Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Best products/procedures for Ventureshield Maintenance??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:42 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Best products/procedures for Ventureshield Maintenance??

Moe and Phil have set me up with all sorts of great new products for my car. I forgot to ask if I should have anything different for the wash and weekly detailing on the parts of the car that will have Ventureshield on it? What are the best products and procedures for proper VS care please? Thanks.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Use RejEx to protect the VS. I would clay it every 3 month using a mild clay like Sonus Extra Fine and then apply the rejex. You should be using rejex every 2 months or so depending on your environment.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I treat it the exec same as the paint. Same polish & clay. I do turn down the buffer speed.

The hardest part is when a little polish/wax builds up on the lines between the paint & clear bra.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:47 PM
rokstdy1 is on a distinguished road
Different Paint Protection Films have different properties. For Venture Shield, there should be no need to use rotary equipment. In fact your warranty/care directions specifically state that you should not use abrasives(which may include some Clay bars), and rotary equipment.

Plexus is the Manufacturers recommended cleaner / polish and works well. I know others have used Rejex and have reported good results.

Moe, has the longterm use of Rejex on VS proven consistent? I think its a great way to go but haven't heard if it affects the clarity on lighter colored cars over time. Any thoughts?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
My car is white, so keeping the clarity and no yellowing will be important. What is plexus (wash or wax?). Where do I get it? My plan is to do my own weekly maintenance detail on my car, and every three months have Grouse (Aaron of 3Gl) come do a full detail (clay, wax, etc.). Do I use the plexus for normal weekly maintenance? thanks for your help.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Hey Greta, I recommend you keep the clear mask waxed with a non-abrasive wax. Plexus is great for everyday maintenance, as it is an anti-static spray-wax. Keep in mind that Ventureshield film DOES NOT YELLOW. The adhesive is what can yellow, and nothing helps it keep it's shine and clarity better than a good handwax. What Rokstdy1 says is absolutely true, no clay or polish is "supposed" to be used on the film, as it will void the warranty. I have enclosed a copy of the Venture Shield warranty card.[media]http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/pdf/lifetimewarranty.pdf[/media]

John

Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Hey Greta, I recommend you keep the clear mask waxed with a non-abrasive wax. Plexus is great for everyday maintenance, as it is an anti-static spray-wax. Keep in mind that Ventureshield film DOES NOT YELLOW. The adhesive is what can yellow, and nothing helps it keep it's shine and clarity better than a good handwax. What Rokstdy1 says is absolutely true, no clay or polish is "supposed" to be used on the film, as it will void the warranty. I have enclosed a copy of the Venture Shield warranty card.http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/pdf...mewarranty.pdf

John
In my experience, VS actually does yellow. It's noticeable on white cars and a keen eye can also pick up on it on other paint colors. I've yet to see a film that has not yellowed a bit. The technology IS MUCH better than even 2 years ago though.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
The adhesive is what can yellow, and nothing helps it keep it's shine and clarity better than a good handwax. What Rokstdy1 says is absolutely true, no clay or polish is "supposed" to be used on the film, as it will void the warranty. I have enclosed a copy of the Venture Shield warranty card.[media]http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/pdf/lifetimewarranty.pdf[/media]
John, I'm going to totally disagree on the wax & clay. From my experience, there is more crap stuck in the clear bra then the paint on most cars regardless of the brand. Usually the bra needs clay more then the paint. FWIW, it also always looks better after a light polish & good wax.

I'm going to get my C4S entire car done in Venturshield & maybe even the whindshield. Just got to wait for the paint to totally cure.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
John, I'm going to totally disagree on the wax & clay. From my experience, there is more crap stuck in the clear bra then the paint on most cars regardless of the brand. Usually the bra needs clay more then the paint. FWIW, it also always looks better after a light polish & good wax.

I'm going to get my C4S entire car done in Venturshield & maybe even the whindshield. Just got to wait for the paint to totally cure.
+1 ...I ALWAYS clay and polish the clear film. It feels night and day different. IMO, Plexus isn't all that great. Using rejex every few months and wiping down with a detail spray after each wash should do the trick very well.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stealth 993

Stealth, you can't do the windshield in VS. The wipers would scratch the hell out of the film. Try Proline windshield skins. If you're looking to wrap your whole car, I believe that we're the only shop around that does full car wraps. As far as clay-barring goes, it can be done, but Venture Shield DOES NOT approve of it. That's all that I'm saying. The newer clearcoated film does accept wax very well, and even a light polish. I have never had a need to claybar the film though. Using even a non-abrasive wax with a microfiber should remove any contaminents from the film. I still don't recommend a claybar on the film.

If your paint was baked in a paint-booth you do not need to wait for it to cure to install Venture Shield. Venture Shield does breathe, and we have installed on numerous cars straight out of the bodyshop.

John

Old 03-25-2008, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=detailjohn;1756134]Stealth, you can't do the windshield in VS. The wipers would scratch the hell out of the film. Try Proline windshield skins.

Can you tell me more about this windshield skin? Can you see it, does the glue yellow or discolor over time, if you get a grain of something under your wiper will it scratch, if you remove it - can you?, do the edges come up over time? How long is the warranty and what is the care? Thanks so much John.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
rokstdy1 is on a distinguished road
Windshield Skin

[quote=gretapass;1756292]
Stealth, you can't do the windshield in VS. The wipers would scratch the hell out of the film. Try Proline windshield skins.

Can you tell me more about this windshield skin? Can you see it, does the glue yellow or discolor over time, if you get a grain of something under your wiper will it scratch, if you remove it - can you?, do the edges come up over time? How long is the warranty and what is the care? Thanks so much John.

The windshield skin is guaranteed not to yellow for 24 Months/24,000 miles whatever comes first. With that you can expect to replace it after approx. 2 years (depending on roadtime and exposure). It is easy to remove if needed. Edges will not come up unless intentionally or forcefully lifted. You must have a certified installer perform your install and the WS should be cured upon delivery to you, any edges not set should be addressed at that time.
You do need to be mindful of your wiper cleanliness to avoid the 'sand grain' scenario because it is possible to get scratches this way. Even heavy wiper use will have the same effect on your WS as you WILL get on unprotected glass, it is hard to notice, but if you look close it is there.
All in all though, you will forget that the Windsheild Skin is even on. This is an amazing product if you want to avoid Pitting and Breakage on your windshield.

Let me know if you would like more info.

Last edited by rokstdy1; 03-25-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:51 PM
As far as clay-barring goes, it can be done, but Venture Shield DOES NOT approve of it. That's all that I'm saying. The newer clearcoated film does accept wax very well, and even a light polish. I have never had a need to claybar the film though. Using even a non-abrasive wax with a microfiber should remove any contaminents from the film.

If your paint was baked in a paint-booth you do not need to wait for it to cure to install Venture Shield. Venture Shield does breathe, and we have installed on numerous cars straight out of the bodyshop.
Humm interesting, I'll have to see how the "new" stuff is. It "breaths" that is news as well.

Yes, the paint was baked & I know it can be done, but I don't want to push it. Last time I got eager with my M3, & when part of the bumper need to get redone, it pulled off a little patch of paint. Since this is my weekend car, I can wait a few weeks.

I didn't realize it was another product that went on the windshield.

I'm having Matt do my whole car, & my Cooper S when we pick it up.
http://www.ultimateautoskin.com/

Old 03-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Is there anyone around here with the windshield product? Or other 6speed members that I could hear their opinions on it? What is the cost ? Thanks Matt.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Stealth, the only way the paint would peel when removing the Venture Shield is if proper prep work was not done. The reason people are afraid to put 3M on their paint right after it got painted is because they don't want dye-back. Dye-back is when the solvents in the paint can not escape, and will make paint look oxidized. If paint is baked, then you have no problems.

John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best products/procedures for Ventureshield Maintenance??