Miami owners - Info needed please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:34 PM
911TTurbo is on a distinguished road
Cool Miami owners - Info needed please!

Thank you for your help in advance...

I am in the process of buying an 2001 911 Turbo in Miami and was wondering if you guys can point me to a trustworthy place that specialize in Porsche that can perform PPI (turbo, engine, suspension, etc. checks). This particular 911 has an upgraded ECU and exhaust so I really need to have the motor and turbos checked out.

Any info is appreciated....again, thanks.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Not 100% sure, but Champion Motorsports is in the area...

Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
jwmotorsportsracing. com is in Miami. Talk to Will. I've been going there for a while now with my cars.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Talking

Thanks. Called Will, they're going to do the PPI for me.

So I am going to test drive it either Friday night or Saturday late morning...any local 911 turbo owner want to swing by and join me for a test drive, give pointers on to what to look for, etc? I will buy lunch/beer.

Thank you!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:31 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I’m going by the shop on Sat after getting lunch at Hooters a block away. Maybe see you then. Hope the car works out for you. Tom

Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Cool...if you're not meeting with anyone I'd like to swing by and grab lunch there as well...buy you a beer to thank you for the info. Maybe you can point out some stuff on the car on the test drive. I will PM you my cell.

Thanks,
Mark

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
I’m going by the shop on Sat after getting lunch at Hooters a block away. Maybe see you then. Hope the car works out for you. Tom

Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Haha, nvm..I guess I don't have enough post yet to PM. If you can PM me your mobile.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
pm'd ya.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Tom, you heading to lunch @ hooters on your own?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Before you changed locations, Hooters was one of the highlights of the Sat. meets. If you have time come on down to J&W on Sat. Beer is on me.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM
lidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to all
Sorry for hi-jacking this old post. I'm looking at buying an Range Rover Sport in Miami. Would either shop above be good with a PPI for a RRS, or is there a better place to take it?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lidojuagon
Sorry for hi-jacking this old post. I'm looking at buying an Range Rover Sport in Miami. Would either shop above be good with a PPI for a RRS, or is there a better place to take it?
Maybe try one of the RR or english car forums.. the service industry in S.FL can be horrible... if you're not buying from a dealer... I suggest you contact a authorized dealer or what other RR owners recommend. G luck!

Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM
koolkat1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 911TTurbo
Thanks. Called Will, they're going to do the PPI for me.

So I am going to test drive it either Friday night or Saturday late morning...any local 911 turbo owner want to swing by and join me for a test drive, give pointers on to what to look for, etc? I will buy lunch/beer.

Thank you!
Hi -

I was wondering how the PPI went for you when you used them last year. I am thinking about buying a 2001 911 Turbo from a seller in Miami and would like to get PPI done by reputable shop. I want to check for frame damage, paint meter, compression, etc. Thank you in advance.

Kiet