Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Maguires Quick Detailer!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Maguires Quick Detailer!!

Maguires quik Detailer is really great in between washes and waxes. I use it when my ride isn't that dirty, but I want my 4S spotless. Ofcourse I remove the surface dirt to avoid scratches. Then apply the Detailer. Best part!! Product usually runs for about $9.99,but RIGHT now at Target you can get 2 bottles for only $12.00

Last edited by 911C4S; 09-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get a set at Target today.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
You should try Meg's Ultimate QD, it's even better and leaves a glossier slicker shine then the regular QD.

I would not recommend using it unless you've freshly washed your car however as any wiping of the surface with so much as some harsh dust can mare and swirl the surface.

Josh

Old 09-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Pats300zx is on a distinguished road
You should try Meg's Ultimate QD, it's even better and leaves a glossier slicker shine then the regular QD.
I agree with Josh. The Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer is very good. I just use their regular QD as a clay lube.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 AM
josh2448 is on a distinguished road
Been using this stuff for years now. I absolutly love it. I use it everyday on the front and rear bumper and every other day on the rest of the car with a fresh MF towel.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Ooops..Ultimate Quik Detailer on sale!!

Yes, it's the Ultimate Quik Detaler that is on sale(black bottle)..... Can't beat 2 for only $12.00

Old 09-05-2008, 01:41 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Whenever I use Meg's QD it leaves streaks on the car. I spray it on the microfiber towel and wipe the car down a small section at a time and use a dry microfiber to buff it off but it still seems to streak.

I've switched to Pinnacle Crystal Mist and it is 100% better and it even has a little Carnauba (sp?) in it to slicken the surface and 'recharge' your current wax. Plus, it smells like coconuts!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I use Rich's Gloss-It's Quick Detailer and really like it. I have used the standard Meg's quick detailer up to this point and the Gloss-It product is thicker and lasts much longer.

http://www.gloss-it.net/store.php?ca...&#bottomAnchor

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
*Meguiar's*

Old 09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I noticed steaks sometimes when my micro-fiber towel is a little damp. I constantly turn over my towel or switch it out to avoid streaks.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911C4S
I noticed steaks sometimes when my micro-fiber towel is a little damp. I constantly turn over my towel or switch it out to avoid streaks.
The streaks may be due to the towel, not the detail spray. You must wash the microfiber towels in either a dedicated microfiber detergent or a liquid detergent. Also, no bleach or fabric softners. Drying is also important. Make sure not to get the towels too hot in the dryer. Hope this helps.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Emor8t is on a distinguished road
I'm not crazy about the QD except as a lubricant for clay. I've found it increases swirl marks even when the car is "clean."

There's no substitution for a proper wash. All a QD seems to do is rub dust any other small imperfections into the paint. My car gets driven daily and doesn't gets washed every day and it still looks good, however, some of my friends that have garage kept cars that aren't daily driven and use QD, look worse.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
jjs723 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
The streaks may be due to the towel, not the detail spray. You must wash the microfiber towels in either a dedicated microfiber detergent or a liquid detergent. Also, no bleach or fabric softners. Drying is also important. Make sure not to get the towels too hot in the dryer. Hope this helps.
good points but i would also add. when you washing the mf towels, boil them. it somehow get more of the dirt out of them.

i have just gotten into using there waxes and sealants. to me it is kinda idiot proof the way they have everything number. haha also if you hop on there forum they do classes around the usa.

i know if this helps, but Maguires does make some good products.

Last edited by jjs723; 09-06-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is on a distinguished road
The streaking often comes from the combination of temperature variation and silicone emulsion content. Being a professional detailer for over 20 years I was very unhappy with most QD's on the market. The gloss enhancer was the first product we developed. 3 years of testing and tweaking and over 100 samples later we created the worlds best detailer

Our gloss enhancer contains 5% of our exclusive NSAP synthetic polymer that our gloss finish contains. This unique polymer gives ultimate gloss & protection. Works awesome on paint, glass, carbon fiber wood trim and has been proven to cut brake dust on rims by 50%.

The gloss enhancer is not just a quick cleaner it also a protectant. Gloss-it customers have commented that they see between 2 to 3 car washes before the gloss enhancer wares off. Gloss enhancer will work with most other leading polishes & wax and will extend durability. Our QD does not contain silicone emulsion, petrelum distillates or VOC. This detailer is not temperature sensitive and will not streak unless you overload and apply to much product.

I will be running a special on the gloss enhancer this week for first time customers. Please watch for a coupon code for 6speed members.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
I've tried a few QD's. The key and trick to any QD is going very lightly, less is more concept.

The Meg's Ultimate QD is good.
The Zaino Z6 is great.
The Gloss It Gloss Enhancer QD is great as well.

I'm at a toss up right now between which I like best between Gloss It QD and Zaino's QD. They are both superb.

The Gloss It QD is seems to nearly evaporate once you wipe it in and does not streak at all. The Zaino QD tends to be a bit streaky especially if it's humid out, but both leave behind a brilliant shine and slickness unmatched.

Right now my vote would go to Gloss It QD since it does not streak. Excellent product.

Josh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maguires Quick Detailer!!