Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Fender Shields ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 AM
PeteyP is on a distinguished road
Fender Shields ??

Hey Guys

I know its matter of personal taste and I should do what I like, but I'm just curious about everyone's opinion on whether or not I should put the Scuderia Shields on the fenders of my 355..

It seems that most of the newer models, 355s and later, have them on the fenders. And while I think they look great on most of the cars, I'm just not 100% sure if I should install them. because once I put them on I can't take them off.

I attached a few pix of my car and a few random pix of 355s with the shields.
Any opinions, good or bad please would be appreciated...

Thanks In Advance

-Petey

Attached Images      
Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 AM
JasonE30M3 is on a distinguished road
First off i just want to say your car is beautiful without them. The 355 is classic Ferrari design and looks good all the time.

That said, I personally like them with the shields better. I understand why you question it but i think they will be a nice upgrade.

You're going to probly get alot of responses. The important thing is make sure you do what YOU want. You're the one who is going to have to look at it everyday. Either way though I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
humveelat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JasonE30M3
First off i just want to say your car is beautiful without them. The 355 is classic Ferrari design and looks good all the time.

That said, I personally like them with the shields better. I understand why you question it but i think they will be a nice upgrade.

You're going to probly get alot of responses. The important thing is make sure you do what YOU want. You're the one who is going to have to look at it everyday. Either way though I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

I agree! Your car is beautiful already without it. It is your choice if you will put shields on it. It is nicer to put shields on it but if you want a simple look it's your option not to put shield on it.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I personally think they add quite a bit to the car, while the car can never look bland, the shields concrete that fact - i have em on my 360 and i couldn't imagine the car without them

Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Nefarious7907 is on a distinguished road
Get a set in Vinyl and see how you like them, in the case you dont care for them you can simply peel them off and toss them in the trash.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
What's not to like about them?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:24 PM
4RECAT will become famous soon enough4RECAT will become famous soon enough
If you DO put shields on it, I recommend buying them from Yoshi at www.yoshield.com . His are thinner so they don't stick up too high because you don't have the factory fenders with indents for the shields. Also, they have the correct "bend" in them to fit flush.

I also have an extra set from him if you would like to buy them, send me a PM.

Last edited by 4RECAT; 10-24-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
it looks good either way. if it were my car, I would leave it as is since that is how the car came from the factory.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
PCH
PCH is on a distinguished road
If you decide to install scuderia shields do it the correct way or not at all. Have them installed as per the factory at Karosserie Auto Body in King Of Prussia, PA. They are an authorized Ferrari collision shop. A bit pricey but correct.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Understand that OEM shields are indented into the fenders. They are not surface mounted.

The fenders are actually stamped to accommodate the shields, and then the shields bolt on..

Knowing that realize that it is very difficult to find shields that mount properly.

So be careful about that addition. Try to find someone who has done it properly and take a look at what his look like.

You have a beautiful car. Don't mess it up!

Old 10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Understand that OEM shields are indented into the fenders. They are not surface mounted.

The fenders are actually stamped to accommodate the shields, and then the shields bolt on..

Knowing that realize that it is very difficult to find shields that mount properly.

So be careful about that addition. Try to find someone who has done it properly and take a look at what his look like.

You have a beautiful car. Don't mess it up!
+1 You've got one of the classic body styles imho. I've always had them on my cars because I like them a lot. I'd be concerned about adding them and having them look cut and paste.

Most Ferrari buyers are going to want to see the window sticker and if it doesn't have the Add Scuderia Shields than they will wonder why they are on and if the car was possibly wrecked.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 PM
PCH
PCH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
+1 You've got one of the classic body styles imho. I've always had them on my cars because I like them a lot. I'd be concerned about adding them and having them look cut and paste.

Most Ferrari buyers are going to want to see the window sticker and if it doesn't have the Add Scuderia Shields than they will wonder why they are on and if the car was possibly wrecked.
Agree with the 'cut and paste' look typically associated with adhesive or magnetic shields. However, when done correctly (de-bossed fenders and OEM shields) by the right facility along with full documentation to confirm no stories I doubt many would object.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Regardless of how you do it - It will look great - having them actually recessed into the fenders would require a lot of work and a lot of money - The adhesive shields would be the way to go and will look great, it will not matter if they are OEM or not, first off, no one will really know except Ferrari aficionados, and again, they will look great

Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 AM
PeteyP is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help guys.

One more question..
Would anyone know the correct spot to mount them, as far as where they would have been mounted if they where done by the factory? I know it is higher up on the fender, but I'm not 100% sure of the exact measurements.

Please let me know,
and thanks again

Petey

Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
bst1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PeteyP
Thanks for the help guys.

One more question..
Would anyone know the correct spot to mount them, as far as where they would have been mounted if they where done by the factory? I know it is higher up on the fender, but I'm not 100% sure of the exact measurements.

Please let me know,
and thanks again

Petey

Go on Yoshield.com. They give measurements for the correct locations for various Ferrari models.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fender Shields ??