Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
F430 Track Car

Just purchased a 05 F430 F1 to replace my 997 as my track car. Looking to install Fabspeed High Flow Cats, RSC Mufflers and ECU Flash from Fabspeed.

Looking for any advise, feedback or heads up to look for from anyone here that also tracks their F430. Everything from suspension setup, brakes, tires etc. etc. Did 20+ days this season in total mostly with the 997 and a few days with the AM Vantage. Planning on using the F430 as No.1 goto car for next season.

Thanks,

Old 09-16-2010, 09:54 PM
NOboostSUBIE is on a distinguished road
you don't see too many track-prepped 430's. I'm interested to hear more and see how this unfolds for you.

best of luck with it!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
We need some pics!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Former Vendor
Chris@Fabspeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mini George
We need some pics!
This

Old 09-17-2010, 08:39 AM
As to pictures, looks like any other F430 but the car was already lowered by the last owner. Just placed an order with Fabspeed for the 200 cell Sport Cats, Air Intake Covers, BMC Filters and Carbon Front Splitters. Cats will take about a week to be made. Will get the car in for a dyno next week to get a base dyno. After these get installed, a comparison dyno will be done to see the results.

Looking for a set of PZero Corsa's to replace the Bridgestones. Anyone got any feedback on putting slightly wider 235/35/19's in the front on the stock rims ? Wonder how this will change the handling dynamics.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
What tires are on the car right now, sizes I mean??

Old 09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
The car has stock 225/35/19 and 285/35/19 Bridgestone RE050's. Ferrari's are one of the few cars that has wider front track than the rear so I was afraid to change anything that might mess up steering dynamics of the car. Getting a set of PZERO Corsa's in stock sizes on order. This car will see its first 2 track days this coming Monday and Tuesday before any modifications. Rain is predicted for Monday and Sun is predicted for Tuesday. Tis will give me a good chance to learn the car.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
You should be fine to put slightly wider tires on, I have not had a F430 on the track so I can't tell you about track driveability but on the street you can still retain the dynamics that the cars has. It is a good idea to drive the car on the track and get to know it before you do anything to it.

Last edited by MK4lowIRA; 09-19-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Buy Novitec Rosso front bumper is super light compared with OEM ....

Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 PM
speedyousuf will become famous soon enough
Did you happen to buy the one SR was selling?
lighter wheels might help

Old 09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
DO the 05's have the carbons on them? If your not going to be in the f430 challenge you can get a swap out kit that will use blank rotors. (Wayyyy cheaper) 10k for a brake job vs 1500.

If you have any questions about it Pm me. I have been around these horses for a while. Glad to help.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 PM
No, carbon's were an option on the F430 and my did not have this option. I know a few guys who had the Carbon Ceramics option on their GT3RS and swapped them out to steel rotors due to hairline fracture issues on the ceramic rotors. I generally flush the brake fluids every 5 or 6 track days due to some previous experience with brake fluids boiling. On the track, I normally use Pagid Yello pads on the Porsche. I have no experience with Ferrari pads so I'll have to see how they perform and how they wear on th track. My only other concern is if the stock front steel rotors are large enough to dissipate the heat with repeated hard use especially on hot days. I believe there is air directly vented to the front brakes but I haven't seen the underside of this car yet so can not verify. There will be a lot of learning and testing as I go along. Just picked it up last Friday so being driving it to get used to its size and peripheral vision from the drivers seat.

Any suggestions on increasing the front and rear rim width to fit wider tires ? I know this will change the front and rear track of the car. I was concerned with offsetting the balance of the steering. I know Perilli Corsa's will definitely improve grip and cornering speed.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Use brembo gtr brakes

Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by echo220
No, carbon's were an option on the F430 and my did not have this option. I know a few guys who had the Carbon Ceramics option on their GT3RS and swapped them out to steel rotors due to hairline fracture issues on the ceramic rotors. I generally flush the brake fluids every 5 or 6 track days due to some previous experience with brake fluids boiling. On the track, I normally use Pagid Yello pads on the Porsche. I have no experience with Ferrari pads so I'll have to see how they perform and how they wear on th track. My only other concern is if the stock front steel rotors are large enough to dissipate the heat with repeated hard use especially on hot days. I believe there is air directly vented to the front brakes but I haven't seen the underside of this car yet so can not verify. There will be a lot of learning and testing as I go along. Just picked it up last Friday so being driving it to get used to its size and peripheral vision from the drivers seat.

Any suggestions on increasing the front and rear rim width to fit wider tires ? I know this will change the front and rear track of the car. I was concerned with offsetting the balance of the steering. I know Perilli Corsa's will definitely improve grip and cornering speed.
We have really noticed no difference in rotor performance Ceramic vs Steel, Im sure if you do a test of the limits then yes. Ferrari pads generally do work pretty well. I would put them up against the Yello's as far as performance goes. (there are vents btw) It seems like you have done your homework Pirelli corsa's are a favorite.

Quick question what wheel style is on there now? And what tire?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Use brembo gtr brakes

You can do this as well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 Track Car