated intercooler , a secondary radiator , a 3 inch straight exhaust (he have 2.7 I think ) , td04-20t turbo conversion or 19T(I think 19t will be good up to 750hp) , 3 inch ypipe , cold air intake (only if you use methanol (I have temperature problems with it)and a tune . It should be a monster

I only have downpipes , seconday cat , xpipe , dual muffler , forge diverter valves , plenum , cold air intake and a custom tune and I can say you that I scare myself sometimes at night when intake suck fresh cold air it feels as fast a gallardo or a california

The only problem I have is heat .. One day turbos didnt spool and went in limp mode (error codes say turbo and radiator cool down) also when my tuner did some test with the intake at a hot day it read like 37-40 degree on the intake and 27 in the intercooler

Old 06-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Also I forgot to mention that when someone asked fvd about their 700hp+ turbos they said its 20T .. They have 2 options 650 and 700 hp upgrade so 700 is 20t and 650hp is 19t..

Also someone made more than 780hp with a panamera turbo with those turbos and was forced to detune it

Old 06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
One thing about the very popular methanol injection, check your turbo comp wheels after 10k with methanol and see how it messes up the material properties.
You can always inject post-compressor. The intake plenum (Y-piece) is a good location.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade