Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Do Ferrari models have these features?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Do Ferrari models have these features?

I was looking at the Aston Martin Vantage, but was told it doesnt have simple features like automatic headlights (they are manual) and keyless start (pressing the start button to start the car without a need for the key in the ignition) and keyless entry (not having to press the key fob to unlock/lock doors) and LED license plate lights.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
In a word, no.

My F430 has the "push the button on the fob" keyless entry, one touch up/down driver's side window.. umm.. Oh.. it's got a radio, clock and ambient temperature gauge, too. hehe

It's not a gizmo/modern-convenience type of car. However, you can get tire pressure monitoring, CD changer and a few other things.

The new Ferrari California may have some of the other features you want, I'm not sure, but it will be hard to get one if you're not already on the list for one.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Rob,thanks for the reply. So your headlights are manual?
You have to use the key and turn it in the ignition to start the car?

Its probably a german option that I am referring to.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:14 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Are simple missing things like this really a deterrent when in regards to purchasing what could be an amazing vehicle, because it does not have automatic headlights... wow

Old 10-31-2008, 03:21 AM
when you're paying 200k for a ride, it should have simple features like these. just my 2c.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jyeh74
Hi Rob,thanks for the reply. So your headlights are manual?
You have to use the key and turn it in the ignition to start the car?

Its probably a german option that I am referring to.
Headlights are manual.

Starting.. insert and turn the key then push the Start button.

My '06 Corvette had all the features you mentioned (full keyless unlock/lock and starting, auto headlights, voice command, etc.) and it was less than half the price.

While Ferrari's performance related technology is highly advanced, their convenience stuff isn't. Passion/emotion come first.

Last edited by Rob; 11-02-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
That feature is not just German, even my Infiniti had the Intelligent Key. Lexus has it as well.

If you want an exotic with more features/convenience, you should consider an R8 or Gallardo.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:16 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jyeh74
when you're paying 200k for a ride, it should have simple features like these. just my 2c.
i disagree - if you want these features in a 200k car, get a benz 65 series...

These are sports cars, their mission isn't to have intelligent keys and automatic headlights... gimmie a break

These cars are not for you...

Old 11-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
i disagree - if you want these features in a 200k car, get a benz 65 series...

These are sports cars, their mission isn't to have intelligent keys and automatic headlights... gimmie a break

These cars are not for you...
Creature comforts like the ones mentioned aren't really why you buy a Ferrari. Speed, style, heritage, and passion are what comes to mind. I could care less if there wasn't auto headlights, intelligent key fob, etc. It's a Ferrari damn it...how many other cars practically give you an orgasm when you press hard on the gas

Old 11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Waaaaahhh! If you can't handle having to insert and twist a key or turning your own headlights on then a Ferrari is not a car for you sir. You buy a ferrari for the engineering, performance, styling, pedigree, etc... not creature comforts or gizmos.

Buy a Lexus if want all those features.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:08 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
I could not agree more. You should look at a new LS 460.
Good luck with the owner's manual.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
negawatt is on a distinguished road
As much as I like Ferrari, in my opinion, this thread is full of excuses for why the interior is sub-optimal.

Don't get me wrong, I value the purist driving experience as much as anyone else. That's why I love the idea of the F40 interior.

My thought, then, is just that if you're going to have electric window motors and a CD changer you may as well go all out and put in the auto headlights, smart key, ipod jack, and all that.

If you want the car to be for driving purists only then save weight at all costs and eliminate the unnecessary gadgetry.

Trying, and failing, to strike a balance between the two results in the experience of a car that falls short. It's a difficult balance to achieve and it's going to be hit or miss depending on the person. Too subjective.

Yes when you're REALLY driving the car, and I mean pushing it, who cares about the interior accessories. If you're hard pressed to get the opportunity to unleash it and you mainly use it for going around town on the weekend then the creature comforts (or lack) are more noticeable.

I just dream of a car with perfect performance and perfect interior together.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:11 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
What a waste this thread is....

Old 11-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
What a waste this thread is....
+1

This winds up being one of those doctrines that if you have to ask then you probably wont understand (or like) the answer.

The best explanation is that Ferrari focuses on the purity of the driving experience. Items such as auto headlights are not necessary for that. There are reasons that most Ferrari's are not used as DD's, and this is one of them. Plus, every dollar spent on developing and putting these items in their cars is a dollar not put into developing the engine, and to me that is heresy...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Creature comforts like the ones mentioned aren't really why you buy a Ferrari. Speed, style, heritage, and passion are what comes to mind. I could care less if there wasn't auto headlights, intelligent key fob, etc. It's a Ferrari damn it...how many other cars practically give you an orgasm when you press hard on the gas
Exactly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Ferrari models have these features?