Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

PIWIS Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 04:54 AM
Tuscani66 is on a distinguished road
PIWIS Info

Okay, though my 2nd post not new to FORUMs in general... I did a search.

Came up with 2 results, 1 was a lower kit bought from eBay and other was someone saying that they need a real PIWIS or DuraMetric one to read codes, not the generic.

My question is, found this eBay PIWIS kit (but cheaper through NewEgg.com) but in the 'compatibility notes' it list 955 not 957, safe to assume that it'll work with my 957?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141652033427?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I am a new owner to 2008 CTT but check engine light came on the other day, generic reader shows two codes : P0455 (EVAP Emission Leak Detected) and P2404 (EVAP Emission Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit). So I need to read the 'real' codes before going to the Dealer again.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Keoni.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Do yourself and favor and do not throw away your money on a Durametric knock off. Spend the approx $200 on a Durametric or get a DME (ECU) performance tune that includes a FREE Durametric cable with it.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:25 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tuscani66
Okay, though my 2nd post not new to FORUMs in general... I did a search.

Came up with 2 results, 1 was a lower kit bought from eBay and other was someone saying that they need a real PIWIS or DuraMetric one to read codes, not the generic.

My question is, found this eBay PIWIS kit (but cheaper through NewEgg.com) but in the 'compatibility notes' it list 955 not 957, safe to assume that it'll work with my 957?
New Porsche Piwis Communicate Interface Cable OBD2 Diagnostic Cable | eBay

I am a new owner to 2008 CTT but check engine light came on the other day, generic reader shows two codes : P0455 (EVAP Emission Leak Detected) and P2404 (EVAP Emission Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit). So I need to read the 'real' codes before going to the Dealer again.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Keoni.
I've never seen the one you listed. It seems kind of vague in what it will do. I second Kent's comment above, just buy the Durametric. Or as he mentioned if you plan on getting a tune like Softronic it comes with a Durametric cable.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
The knock-off Durametrics on ebay are the older gen cables that only work with older versions of Durametric software.
It only works on the 955 and not the 957.
Get the real thing - you get what you pay for !!!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Tuscani66 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys - the generic code I get consistently are:
P0455 - EVAP Emission System Leak (LARGE LEAK)
P2404 - EVAP Emission System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit Range/Performance

I will buy the Durametric Cable, I intend to get a tune but need to get the car to a "Stage 0" so to speak, clean slate, prior to any upgrades.

Using DashCommand is how I got the 2 codes listed above, because it mentioned large leak I'm guessing either the Purge Cannister EVAP is bad or gas cap; also I know as I know I need to get 'real' codes it does give me an idea.

Doing a search on Pelican website, I can not locate the Purge Valve EVAP part number for the 957, only results come up with 955, does anyone know what the part number is? I'd like to be ready to order the parts (already ordered replacement gas cap though I think my original looks fine).

Anything else I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:14 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully the gas cap will fix it for you. I had a similar issue and a new cap fixed it. If not this might show what you are looking for? http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=201-20

Oh, and what you may have been seeing on Pelican parts is a part that will fit your car but Porsche parts are numbered starting with the first application of that part. So you will see parts that fit the 957 that start with 955... because they were first used on the 955 and then carried over to the 957. I think I've even seen a couple 928 part numbers for a Cayenne. Odd system but it seems to work for Porsche.

Last edited by jdubbya; 05-19-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tuscani66
My question is, found this eBay PIWIS kit
hi
remember, on my photo - PIWIS (first series, one and only), that you find is chinese crap, in not costs ANY money at all

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1424876225821.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	420703  
Old 04-20-2018, 09:08 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Maybe somebody can advice is there any way using PIWIS or even aftermarket scanner to see how many times Launch Control was in use on particular Porsche car ?

Old 05-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by negb
Maybe somebody can advice is there any way using PIWIS or even aftermarket scanner to see how many times Launch Control was in use on particular Porsche car ?
Im sure PIWIS can.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Im sure PIWIS can.
Got PIWIS diagnostic 200+ pages from dealer and can't find it .....

Old 05-06-2018, 06:21 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think Porsche keeps tabs on launch control. The Nissan GTR does though.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Update: been told that it depends on model year, like for exsample '12 might have this posibility and might not

Old 05-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by negb
Update: been told that it depends on model year, like for exsample '12 might have this posibility and might not
Just to clarify, I dont know for sure. I have a genuine PIWIS 1 but havent been in models other than the Cayenne much. The dealer is on PIWIS 3 now but I know that 2 with developer mode wil do literally anything including writing new code. I would venture to guess it is possible. I think what would be more valuable is over rev ranges info.