Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:46 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Also consider use 18" wheels

Old 06-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by echo220
Someone just forwarded this photo of me going through a lake at turn 2 apex from that day. Caught me by surprise as it was only a puddle the session before. Important to go off line from the tracks regular dry lines to find better grip and dryer pavement. Rainy days are a great way to practice and tweak those rain lines for the track and adjust as conditions change.
When going as slow as you are in those videos you don't need to go off line.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Also consider use 18" wheels
Unfortunately with Brembo's big brake kit, 19's just barely fits.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Black997Turbo
When going as slow as you are in those videos you don't need to go off line.
Yes, there is no trophy to win at the end of the session nor is there a bud girl to kiss me and I always want to be able to drive my car home at the end of the day. For me, it's all about learning the right lines and learning how to drive smoothly and consistently. Speed will come naturally as it has for me every time I go out there. You are right, I could have used the natural lines but then I would never get faster in the rain with the dry lines. Learning how to drive the rain lines will help me get faster eventually.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:30 AM
$teady$upreme is on a distinguished road
Yes, there is no trophy to win at the end of the session nor is there a bud girl to kiss me and I always want to be able to drive my car home at the end of the day. For me, it's all about learning the right lines and learning how to drive smoothly and consistently. Speed will come naturally as it has for me every time I go out there. You are right, I could have used the natural lines but then I would never get faster in the rain with the dry lines. Learning how to drive the rain lines will help me get faster eventually.
You are totally correct. Last time i went in rainy days, instructor even showed me the rain lines. They grip better and stop faster

Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Houston430 is on a distinguished road
I have a F430 that I track often and I'm having the exact same problem with the e-diff. Any resoluion?

Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding. The E-diff Magnetic solenoid valve will usually be the first thing they check and replace. If your car is 2005 or 2006, get them to check if there is an E-Diff heat shield. Apparently 2007 models and newer has a couple of heat shields added that older models didn't have. These are really cheap (about $35) plus installation but they will protect the E-Diff magnetic solenoid from pre-mature failure to to heat. If you have an earlier 2005 model, then problem could be bigger and more expensive. I found out that the TCU on earlier 2005 430 models are different and were subsequently upgraded in late 2005. This is not in dealer manual anywehere but the SN on the TCU will tell the dealer what version it is. This is not cheap and no guarantee if it's the fix. The most expensive part ($30k bill) was at the end, my F1 pump needed to be replaced. Again, apparently earlier model 430 had smaller F1 pumps which were upgraded in 2006 models and later. I guess most people don't track their Ferrari's or push them that hard so these problems don't generally show up until the car is put under more stress.

If you have an earlier model 430, my recommendation based on personal experience is to trade it in for a late 2006 or newer 430 or a scud which should have a lot of things sorted out. Hope the easy fixes will solve your problem but if they don't, take my advise and trade it in. Now that I've sunk almost 50K into the car getting all my F1 and E-Diff issues sorted and many upgrades like big Brembo brakes, headers, ECU reflash, high flow cats etc. etc., it will be a keeper and will be used as one of my track cars. I will be replacing my stock 430 springs with a set of reasonably priced Scud steel springs instead of the titanium springs which costs an arm and a leg.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 PM
speedyousuf will become famous soon enough
Spotted next to the blue 997 yesterday! looking good

Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
A bunch of us will be down to the new Ridge Motorsport Track at its opening weekend March 16 to 18.

I'll be tracking on March 18th. Come down to play if you have time.

BTW, I have not seen your Z06, when did that happen?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey thanks for the invite Tim. Would have loved to but with spring break and kids duties, I won't be able to make it this time. What a great way to get the track season started, at a brand new track !!! I'll be trying to get 15 or so days in before September so I'm sure I'll see you out there. Keep me posted on the next one. I also signed up for the Silverstate challenge this year down in Vegas. Should be lots of fun.

As for the Z06, that lasted for about 3 months. Great car and easy to drive but got too many of them. Ended up with a 550 Maranello at the end of last year. Planning to keep this one around for a while. Maybe I'll bring it out to one of Bobs breakfast runs. Have fun and drive safe.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Great car and easy to drive but got too many of them. Ended up with a 550 Maranello at the end of last year.
^coming from a man with too many cars.

Last week, out of nowhere, my wife said I have too many Porsche...and said my next car should be a Ferrari, no more Porsche. That's why I now started to browse the Ferrari forum.

She said make sure to buy an automatic one so she can drive too. I told her it only comes in F1 now.

OK, will keep you updated with my next track event.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
The 458 spyder is pretty nice. Hope to welcome you into the Ferrari brotherhood soon.