Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Fender Shields ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
mpatrizio is on a distinguished road
It's your car, so do what you want. I went thru the same debate when I got my 550 Maranello. I put the Yoshi shields on and never looked back. They're not cheap looking and are extremely well made.

Sure there's no fender recess, but frankly, factory shields on a car that didn't come from the factory scream that the car's been hit. Aftermarket, quality surface applied shields leave many less questions IMHO. Besides they look just as nice, IMHO.

Also, although it's your dream car.... It's not like it's a limited production supercar. You can always remove the shields and have the fenders professionally detailed.

Congrats on the 355, BTW!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Fake shields are trashy and a sin

Are you gonna AMG on a E320 too? Same type of thing.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 AM
PeteyP is on a distinguished road
No...
I wouldnt throw an AMG badge on an E320 because an E320 is not an AMG, but an F355 IS a Ferrari. Have you ever put a spoiler or wheels on a car that the car did not originally come with? Would you consider that trashy??

Seems like many members here have used Yoshi Shields and the like and have been very happy with them. I think I'm gonna go in that direction, and I thank all the 6speeders for their input and help with the decision.

I understand its a personal preference...
to each his own.

Thanks Guys

-Petey

Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Rei86 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Fake shields are trashy and a sin

Are you gonna AMG on a E320 too? Same type of thing.
But whats the real difference between a F355 with shields where the fenders has a slot for it and a F355 without a slot for it?

I mean there IS a HUGE difference between the E320 to the E55/65 AMG but what about the F355 with and without the shield? Is it just as big as the E320 to E AMG?

Last edited by Rei86; 10-31-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
There is no question it is a matter of personal opinion. I have always thought the aftermarket shields looked cheap and hokey. To me I feel like a piece of automotive art as beautiful, timeless, and classic as the f355 should not be changed once it leaves the factory. It's like taking a monet and repainting it because there is a smudge somewhere. I have always loved the 355 and everytime I see one of those badges on one I cringe. The shields that come from the factory, that are set in a recessed slot in the quarter panel are completely different to me. I look at that for what it is, a factory option. Do I like shields, yes, see my avatar. However if I ever bought a ferrari without them it wouldn't really matter to me and I would never consider adding them in a million years. This is just my personal opinion. I am not saying it will look bad, and even if it does who gives a damn if you like it, I was merely sharing my opinion which, I thought was the point of the thread.

either way just enjoy the car!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 AM
James PA is on a distinguished road
I think your car looks perfect as-is. I think the shields look nice on the black 355 above, but when I look at yours, I don't feeling like they're missing. Looks cleaner without, IMO.

If you do it, make sure its installed to the measurements from yoshield.com and that you have the thinner ones. That way they will look right, but could still be removed.