Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Best way to get rid of fuzzies/dust in the interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Best way to get rid of fuzzies/dust in the interior?

I just bought a vantage. When I test drove the car, the interior did not have a single spec of dust inside...NOTHING. My car has the black piano center cover over the center console, it looked like a mirror... you could see the clouds above perfectly in it. Then the dust started creeping in... and I can't get it like it was before.

What do I do to achieve this! I bought micro fiber towels from griots, dusters..(seem to work the best so far) Is there a magic trick here?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
I use the SWIFFER! I just get it at the supermarket. Works GREAT!

Old 02-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
We use compressed air, and an assortment of detail brushes when cleaning in our shop. If you don't have compressed air, get a few detail brushes, and clean using a quality product like Sonax Dashboard cleaner, or Einszett cokcpit premium, and wipe with a quality microfiber towel. These products have an anti-static in them, and should help keep the dust down to a minimum, and later the interior will need just a simple wipe down.

John

Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scott997
I use the SWIFFER! I just get it at the supermarket. Works GREAT!
+1 - swiffers are great @ picking up lint off dash and hard to reach places. Unless the trim has gotten dull, swiffer and microfiber will be just fine. You probably want to avoid treating the trim with any chemical until you need to.

Last edited by lithium1330; 02-27-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrScoles
I just bought a vantage. When I test drove the car, the interior did not have a single spec of dust inside...NOTHING. My car has the black piano center cover over the center console, it looked like a mirror... you could see the clouds above perfectly in it. Then the dust started creeping in... and I can't get it like it was before.

What do I do to achieve this! I bought micro fiber towels from griots, dusters..(seem to work the best so far) Is there a magic trick here?
Check out our interior dusters...they're made of high quality Australian lambs wool and work great in picking up dust. They're safe and won't scratch delicate surfaces like wood, nav screens, or instrument clusters. We also make a larger size designed for the exterior. They're hand washable and will last you many years to come.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ster-gp/Detail

Also, you may want to get an interior detail spray to routinely clean the interior. This product is amazing and works on leather, plastic, wood, nav screen, vinyl, etc. Everything except carpets and alcantara.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...00mL%2C/Detail

Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Moe, The interior cleaner isn't gonna leave any type of sheen on the leather? Thats what I'm afraid of...

Thanks, Mike

Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Moe, The interior cleaner isn't gonna leave any type of sheen on the leather? Thats what I'm afraid of...

Thanks, Mike
Precisely....I can't stand a shiny interior either.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
just use the swiffer. Use it a few times and you throw it away. For Aston Martin you should use Auto Glym products, that is what the factory recommends.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Scott997
just use the swiffer. Use it a few times and you throw it away. For Aston Martin you should use Auto Glym products, that is what the factory recommends.
Autoglym does make some great products, however, they don't make the best of everything. This is why we hand select products from many manufacturers based on result, not special deals made between companies. In the case of the interior, there isn't another product on the market that matches the performance and result of einszett ****pit Premium.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Ordered them both, thanks Moe.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Premium Sponsor
Ordered them both, thanks Moe.
Thanks

Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Premium Sponsor
GlisteningTech is on a distinguished road
I think that it is important to mention that vacuuming properly really helps to cut down on the work of dusting, and how fast that it accumulates.

We use the vacuum for everything, not just carpet. Going over all the interior surfaces with a soft bristled detail brush and the vacuum nozzle close by keeps all the dust down. Simply brush the dirt and dust towards the vacuum nozzle, you don't even want the nozzle touching everything, and you should be able to go over every nook and cranny in your interior and end up dust free.