Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Giot's Garage....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 AM
NYSpeedRacer84 is on a distinguished road
Giot's Garage....

I just got their catalog in the mail and they sure have some pretty good products. Have anyone used any of their products? Comments?

Heck, It sounds like a J.Peterman's Catalog from Seinfield and Elaine wrote all the descriptions...

Old 07-29-2007, 07:52 AM
wbellinz is on a distinguished road
I have used their interior cleaner. It works well. I have also ordered their microfiber wash mits, which I also like.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Griot's makes some good stuff. I've always said his biz model is an excellent one. I've heard mixed reviews of the polish and waxes. What products were you considering? I know his tools, garage equipment, etc. are top notch.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:16 AM
His Best of Show Wax, Polish, Wheel Cleaner and stainless steel cleaner...

Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I've used almost all of his cleaning and waxing products and they all work well. The waxes are extremely easy to use, go on easily and come off just as easily. The interior cleaner and dash treatment are still the best I've found. Window cleaner is okay, a little hazy but it works. Wheel cleaner is okay but Simple Green is better. Engine cleaner and engine gloss are both awesome.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by tblackj
I've used almost all of his cleaning and waxing products and they all work well. The waxes are extremely easy to use, go on easily and come off just as easily. The interior cleaner and dash treatment are still the best I've found. Window cleaner is okay, a little hazy but it works. Wheel cleaner is okay but Simple Green is better. Engine cleaner and engine gloss are both awesome.
Thanks, I'll place my little order tomorrow

Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 AM
mattkins99 is on a distinguished road
They're based here locally and I've been to their shop many times as they support pretty much all of the local car clubs and setup booths at every car event. I have their newer Random Orbital buffer (not the older Portal Cable) and it works great. I have tons of their stuff. Fine hand polish, Machine polishes 1-4, Speed shine, rubber dressing, best in show wax, leather care... and I'm sure some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Pretty much everything is good. Their best in show wax is good, but I use Zaino and Crystal Finish just because they are my favorite. I'd use Pinnacle Souveran if it wasn't $80 a tin (drop beow $50 a tin and I'd switch instantly) I love their polishes. They're the best I've ever used. I do have to say, I don't think I've ever used my bottle of fine hand polish. When I do polish a scratch out by hand, I tend to use Machine Polish 1 and it works great.

As for their leather care... It works well, but to be honest, I can't tell a difference between it and the stuff you buy at the auto parts store. They all seem to do a good job IMO... but then BMW has good leather, so maybe I just don't need it.

THe only bad product I've ever bought from them was the spray on car bra. I saw a demo at their headquarters in Fife and it looked great so I bought a can. I tried it out and it was a mess. IMO, car bras suck, spray on bras suck, 3M clea bras suck. Go Braless!! (that sould be a slogan) and if needed, paint if it gets bad.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Triple B is on a distinguished road
I also use there products......The best of show wax is good. It does not last very long on a daily driver. I really like their speed sine, clay bar and the car wash soap.
I love this thing for cleaning the front window http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1001&SKU=90247

I also just bought the one step paint sealer for my truck. I need to find some time to try it out.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:38 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Triple B
I also use there products......The best of show wax is good. It does not last very long on a daily driver. I really like their speed sine, clay bar and the car wash soap.
I love this thing for cleaning the front window http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1001&SKU=90247

I also just bought the one step paint sealer for my truck. I need to find some time to try it out.
I use the Paint Sealer on my Suburban and my FJ Cruiser and it is the shiznit! I love it.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Triple B is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tblackj
I use the Paint Sealer on my Suburban and my FJ Cruiser and it is the shiznit! I love it.
Good to hear.......Thanks......Now I really want to try it out
One more that that is the shiznit is this http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=92117 I just got this the other day and it is very cool. Well built plenty of storage to keep the orbital, pads & wax/polishes organized

Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Banned
crazy1323 can only hope to improve
Great stuff, i have ordered tons of stuff from them and was always satisfied. The only thing i didnt like was the window cleaner. Everything else is great. Speed shine could be the best thing ever made. Also, the interior cleaner works wonders. The Car wash is my favorite of all times and smells great also.