Jdubbya's '05 CTT mods and fixes - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Jdubbya's '05 CTT mods and fixes

Old 02-17-2015, 01:51 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Figured I would update this as it's been awhile. Let's see what we have done since my last post.

Changed fluid in the diffs and transfer case. Pretty easy job especially if you have a pump to get the new fluid in.

Made and used a couple different version boost leak testers. Found I had at least a couple leaks and ordered new hoses, O rings, and seals. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...questions.html

Replaced the lower boost hoses. Replace the O rings at the intercooler inlets and outlets, the MAF sensor fitting, and the seals at the turbo outlets.

Put K&N filters in.

Installed the P3Cars VIDI gauge ... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-p3-vidi.html

Replaced the battery, not really by choice.

LED license plate lights from ECS. http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...ing/ES2593790/

Put on winter tires. Ended up with these... http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...860&vid=008540
They seem to be doing pretty well although, as luck would have it, we are having one of the warmest winters I can remember out here in the Northwest.

And probably a few more items I'm not remembering right now. I have a power steering pump and hoses on the way so will be tackling that project before long. Fun!?

Old 02-23-2015, 05:46 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Jesus H, what now. Since replacing the hoses and o-rings the car has been doing pretty well until yesterday. Now it won't go over about 5lbs of boost. I'm getting awful frustrated but I know I haven't gotten all the vacuum lines either.

If it ain't one thing it's another I guess.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Well I still have to find the rest of these leaks. Dyno'ed my CTT today and ended up at only 367awhp and 385tq. Disappointed as I'm sure I should be getting better numbers than that. DGreen ran his 957 with just about all the same mods as mine and he was about 100hp+ compared to mine.

I figured I would be around or just north of 400 somewhere. More work to do I guess.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:15 AM
Well my Cayenne fun-ride is probably over. A dude tried making a right turn..... from the left-hand lane....directly in front of me doing about 35mph. Basically T-boned him right between the front and back door. My front wheels no longer point in the same direction and most of the left front corner is crushed. I seriously doubt insurance is going to want to repair it with the suspension and possible drive-train damage. We'll see though as I work things out over the next however long it takes.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Well it looks like the insurance is gonna total out my Cayenne. Interesting part is they are offering to let me buy it back for a pretty reasonable price. Not sure I want to fix it, but I could pretty easily make a lot more than what they want for it by parting out some of the big ticket items and then selling the hulk for scrap. Not sure I want to take on the work though and hassle of listing and potentially shipping bigger items. I'll have to think about it. Unless somebody here wants it, contact me and maybe we can work out a quick deal.