Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

The Don't Post Your Work To Gain Exposure Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Let's leave this thread be and focus on detailing. I'm not sorry for what i did, or you would have heard it by now. I'm not heartbroken, upset, sad, etc. I knew what I was getting myself into before hitting the post button. Time will tell if this thread was called for.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:21 PM
DetailingGurus is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Wow... just wow.

Mods, please delete my account entirely. I will not be needing it.

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Let's leave this thread be and focus on detailing. I'm not sorry for what i did, or you would have heard it by now. I'm not heartbroken, upset, sad, etc. I knew what I was getting myself into before hitting the post button. Time will tell if this thread was called for.
Moe,

You dont get to start a thread calling a bunch of members out and then say "Oh, lets leave this thread be". Picking a fight and walking away...

I used to post my details here and there (always with Phil's knowledge) and knew for a fact that even by only posting the products I used, people were gaining knowledge about how a certain wax or sealant may look on their car's color.

Did you see Phil *****ing and moaning when you were here (without paying a cent) PM-ing members with offers of products, water ionization systems, etc? No, you did not.

Is it obvious to see that you didnt make this thread "for the good of the forum"? Of course it is! Clearly you want people to swing from your nuts and gawk at what you can do...

Do I think not posting your business name, phone number, etc is a good rule? Yes..thats fair for the non-paying members. However, trying to limit who posts their details and pictures is downright childish and pathetic.

Ive been here FAR longer than any of the detailing sponsors and although I dont pay to be a sponsor, my allegiance to this forum has clearly stood the test of time. I am here to share and learn..you better believe I will continue to post my noteworthy details.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Imaj is on a distinguished road
I would love to see the PM that Phil sent to Moe, when Moe started this thread .

Phil doing the wise thing here and staying out of this. Good thing too. Now you have my business as well as many others I am sure of it.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:45 PM
ChrisNJ is on a distinguished road
95Rogue, I think you pretty much nailed it there.

Originally Posted by Imaj
I would love to see the PM that Phil sent to Moe, when Moe started this thread .

Phil doing the wise thing here and staying out of this. Good thing too. Now you have my business as well as many others I am sure of it.
Agreed. I think Phil did the right thing and picks up a few customers by staying quiet here.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
djomlas is on a distinguished road
hmmmm, just go to autopia site and post all you want.
i dont see the big deal really, i dont even look at the names of people who did it, or what they charge, but i manily click to see the beautiful cars fixed up the right way, and sometimes to see how the owners of the car either neglect them or use them the right way to get them that beat up.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
pjalexandre is on a distinguished road
Wow, this is honestly the most assinine Thread that I have ever read. So when I finish detailing my car I guess I had better not put up a post showing my proud work and the products that I used? I am just a regular user with a car..don't want anyone to think I am trying to launch a detailing bus on the side or anything... sheesh. Grow up.

Sponsors or not, they were not selling any product.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Wow I just got done reading this thread. I think Moe makes some very good points and to me using your business name as your screen name should be stopped. I mean our locations are indicated in the attirbute bar and it's easy to see for potential customers.
I don't know Moe personally or his intentions for posting this thread. I do however know Phil and have known him for years. We speak often and I personally know how much is taken into consideration each time he chooses to sponsor a forum. It's not cheap... I think certain obvious rules and ethics should be observed when posting up. If it's a obvious thread to try and sell services or products then I think the poster will know. AND>>> if they get a offer of business from a thread I think they SHOULD become a forum sponsor.

MY 0.02 as I see it...

Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
wow..i can't believe I have missed this thread.

Closing it for now..then determining who to ban because clearly you cannot promote business here if you are not a sponsor.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Any member who is in the detailing business and is drumming up a name or business for themselves by posting here must be a sponsor or we are not going to allow it.

It's not fair to the paying sponsors. This is not a debate. Any members who wish to sponsor the site can contact me or on of the other Admin or Moderators.