Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashcam options, opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Joanna Woo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by deilenberger

The other caution - when installing the fuse adaptor that comes with the kit -- put the end without the wire attached into the silver side of the fuse opening.

DO NOT PUT the wire side of the fuse adaptor there! You would end up with an unfused circuit by doing that. That is a bad thing.

The final caution - the hybrid has a high-voltage/high-current circuit for the electric motor/battery drive. As far as I know - none of that goes to the dash-end fuseboxes, but if you're uncertain - taking it to a dealer after putting the camera in place and running the wire down to the fusebox might not be a bad idea. I believe all the high-voltage/current circuits are clearly marked with DANGER symbols - since the voltage and current they carry is lethal.

Well - maybe..
What do you mean by the wire side of the adaptor, isn't it the same for the prongs?

Old 04-09-2017, 07:00 AM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Joanna Woo
What do you mean by the wire side of the adaptor, isn't it the same for the prongs?
He meant plug in the fuse so that the wire is away from the side where you get voltage.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:35 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
In the photo you posted - the wire side would be to the left - where the wire exits the fuse adaptor. You want the other prong to make contact with the silver contact in the fuse box.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Still not sure about the side of wire thing, since all the slots are vertical.

Are you saying if the wire side should go up or go down?

Old 04-09-2017, 07:14 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Joanna - I have no idea. I get the feeling you're not fully listening. I was very specific - if you LOOK into the empty slot, only one half of it will have a silver connector in it. Have you looked?

When you do - you want the wire side (which you have DOWN in the above photo) AWAY from that silver connector. The connector is the power feed. If you install it the wrong way, the fuse will not be in the circuit and you will be running the thing unfused.

That can get interesting if there is a short. Best case - a main fuse will blow before anything catches fire.

There are sometimes reasons to seek professional help.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Joanna,

Please take a picture into the slot with the fuses unplugged. We can tell that way.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Thank you for explaining. I finally got it! Sorry if I sounded stupid, wasn't sure what I was looking for. It makes sense now.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by Joanna Woo
Thank you for explaining. I finally got it! Sorry if I sounded stupid, wasn't sure what I was looking for. It makes sense now.
We are happy that you got it figured out.