Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Ask Moe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D!Tailed
Yeah, I'm kinda sarcastic sometimes and I found it was great to send to friends when they ask me about things. Because a lot of the time that's what I end up doing to find the answer anyway!

I don't think I can imagine life without google anymore...

Old 05-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Baracuda is on a distinguished road
Hey Moe
Can you please tell me how do/did you use Z HD Cleanse ? I am having a bit of trouble with it and it gives me the impression that it induces some light scratches. I've used it with a Z terry pad, moderate pressure and wiped it of with a Z mf after 20-30 seconds.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Baracuda
Hey Moe
Can you please tell me how do/did you use Z HD Cleanse ? I am having a bit of trouble with it and it gives me the impression that it induces some light scratches. I've used it with a Z terry pad, moderate pressure and wiped it of with a Z mf after 20-30 seconds.
It's not the hd that may be inducing light scratches...it's the pad and towel you're using. Terry pads and towels can induce light scratches because of the cotton fibers. You need to use a microfiber applicator and a waffle weave microfiber towel. If done properly, you barely need any effort to remove hd. Hope this helps.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Thank you Moe. I've used the pad because it was recomended in the instructions on the back of HD Cleanse, even on their website. Perhaps i've put too much presure into it...

Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Baracuda
Thank you Moe. I've used the pad because it was recomended in the instructions on the back of HD Cleanse, even on their website. Perhaps i've put too much presure into it...
The terry pads zymol made years ago were of great quality. They changed the pads a few years back and since then I've been using a microfiber applicator. Zymol's terry towels have changed as well, hence the new microfiber polishing cloth I recommended.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
genew is on a distinguished road
Hey Moe..I followed your post on detailing the new porsche and have read most of your other posts but I am confused. On most of these posts you are using zymol products and now you aren't. On the new car you used all hand buffing and not the flex. I am wondering if you use the flex can you use any polish including Zaino or do you use menzerna and follow up with menzerna?? On the final coat with menzerna do you use the flex or hand?? I understand menzerna is formulated for the flex?? Do you use it around doors, etc, and in tight places by hand?? Was wondering if you reached your group buy on the flex?? I had left word but didn't hear back. Thanks. One last question..if you don't use the flex, what line of wax or products are you using now??
Gene

Old 05-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Thank you Moe, again
It works as a charm without that Z terry.

Genew, help moe read your post easier by editing it a bit

Old 05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by genew
Hey Moe..I followed your post on detailing the new porsche and have read most of your other posts but I am confused. On most of these posts you are using zymol products and now you aren't. On the new car you used all hand buffing and not the flex. I am wondering if you use the flex can you use any polish including Zaino or do you use menzerna and follow up with menzerna?? On the final coat with menzerna do you use the flex or hand?? I understand menzerna is formulated for the flex?? Do you use it around doors, etc, and in tight places by hand?? Was wondering if you reached your group buy on the flex?? I had left word but didn't hear back. Thanks. One last question..if you don't use the flex, what line of wax or products are you using now??
Gene
New cars, if untouched by unskilled detailers, don't need to be machine polishes most of the time. The foundation is laid on decontaminating the paint with clay, a good paint cleanser to bring out the color, and a wax to protect.

You can use the flex with any polish from any manufacturer. You can also use it to apply wax. You simply need the correct pad/polish combo. Menzerna is simply a polish company and formulates polishes for many industries. They didn't make a polish for the flex exclusively, rather, made polishes for OEM automotive manufacturers that have trickled down to the detailing industry.

You can use various polishes and pads to get into the tightest places.

We did meet our group buy on the flex. Did you try and get in, but couldn't? If so, call me and we'll get you taken care of.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Discipline is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all your help here Moe, I've got another question.

My sister's bug needs some serious attention (teenage girls destroy cars, holy crap). I think I can manage most of it, but I'm curious what to do about the convertible top. It doesn't have any serious stains, as far as I know, it's simply filthy. I'm guessing some sort of interior/carpet cleaner would work OK, but I thought I should ask a Pro. What would you use on a black cloth convertible top?

Old 05-12-2009, 04:35 PM
94nasupra is on a distinguished road
Questions about the interior. The interior on my cars have always been pretty clean but I want to try and condition my leather. I valet at a nice club so I drive nice cars and all that and I can always tell when the car was just detailed. This is because when I put my hands on the steering wheel or something with leather my hand feels disgusting. I mean sure it looks good but it is so greasy it is disgusting. My question is can I condition leather without this feeling and get a great look and obviously which product will achieve this?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Discipline is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 94nasupra
Questions about the interior. The interior on my cars have always been pretty clean but I want to try and condition my leather. I valet at a nice club so I drive nice cars and all that and I can always tell when the car was just detailed. This is because when I put my hands on the steering wheel or something with leather my hand feels disgusting. I mean sure it looks good but it is so greasy it is disgusting. My question is can I condition leather without this feeling and get a great look and obviously which product will achieve this?
I'm not Moe, but I've been impressed with the Leather Master products. I've not used the protection cream for long enough to know how well it protects, but the Strong Cleaner and Vital products work very well and leave a clean, matte finish with no residue.

Moe sells the Einzett products and I've been hugely impressed with Einzett Cockpit. I'd expect Einzett Lederpflege works very well, too.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Discipline
Thanks for all your help here Moe, I've got another question.

My sister's bug needs some serious attention (teenage girls destroy cars, holy crap). I think I can manage most of it, but I'm curious what to do about the convertible top. It doesn't have any serious stains, as far as I know, it's simply filthy. I'm guessing some sort of interior/carpet cleaner would work OK, but I thought I should ask a Pro. What would you use on a black cloth convertible top?
The simplest way to clean the convertible top is to use the soap you're cleaning the car with along with a soft bristle brush. Simply agitate the canvas with the soap and brush, then rinse.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Premium Sponsor
There are times that detailers use the same stuff to condition the tires, and they put it on leather. Never understood why some believe the interior should have a shiny and glossy look. Personal preference I guess.

To take care of the interior, simply clean using Autoglym Interior Cleaner. It works well on carpets, leather, vinyl, suede, alcantara, etc.

Then condition using einszett Leather Care. It'll give it a clean and rich look. No grease; I promise

Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
94nasupra is on a distinguished road
Thanks Discipline and Moemistry for the responses. When I am ready to order I'll order from you since it seems like everyone says your the best.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thanks Discipline and Moemistry for the responses. When I am ready to order I'll order from you since it seems like everyone says your the best.
Thanks...would appreciate your business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ask Moe