Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Italian > Ferrari
Reload this Page >

Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today

Notices
Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today

Old 09-16-2005, 09:44 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by buddyg
I am so happy for you bro! One day that car will be in my collection! Like others I thought oh geez another CS but this is so much BETTER!

Please give us some driving impressions!

Congrats,congrats, congrats!

By the way where did you find it?
Thanks Buddy, thanks for the congrats.

Driving impressions, here goes :

On start up, the car settles into a tight 1k idle, no burps, and no wavering. The clutch is heavy, and the shift gate feels tight at first. The clutch is very on/off, and the entire cockpit is just spartan and purposeful. On drive away, the car is very tractable and handles well at low speeds. The steering is unassisted and feels heavy at low speeds, but every piece of the road gives feedback and the nose points purposefully in the direction the steering is turned. excellent steering responsiveness. There is no body roll whatsoever. Every single rock can be heard striking the underside of the car, as there is no insulation.

Going up throught he gears, the sound is sonorous and wonderful. The funny thing is, the car sounded like a shrieking madman at times and I would shift....only then I would realize that I was only at 5500 rpm (redline 7800 !) The sound is simply chilling, and a spirited run with a local friend left us both buzzed on adrenaline. The experience is a combination of looks, unreal performance, and extraordinary road presence. when we got out of the car, I took some time to come down from the experience (no joke)...simply put, it was worth every penny.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Toothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really nice
That is just breathtaking! I think the F40 is the most beautiful car ever built. Congrats and enjoy.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:53 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
I found this car in Atlanta. The fellow who owned it was a meticulous collector. When I got to his house, he has six garages (3 each facing each other with a common motorcourt).

I got there and in the garage with the F40 was an F50 and a Maserati convertible. We walked from that garage across the driveway to the opposite side and the other three garages. I walked inside the garage, and there sat a McLaren F1 (Orange), an Enzo, and a Gallardo. We fired up the Enzo and the McLaren and they are truly amazing machines (the McLaren is just the ultimate, no question). In fact, I was supposed to go back down there and drive the McLaren and Enzo when I picked up the F40, but I arranged for enclosed transport and having a standing invitation to return any time to drive the ultimate road car.

When I do, you'll be sure to get the narrative of THAT experience.

best of all, this guy was totally cool and completely at ease with his toys....truly a gentleman. He chooses to remain anonymous, and I'll respect that...

Last edited by RufMD; 09-16-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:15 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
What a terrific adventure this is. It's so exciting getting a car you've always wanted. Every time I get a car I've been wanting, I go back and forth into the garage a few times per night, just looking at the car sitting there. Really great description you just posted too...I can just imagine that sound...

That area you're in looks very nice...From the pic it reminds me of a street in St. Charles where a friend's family lives, next to Brian Wilson (Beach Boys). Whereabouts in the country are you? Hopefully somewhere that doesn't have too long of a winter...

Old 09-16-2005, 10:50 PM
dgussin1 will become famous soon enough
awesome car dude...enjoy it. It's just so raw...hopefully one day I can afford a car like that.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:53 PM
dgussin1 will become famous soon enough
oh, and here is something for ya. click

Old 09-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks, it has tubi LM pipes on it.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Breathtaking....!! Congratulations!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Banned
M3j0n is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by RufMD
Thats where the gauges rest with the ignition off.

thanks for the congrats

my field is ER
wierd that it rests there...

Where do you practice if you dont mind me asking? I'm currently a paramedic and completeing my masters before i take the next step. any advice for me? I love the field. Feel free to PM me if you have a free minute; i dont want to take away from this awesome F40 thread.

congrats again.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:47 PM
srika will become famous soon enoughsrika will become famous soon enough
best post ever..... congrats congrats... incredible car, incredible garage.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
WOW. What can I say, other than congratulations, and what a blessing to be able to own such a machine. I WANT A RIDE

Old 09-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
WOW!!!

Old 09-17-2005, 12:04 AM
MetalSolid will become famous soon enough
Great car, congrats... This is weird to ask of a 14 yr old car, but is it even broken in yet?

Old 09-17-2005, 12:34 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 will become famous soon enough
Holy cow!! What a car, it's practically brand new. I love the F40, very raw. Congratulation and enjoy it in good health.

Old 09-17-2005, 12:36 AM
evlgt2 is on a distinguished road
Wow, everything's been said- absolutely incredible- congratulations.

Were you actively searching for an F40 or did you stumble across it? Can you give us any idea of what the F40 market is like?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took delivery of a car I've always wanted today

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.