Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 09:49 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Looks like pretty good work but also a LOT of work that is not being utilized without a tune. Nice work so far!!

I was wondering why you haven't opened up the intake though? Seems like you could gain a little with a custom intake to improve airflow. With increased boost you could be pushing more air in there.

Is that a wrap on your car? I like the color.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amablemiguel
Sadly I couldn't. Anyone with a 958 Turbo will not get more than 60-70 extra HP on a bench tuning or a piggy back. Until now no one has cracked the encryption on the Continental SDI8 ECU.

The CTT is running pretty fast compared to before. I haven't dyno tested it again. Last time on just filter, cat bypass and exhaust I managed 403 to the wheels. I think I might be around 430-440 on 100oct maybe I don't know.

I got a contact on a guy that can do the ECU, by installing a reprogrammable ECU and making the stock one SLAVE. That would require also a re wiring and maybe some new more powerful injectors. The problem is, he's asking for $3,000 LMFAO!!. But hey might not sound so crazy for 200HP+ right. He said I can achieve that and with 100 or 109 Oct pretty sure can put me on the lower 11's 1/4 mile LOL.

I'll maybe have a switch to turn that ECU on and off for street use and when I need the power just pump it up. He also told me I will have to live with the Check Engine line being ON because that on modded cars is normal.
We have done big turbos on the 957TT and saw tremendous gains when combined with our software. The SDI8 958TT ECU acts like the SDI3/4 ECU that is in the 957. We are currently offering OBD port tuning for this SDI8 platform with an end user flashing tool. We are finishing up tuning on a stock turbo 958TT now and once that is completed, I can look at incorporating our big turbo file into the 958TT ECU. I can most likely tune it without any CEL and for a lot less that $3000 :-)

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 03-10-2016, 08:51 AM
amablemiguel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Looks like pretty good work but also a LOT of work that is not being utilized without a tune. Nice work so far!! I was wondering why you haven't opened up the intake though? Seems like you could gain a little with a custom intake to improve airflow. With increased boost you could be pushing more air in there. Is that a wrap on your car? I like the color.
Hi JDUBBYA, yes on the intake side is what i'm going to work in a couple of days, but this will be on making a Custom 3" intake pipes like Renaissance.Man did and a custom LARGE intercooler in the center section of the front bumper to manage all this. Overall that will through 200% or more cooler air than the stock units, you make the math. I will leave in place the stock intercooler so each corner doesn't look empty. I talked to my porsche tech and we might LOWER the engiene again this time to shave the engine head. They as tech have the know how. The cayenne turbo s has this different from factory. That's also how they achieve more power. And of course yes it's a Wrap, 3M Matte Chrome Blue with custom detailings to make it stand out here and there. Will post the pictures as soon as i get home. Sadly i'm switching to Red Chrome since i already have 10 months with this one and i got tired of it

Last edited by amablemiguel; 03-10-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
We have done big turbos on the 957TT and saw tremendous gains when combined with our software. The SDI8 958TT ECU acts like the SDI3/4 ECU that is in the 957. We are currently offering OBD port tuning for this SDI8 platform with an end user flashing tool. We are finishing up tuning on a stock turbo 958TT now and once that is completed, I can look at incorporating our big turbo file into the 958TT ECU. I can most likely tune it without any CEL and for a lot less that $3000 :-)
HOLY JEEZ here it is, that's why you have to ask the PRO's. Thanks EvoMS finally i can sit and relax. I think i don't have to explain all my mods since you might have seen them a couple of posts back. Yeah with all i have done i can say i'm running harder than a Turbo S, confirmed. But i truly need at least 200 more HP since i know it's possible. I'm not interest in HP MY GOAL HERE IS TO BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE 800ft/lb TORQUE or 1,000 NM. My turbos where reworked and also the Wastegates side to handle at least 1.5psi which this engine is capable of handling. I know that if you can help me achieve this i can run 10 tops on the 1/4 mile on 4 slick tires and 100+ octane (I was told by a couple of local track racers which also constantly told me to use slick tires because 800 fl/lb will make all 4 wheels spin in).

Let's say i'm aroung what, 550-560HP at the moment, what if i can achieve 150-200hp on the tuning side? That's more than enough. FVD told me they could give me 1,000NM but after knowing my mods and my Cayenne model they said they can only do piggy back (50-70HP) because there is no way to flash SDI8.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN DONE. I NEED THIS ASAP!!!

Please keep me informed. Thank you.

Last edited by amablemiguel; 03-10-2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
HOLY JEEZ here it is, that's why you have to ask the PRO's. Thanks EvoMS finally i can sit and relax. I think i don't have to explain all my mods since you might have seen them a couple of posts back. Yeah with all i have done i can say i'm running harder than a Turbo S, confirmed. But i truly need at least 200 more HP since i know it's possible. I'm not interest in HP MY GOAL HERE IS TO BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE 800ft/lb TORQUE or 1,000 NM. My turbos where reworked and also the Wastegates side to handle at least 1.5psi which this engine is capable of handling. I know that if you can help me achieve this i can run 10 tops on the 1/4 mile on 4 slick tires and 100+ octane (I was told by a couple of local track racers which also constantly told me to use slick tires because 800 fl/lb will make all 4 wheels spin in).

Let's say i'm aroung what, 550-560HP at the moment, what if i can achieve 150-200hp on the tuning side? That's more than enough. FVD told me they could give me 1,000NM but after knowing my mods and my Cayenne model they said they can only do piggy back (50-70HP) because there is no way to flash SDI8.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN DONE. I NEED THIS ASAP!!!

Please keep me informed. Thank you.

Right now you are limited by the internal TQ calculation of the ECU. I will get you more details ASAP. I need another week to get the standard 958TT tuning sorted with our end user OBD port flashing tool then I can work on a big turbo file. Achieving your power goals seems very realistic.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Right now you are limited by the internal TQ calculation of the ECU. I will get you more details ASAP. I need another week to get the standard 958TT tuning sorted with our end user OBD port flashing tool then I can work on a big turbo file. Achieving your power goals seems very realistic.
I have a smile on my face bigger than my Cayenne right now 😂. Keep me posted I'll be your first test mule if you wish. Just let me know to send you my ECU and immediate payment.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
I have a smile on my face bigger than my Cayenne right now 😂. Keep me posted I'll be your first test mule if you wish. Just let me know to send you my ECU and immediate payment.

Sounds good. Also, you don't need to send me your ECU. I will send you an OBD port programming tool that will allow you to upload my files directly. You can also datalog it and we can make changes remotely :-)

Old 03-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Sounds good. Also, you don't need to send me your ECU. I will send you an OBD port programming tool that will allow you to upload my files directly. You can also datalog it and we can make changes remotely :-)
PERFECT!! Now you have a test mule and even better which is modded you'll be able to get more data on behavior for other stock 958TT. Count on me, I'm at your service guys.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Also I have a dyno here to even get the bests ccurate data so you remotely can modify the files.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:55 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Also I have a dyno here to even get the bests ccurate data so you remotely can modify the files.
This is amazing bro , cant wait to see what will you put down . I have high expectation for your car because those 20T have been puting 720hp in the panameras while limiting the initial torque at 950nm@2500rpm . The tiptronic will handle more and still you have room to grow with bigger y-pipe and intercoolers .Also thank you for the throttle body information

Old 03-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
This is amazing bro , cant wait to see what will you put down . I have high expectation for your car because those 20T have been puting 720hp in the panameras while limiting the initial torque at 950nm@2500rpm . The tiptronic will handle more and still you have room to grow with bigger y-pipe and intercoolers .Also thank you for the throttle body information
That's why i'm so excited about this BIG NEWS that EvoMs is posting. About 720hp that is exactly what i was explaining. I think we can push maybe 750hp but again i'm not focused on HP my main goal is 800 ft/lb of torque which is A LOT!!!.

About the throttle body info, no problem, anything i can help you with let me know. That's why we are here, to share our knowledge.

I just came from the shop of the person that can do the custom piping for the intercooler up to the throttle body but he's out. Will have to go tomorrow. I'll try and figure out the spacing since i think 3" won't fit because of an issue on the upper part where space is narrow. By measuring i think we can go with 2.75". Again it's better to let the expert measure and find a way. 3" piping will through a lot of cool air in. The main fan draws a huge amount of air even at idle and just imagine the intercooler up in front.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Possible Custom Intercooler Designs (All Depends On Space)

Piping will be 2.75 - 3 Inches in diameter up to a Custom 3" Y-Pipe that will connect to the 82mm Throttle Body.

Last edited by amablemiguel; 03-10-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:02 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
According to the calculation of the air requirement for the bigger throttle body or even stock 82mm everything bigger than 2.5inch will be just fine and 2.75 is perfect if you ask me because I think 3inch might be a little big for air speed . Check the ''cayenne custom 2.75 inch y-pipe''thread , will give your builder a very good idea how to build it

Old 03-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Dont complicate stuff , keep the intercoolers in their original place . If you decide to upgrade them , you have to find good cores first , because quality overcomes size in the intercooler. The stock intercoolers in the panamera are small 2.5 inch but are build from cf , a very nice company .

Old 03-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Dont complicate stuff , keep the intercoolers in their original place . If you decide to upgrade them , you have to find good cores first , because quality overcomes size in the intercooler. The stock intercoolers in the panamera are small 2.5 inch but are build from cf , a very nice company .
Well i'll keep it on 2.75". That's what we are after, good cores. Do you have the complete name on the cf company?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne TT 957 Turbocharger upgrade