Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
speedyousuf will become famous soon enough
Yeah, sorry for creeping you out LOL.
I got it from this thread:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/sick-...r-t574512.html

basically people post pictures of exotics they spot around vancouver, and I recognized your 430 from when I saw it in the service bay at FMoV.

Btw, nice write up, makes me want to pick up a 430!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
Link and first set of photos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmpjJD6IYPI

Attached Images      
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Here is 2nd set of photos

Attached Images     
Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Went to a dealer track day on Monday and boy it was wet wet wet !!!! The rain never stopped and at times it was coming down so hard the track couldn't drain fast enough. Lakes were forming around turn 2 which can be seen in the photos. Lots of 1st timers there and the owner of the dealer ship flew into town with his son and brought the ENZO out. I got to really applaud the first timers and the owner especially for taking their cars out in such miserable conditions. The owner's son did spin the Enzo in one of the turns and thank goodness he didn't hit anything. Scared the heck out of the instructor that was sitting with him because you do not want to be the instructor that crashed the ENZO !!!

I had Pirelli Trofeo's on the car and the tires worked really well in the rain. Learned and practiced the rain line which had to be adjusted at times to avoid lakes. One can still have lots of fun out there as long as you dial it back to 7/10 to accommodate the conditions.

Will post more photos and another video clip once I figurre out how to reduce it's size.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun time.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Old 05-05-2011, 01:03 AM
A short clip of the ENZO on the track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzhu51IGtto

Old 05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Someone just forwarded this photo of me going through a lake at turn 2 apex from that day. Caught me by surprise as it was only a puddle the session before. Important to go off line from the tracks regular dry lines to find better grip and dryer pavement. Rainy days are a great way to practice and tweak those rain lines for the track and adjust as conditions change.

Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM
$teady$upreme is on a distinguished road
Very nice photos and sick car. Always love F430~

Old 05-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Ran with the Porsche Club at Mission yesterday. Thought about bring my 997 but couldn't resist the temptation of giving the guys a big red target out there. Thought it would be more fun mixing it up a bit.

Here are a couple of video clips. I was trying to figure out why the car didn't quite like being pushed coming out of the corners. Finally realized I forgot to switch the car into race mode. LOL Silly mistake, should always do a mental check before getting on the track. You can see me switch it to Race in the second video clip while I was chasing a fast Orange/Copper GT2 out there. Unfortunately I didn't press the stop recording button as I thought I had and ran out of memory to record the rest of the day. Overall it was great fun with the exception of the damn E-Diff warning light coming on at the end of each session. Done every repair the dealer has recommended including new E-Diff magnetic Valve, and a new clutch while tightening the bleeder screw. Starting to think 430's E-Diff wasn't built to take the heat of the track.

http://youtu.be/b_9THWcye8w
http://youtu.be/jAOXUqZO85A

Last edited by echo220; 06-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Haven't posted for a while. Still been struggling with E-Diff fault at the end of a session on track. Latest diagnosis was that the F1 ECU serial number indicates it is first generation which apparently has some problem but they do not publicly announce this. Got a new F1 ECU installed and ran at Seattle on June 10th. Car ran well and no E-Diff fault came on. Will need to run it at Mission once with no fault to say E-Diff problem is finally solved.

Here are a couple of pics of my right front tires from Seattle on June 10th. Didn't even realize it until I was getting ready for a track day at Mission last week. Not sure how many laps I did at Seattle with the tires in this condition. I was pushing it pretty hard and the car felt good throughout the day. Pretty sure this happened on my last session as I recall feeling some shaking at the steering wheel but then it went away. A very lucky thing I left before my last session so I could get home to watch the Canucks loose the Stanley cup and the stupidity that followed afterwards. Very scary thought !!!! They are Pirelli Trofeo's with 4 track days and less than 3000 km in total including two trips down to Seattle with stock alignment. Check your tires after every session !!! Don't get complacent. A great lesson for me from this. Sorry, thought I cleared my memory card before I went down to Seattle but apparently I didn't so no videos to share. I got some shim plates from the dealer and will try and get a an alignment done with -2.5 deg. camber at the front if they could. This should help with the wear problem as you can see from the photos showing minimal inside wear. The rear tire wear was OK but maybe another -0.3 deg. camber. I believe with the more aggressive alignment, a slight toe in at the front will keep the car more stable at high speed on the straight. Can't seem to find any experts in this area so going by what I have learned looking on the forums, talking to alignment shops and other track junkies.

Attached Images   

Last edited by echo220; 06-20-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I have spent a lot of time searching online for Ferrari F430 alignment info and have not had much luck finding anything. Just picked these copies of Ferrari Shop Manual on F430 and F430 Scuderia from my Dealer's shop. They are excited that I am an enthusiast that tracks my car and have been very helpful. That and the fact that I have spent tens of thousands of dollars getting my car serviced there. They also provided me with a supply of shims which you will need to get if you want to get more camber adjustments. I will be getting an alignment next week on my F430 using Scuderia spec's plus 10 or 15% more. I will try this alignment for the next 2 or 3 track sessions and fine tune it from there.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F430 Alignment Shop Manual.pdf (476.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: pdf
F430 Scuderia Alignment Spec.pdf (481.8 KB, 100 views)
Old 06-23-2011, 07:10 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
If you will use the car for trk only I will recommend:

FRONT
Cam 3.5
Toe 0
Springs 700lb
Solid A arms bushings
Thicker bar or OEM bar
0 finger gap

REAR
Cam 3.5
Toe 1mm with solid bushings 2mm with rubber bushings each side
Springs 1100lb
Solid A arms bushings
Thicker bar
0 finger gap

Maybe you need to do longer grub screws to get more camber in the lower A arm bases.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by luiscarlos

FRONT
Cam 3.5
Toe 0
Springs 700lb
Solid A arms bushings
Thicker bar or OEM bar
0 finger gap

REAR
Cam 3.5
Springs 1100lb
Solid A arms bushings
Thicker bar
0 finger gap

Maybe you need to do longer grub screws to get more camber in the lower A arm bases.
Wow, that's pretty agressive. Was this off a Challenge car set up ? Would the zero toe in front with such agressive camber make the car twitchy ? I think I would have to go to after market coil overs in order to get these type of settings. I am definitely interested in replacing all the bushings but haven't found any source at this time. The Scud still use rubber bushings. Thanks for the advise.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by luiscarlos

FRONT
Cam 3.5
Toe 0
Springs 700lb
Solid A arms bushings
Thicker bar or OEM bar
0 finger gap

REAR
Cam 3.5
Springs 1100lb
Solid A arms bushings
Thicker bar
0 finger gap

If you drive the car on the street pretty often this may be too aggresive. I would at least run -2.0 camber front and at least -1.5 in the rear, if not squaring it off at -2.0 in the rear as well. You are putting to much stress on the outside of your tires and they don't have enough time to cool down on the straights.

Most cars sold as U.S. spec are set up to understeer more then we like . . .

P.S. You local track has a lot of close walls . . .

P.S.S. On another Ferrari forum I did read that a lot of the track junkies usually up their front tires to 245s or even 255s from the small 225s. I'm sure at this size they are running wider front aftermarket wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 Track Car