Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:29 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by Kinesis 996
Feeling for the car, but not feeling for that out fit. Sorry to say but it looks kinda gay.
Man, I was totally kidding ! Give me some credit !

Old 09-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by RufMD
Man, I was totally kidding ! Give me some credit !

Oooo....sorry mang i thought u were for real and got all nutty after u got the F40 hehe. U know some ppl ARE like that for eg, show in pic hehe.

Are u going to put on some aftermarket wheels on that beauty? Maybe a set of racing Enkie or BBS mag?? I seen some F40 have them on Ferrari Chat and they look pretty good.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:40 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by Kinesis 996
Oooo....sorry mang i thought u were for real and got all nutty after u got the F40 hehe. U know some ppl ARE like that for eg, show in pic hehe.

Are u going to put on some aftermarket wheels on that beauty? Maybe a set of racing Enkie or BBS mag?? I seen some F40 have them on Ferrari Chat and they look pretty good.
No problem !!! I like the 18" Enkei wheels as they would allow me to upgrade the brembo brakes....but at this point, the car is so original, I would like to keep it that way and possibly even show it.

I do agree though, the Enkei wheels look tremendous..

Old 09-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by RufMD
No problem !!! I like the 18" Enkei wheels as they would allow me to upgrade the brembo brakes....but at this point, the car is so original, I would like to keep it that way and possibly even show it.

I do agree though, the Enkei wheels look tremendous..
Nice nice. Here this is a photo for u hehe. Black looks good on red.

btw, check ur pm.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Kinesis 996; 09-18-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:27 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Sorry for being late, but Congrats to you RufMD...Truly Awesome!

Old 09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
RufMD...

No words can describe the feeling you must've had when that thing backed out of the trailer I guess

Congrats my man! Congrats!

Old 09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by PorscheFanatic
RufMD...

No words can describe the feeling you must've had when that thing backed out of the trailer I guess

Congrats my man! Congrats!
I think it was a combination of unrestrained excitement, a feeling of "this was a great move !" and I can't believe this is happening all mixed into one...

Old 09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I shared the delivery and 1st day with the car with a close friend of mine who is a huge racing fan, weekend track driver and car enthusiast. It is always nice to get someone else's feedback on the car after they have driven it, and he was kind enough to send me a copy of a post he made on a BMW board of his experience. It was written as follows :

"I always said to myself: "Before I die, I need to drive a Ferrari". Now I can die anyday...peacefully.

Si, Señores. Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive a Ferrari for the first time. And what a Ferrari. A Ferrari F40. Only 1,100 miles (barely broken in). In pristine, museum-ready condition. A good friend of mine took delivery of it yesterday and invited me over without telling me a thing. What a surprise to see this piece of Bella Macchina parked in his garage. WOW!!!

For those who don't know about the F40 (shame on you!), it was the car built to commemorate Ferrari's 40th anniversary. It is literally a racecar for the road. Made out of carbon fiber, it weights only 2900lb and is powered by a 3 litre twin turbo V8 capable of close to 500hp. Redline is at a staggering 7750rpm (impressive for a road car designed in the 80's). It reaches 60mph in 3.8 secs, 100mph in 8.0 secs and the 1/4 mile in 11.8 secs. Due to its high price tag at the time ($ 415,000), only 1,300 were built between 1987 and 1992, with less than 300 making their way to the US.

The car doesn't even have a radio, or carpet, or any form of sound insulation. But who needs that when you have a Ferrari engine right behind your ear? The car is pure pleasure. It's so raw. You need a left leg the size of one of Schwarzenegger's arms to engage the clutch (it's that hard), but if you don't, don't worry. You'll have it after driving it for a while. The is no power assist for brakes of steering. It's pretty much impossible to heel-toe and shift while turning, at least not with my current strength. And the transmission is just as hard. But all this rawness, and brutality, makes the car purer. It gives it that mystic aura that only purposely built race cars have. Driving it, was like fighting a monster. And what a beast.

Literaly, it was like trying to subdue a cavallino rampante (rampant horse). So difficult, so scary, so awesome!!!! But once you start to learn it and feel comfortable, it is such a pleasure. MEGA!!! Only God knows how come I didn't get a ticket. But you know what? I didn't care. Not for a second that I was in the car. The acceleration was mind-blowing, the cornering as flat as Texas (Texas is flat, ain't it?), and the sound experience was completely out of this world. And I wasn't even close to the actual capabilities of the car! Man, it happened more than 24hrs ago but the goose bumps are still there.

A lifetime experience indeed. Many, many thanks to my great friend Jas for making a dream become reality. I'm blessed to have a friend like him.

Salud Amigos,

Gary "

Old 09-19-2005, 12:47 AM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Doc,

My heart nearly stopped just looking at the pics and reading all of the responses! A ride in the car would get my heart started again...

That is so AWSOME! Does your wife drive the F40?

p.s. I hope your lift doesn't fail, or you don't have kids that walk into your garage and say "what does this button do?" Just kidding (knock on wood).

Old 09-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Funny thing is you could keep the car for 5 years. Put a few miles on it, and probably sell it for the same or more than you paid for it.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:17 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Wow that was so kind of you to let your friend drive that car just amazing. Just don't let some idiot hit you, please!!!!!

Old 09-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by gdctus997
Does your wife drive the F40?
My wife loves driving fast cars also. I'm afraid if we get the F40, she'll kill me if she can't press the clutch pedal. I almost has to sell my CS when she broke her nail on the paddle shifter.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:00 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
Congrats!!!!!

one of my earliest dream cars!

maybe i need to change my specialty to ER ?

Old 09-19-2005, 09:03 PM
sim_plic_i_ty will become famous soon enough
GREAT Car...Truly phenomenal.

Just reading in another post of yours that your brother and you were at a dealer in Toronto. You live in TO?
If so, give me a time that you will be rolling down the highway so I can sit on some lawn chairs and catch the view

Last edited by sim_plic_i_ty; 09-19-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
wow great find! congrats!!!!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today