Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 03:08 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
You need this now...

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2005, 03:12 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Shank ! That is really cool ! Thanks a lot !!!!

Old 09-17-2005, 04:29 PM
OceanView is on a distinguished road
Dayum!

That's one sweet car and garage.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Maas is on a distinguished road
Excellnt purchase!! amazing car

RufMD correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe that is 92336, an excellent car!!!!

Old 09-17-2005, 05:19 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by Maas
Excellnt purchase!! amazing car

RufMD correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe that is 92336, an excellent car!!!!
Thanks, and you are correct, it is SN 92336

Old 09-17-2005, 05:27 PM
A couple of engine pics....

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2005, 05:28 PM

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2005, 05:35 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by RufMD
Damon, can you guys source Goodyear Eagle GSA Luxembourg in 335-35-ZR 17 ? I would like a set of those for the sake of originality . I'll also give you the front sizes if you do have a source
Goodyears? Stock? On a FERRARI?

I show a Pirelli P-Zero Asymetrico as being stock.

I have ONE GSA left in stock now. I can try and find another if you'd like a set. Let me know. Call or PM....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
RufMD,

Congratulations! I almost bought one yesterday, but the mileage (13K) was a bit high. Seems the F40 prices are very dependent on mileage. Too bad as I would probably but 10K on it in the first year!

How is the car on full boost with 91 octane? Do you hear any detonation? Is it as fast as your R Turbo?

Also, have you ever driven a CS? Is so, how does the F40 compare? The CS is a second or two faster at the Ferrari test track due to all its high-tech stuff.

Last edited by Bill S; 09-17-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
You the Man!..

Thats the last real ferrari ever made., IMHO..

Very nice..

Old 09-17-2005, 06:38 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Bill S
...<snip>... I almost bought one yesterday...<snip>...
Yeah, me too! No, wait...that was a dream. Nevermind.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Dayum....nice purchase!

That is one sick garage you have there. Enjoy the car and CONGRATS!!

Old 09-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill S
RufMD,

Congratulations! I almost bought one yesterday, but the mileage (13K) was a bit high. Seems the F40 prices are very dependent on mileage. Too bad as I would probably but 10K on it in the first year!

How is the car on full boost with 91 octane? Do you hear any detonation? Is it as fast as your R Turbo?

Also, have you ever driven a CS? Is so, how does the F40 compare? The CS is a second or two faster at the Ferrari test track due to all its high-tech stuff.
Hey Bill, you're right, prices are very mileage dependent. I did not hear any detonation on full boost, but this was the first tank of gas (and I didn't put it in !) I haven't driven a CS, but it was one I considered as an alternative as it is purpose built as well.

As far as the Ruf goes..well I still think the Ruf R Turbo 550hp feels faster and is so effortless in getting there. You have to work harder with the F40...thats probably what makes it more fun to drive than the Ruf, but I just love the R Turbo...a beast of a different era, and much different approach. Lets put it this way, the last two cars to be pried out of my hands will be the F40 and the R Turbo. On a highway run yesterday, I got on the F40 and it ran unbelievably quick and just wanted to run out from under me. I got home, and wound down from the experience (no joking there).

Old 09-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by RufMD
On a highway run yesterday, I got on the F40 and it ran unbelievably quick and just wanted to run out from under me. I got home, and wound down from the experience (no joking there).
I can believe that! I heard the euro F40 is about 2400 lbs. I doubt the US version is that much heavier. That light weight makes all the diffrence. The doors are so light they feel like they're made out cardboard!

I love the way the car opens to. That's a lot of fun to show people.

I know the Ruf cars are faster, but it's hard to beat the Ferrari experience. Several Enzo owners say they prefer their CS for a more stimulating experience. Since the F40 is even more stimulating then the CS, that says, to me, that the F40 is likely more fun to drive than an Enzo! I think the CS is the only modern Ferrari that came close to the F40. It's just wonderful how you can see the carbon mesh on the F40 through the paint. The car was built for pure performance with no compromises... I guess they could have left off the paint or inside felt, but that's probably not too much weight!

Old 09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Tho Im new here......true CONGRATS.
nothin else to say, but Im jealous......WOW!!!

The entire garage is awesome.
Have fun

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today