Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by echo220
Forgot to mention I also did a baseline dyno on Wednesday on a Dynapack. The result was 418 HP and 305 lbft at the wheel. Seems pretty consistent with other stock dyno readings I've read on forums with a 14% loss. Once the cat's get put on I might do another dyno before an ECU tune.
you should gain 18-22 more whp from that tuning is key!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 PM
RE-Jo is on a distinguished road
Can't believe someone in my area track their F430~ Where do you track it? I would think the track in Mission is way too short for a F430

Old 10-08-2010, 06:35 PM
speedyousuf will become famous soon enough
Did you happen to be at the track yesterday?

Old 10-08-2010, 09:37 PM
PbPedis is on a distinguished road
Any info from the dealer on the 3rd to 5th issue? Seems odd to me and I've never heard of that happening.

I'm running 235 on the front, but have 20" wheels, 325 at the back (Michelin Pilot Sports). It's a great setup and the car is so stable on the track. Love the F1 at the track as well. Glad to see you're enjoying your car!

Old 10-09-2010, 12:10 AM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
I was at Mission today with my 997. The F430 has seen 3 track days at Mission so far but I was not there yesterday. The F430 was at the latest track days with PDC, VCMC and BMW club. Also brought it down to Seattle last week to run with the PCA club there at Pacific Raceway. Will be bringing it to Portland next week for the first time to run with the PCA club there.

Took the car into the dealer last week before I went to Seattle regarding the shift issues. The dealer did a full reset and recalibration of the clutch/gearbox ECU and Im not sure if the software got updated or not but the shifts felt quicker when I picked it up. Could just be a psychological thing but had no problems at Seattle Pacific Raceway. Well see when I bring it back to Mission next season.

I found a set of 19X8.5 and 19X12 forged light weight rims but haven't decided on purchasing these yet. The price is good but not sure if I wanted to go that big.

Found a carbon fiber cup holder to replace the ashtray. Took only 5 minutes to install and looks great. The ashtray was kind of useless to me.

Getting the Fabspeed high flow cats installed on Tuesday. Thinking of running straight pipe out after the cats. Seems to me like the same as unplugging the exhaust bypass valve except getting rid of about 60 lbs of weight. I'll discuss this with my exhaust guy once the car is up on the hoist and we had a chance to scope it out.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 AM
gt34me is infamous around these parts
Subscribed for updates...I would go with some good coilovers since you are tracking the car.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Got the Fabspeed race cats installed yesterday. Took about 6 labour hours at the shop. If you haven't seen the underside of the F430 you should take a chance to have a look the next time your car is in the shop. All I can say is impressive. Drove the car for a couple of days with the bypass valve unplugged and it is definitely louder but not over the edge in anyway. Going to test the car with the new cats and the bypass vacuum unplugged to see how the sound level is. Initial impression is that it is definitely louder in a really nice satisfying way and noticeably more responsive on the throttle. Liking is so far and if I can live with it and it passes sound level test at the track, I'll proceed in removing all the exhaust from the cat back and run straight pipes or an x-pipe with no mufflers. Should loose a good 50 lbs with this. Looking at big brake kits next. Will look at doing a dyno in a couple of weeks.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 PM
d-dot is on a distinguished road
pics?

Old 10-15-2010, 08:49 AM
racin is on a distinguished road
very cool! i dont care what anyone says, a ferrari belongs on a racetrack. I like the way your making your build. I would highly recomend getting rid of the stock exhaust, ever picked one up? they are heavy. straight pipes would have the best weight savings, but if you ever come across a track with sound restrictions you'll get the boot. like laguna for example, has sound restrictions. If your feeling brave get an exhasut custom built with burns stainless mufflers. they are just as light as a straight pipe and and sound amazing. we've been using them on porsches for years. recently built an exhaust for an audi r8, which is also a high strung v8 and i have to say it was one of the best sounds ive ever heard. Your car comes stock with adjustable coilover system so if you havent already a full corner balance and race alignment will be well worth the money.

Have fun out there

Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Just got back from Portland International Raceway last night. First time running that track so lots to learn. A bit of fog in the morning which caused an hour delay but once that burned off, the conditions were perfect. This is the last track day of the year for our neck of the woods up North. The car did well overall and the stock brakes held up through out the day. I think a better track oriented alignment is a definite before the start of the next season starts.

Got my instructor to take the car out for an afternoon session to show me what this car can do. After a couple of laps figuring the car out, he pushed it hard exploring he slip limits of the PZero Corsa's. I think the suspension could be just a bit stiffer but I have a ways to go to need this upgrade. It was good to see that apart from learning the lines, I had a ways to go to explore the limits of this car. A few tweaks here and there and this will be a very fast and competitive car on the track.

As to the exhaust, I had the new Cat's in and the exhaust bypass valve unplugged keeping it open all the time. The exhaust note was fantastic and everyone in the convoy commented on how loud and fantastic it sounded but I found it a bit loud on the 5 1/2 hour drive down to Portland. A bit embarrasing driving this thing on the highway with guys pulling up beside you giving you the thumbs up, shouting out of their car "nice ride !!" and taking pictures and videos of the car. Personally I bought this car to drive rather than to pose and am a bit shy about the amount of attention it attracts. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful car and I love it for not only it's beauty but for it's performance potential. ANyways, plugged the vacuum hoses back in on the 5 1/2 hour drive home and it was much more pleasant.

At the end of the day in the last 2 sessions, I got a flashing yellow EDIFF warning light. Called up my dealer and he said this means the rear diff is overheating and just needs to be cooled. I was told if it flashed red then there is a fault to the rear ediff. I could still drive the car but the car would not have any stability control. Took the car out for gas and cool the car down and the warning light did go away. However when I pulled up to grid for my last run, the warning came back but this time in red. Since I was told it was OK to drive it just I wouldn't have stability control, I drove the last session and it did fine. Left the car at the dealer this morning but they won't be able to look at it until next week.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
when you decide to look into tuning check out evomsit.com we do alot of ferrari tuning. weissach performance is one of our dealers and they are located in vancouver, im sure they'd love to help you out.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:40 PM
speedyousuf will become famous soon enough
Glad your enjoying it. Went in to the dealer to get the particulars on the 458 and happened to walk by the service bay. I took a peak and saw an F430, I'm guessing it was yours. I believe it had the number "88" on the front windshield. Would love to hear how it sounds. Car looked sick nonetheless.

Last edited by speedyousuf; 10-16-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Spdrcrj is on a distinguished road
subscribed! lots of good info in this thread. thanks for the posts.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 AM
Yup, no. 88 is mine. Still haven't peeled off the numbers from my last track day. They are looking into the EDIFF fault and will have to consult with factory on the fault codes. If you want to hear it, PM me and I'll let you know when I'm picking it up this week. We can meet down there.

Racin,
I'll go and see Chris at Weissach about the ECU Flash. I know there are 2 ECU's for the F430 engine management. Do you know if the ECU managing the F1 transmission is the same or is there a separate ECU ? Are there any aftermarket Software upgrades for the F1 gearbox ?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM
yes there is a seperate ECU for the f1 system. unfortunately for us it is a control unit we have been unable to crack. we have tuned a couple in house but do not have an over ther counter tune available for it yet. trust me i wish we did because on the earlier f1 systems that is a very weak area. you can do some research to see if anyone has a tune you can get for the f1, but im not aware of one. if you do find one let me know, i am curious as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 Track Car