2014 Cayenne S Hybrid BEEN IN DEALER FOR OVER A MONTH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 02:22 PM
jp.n18 is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 Cayenne S Hybrid BEEN IN DEALER FOR OVER A MONTH

Hey! I just got a 2014 Cayenne S Hybrid around November and after I bought it, there was a clunking noise whenever it changed from electric to gas. We went to Porsche service and they said that I needed to replace the clutch actuator. I was like okay, because I was under factory warranty. (i have full warranty btw) and it started making the clunking noise again after a few days the actuator was replaced and I went back to the service center to check it out and they said that it’s a normal sound but that my car’s a bit louder than others!!! On a $85000 new tag price, I DONT THINK THIS MAKES SENSE AT ALL. So I told them that it is definitely not normal at all and they said they would check it out again. And a few days passed, they tell me that I need to pay for a 1 hour diagnostics fee of $180 to do further investigation on the car. I do not know what they were doing during that time they had the car, but anyways, I agreed to do it, so they do the diagnostics. I had to pay for the diagnostics because by factory warranty ended December and now Redshield covers all the warranty for me now. They tell me that they found out where the clunking noise is coming from, but cannot find the solution to actually fixing it. Turns out, the noise is coming from the same place, the clutch actuator. They told me that they will contact the North America Porsche Engineers and let me know. Few days pass again I get a call telling me that the engineers told them to bleed the actuator, and they try that, but apparently the noise got even louder... They told me they have contacted the Porsche of North America again for further instructions. Few days ago, they tried another method provided by Porsche of North America which was to recalibrate the clutch. They said that this method did not work either. The service center I go to takes so long to call me back, and sometimes, don't even call me back even after they tell me they will. So I'm pretty annoyed at the moment, and I am not really sure what to do. The car's been in the service center for over a month, and their service is taking really long. If you guys have any ideas on what I could do, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Thank you very much. Also, I did not get paid the diagnostics fee yet, and they said we'll pay for it once they can actually fix something. I also heard that in California, there is a law where when a car goes in for service and doesn't come out for a month, they need to give the customer a new car, but I was wondering if there is that kind of law in Virginia too, and if it only applies to new purchased cars. PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!

Old 03-04-2019, 03:45 AM
V12TT Merc is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow I just bought a 2012 with 76k miles on it, this is definitely alarming. Please let us know how you make out... How many miles on your hybrid & any other areas of concern?