Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

new toy for the garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cherzra
Yeah, I considered getting one. The prices are pretty low. If you buy a good floor jack, a roller, a crossbar holder thingy, you'll be out of 3-400 dollars already. May as well pay a little more and get a really useful lift

The only problem is that you need to be pretty sure you'll be staying there. Or can a lift be moved easily if you ever move to another house?
The lift is designed to be moveable. Regular lifts use anchor bolts that have the threads sticking out of the ground(male). The MaxJax uses internally threaded anchors(female) this makes moving the lift very easy and allows the use of additional anchors to accomodate a wide varity of vehicles.

I can even put the lift into another location. I installed anchors into the floor of my buddies garage so he can use the lift when he needs it.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
See-Fu is infamous around these parts
Does this need to be professionally installed or is it a fairly easy DIY project?

Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
I installed it myself. It's pretty easy. All you really need is a SDS masonary drill(rented it from Home Depot).
I had to do more work because my concrete was not thick enough.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Krazee is on a distinguished road
Can you disconnect the airlines once the lift is up and set?
For example...if you know your car is going to be on the lift for a couple days and you do not want the lines in the way?

Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by Krazee
Can you disconnect the airlines once the lift is up and set?
For example...if you know your car is going to be on the lift for a couple days and you do not want the lines in the way?
Once the lift is up and set on the locks you can disconnect the lines. I haven't tried it but some people have. The lines are hydraulic. It uses ATF.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
gandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura about
Nice lift! I ordered a 4-post lift but have not received as of yet. Looking forward to it though.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by gandalfthegray
Nice lift! I ordered a 4-post lift but have not received as of yet. Looking forward to it though.
Good luck with the lift!
You can't go wrong with having any kind of lift at home.

I plan on doing a suspension on the P-car,and a big brake kit on the M3. Both of which have been sitting around the house for a couple of years, waiting to be installed.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:26 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Just my two cents, but I would only use concrete that I knew the mix. Like 6 sack mix. The homedepot bag stuff is fine for posts, but not stuff I will be under! Also, concrete takes 30 days to cure. You should not mount expanding anchors, etc into concreet until fully cured.

Nice mid-solution though-

A

Old 10-28-2009, 12:07 AM
MCK
MCK is on a distinguished road
Very nice, I wish I had the height in my garage.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by MCK
Very nice, I wish I had the height in my garage.
That is the beauty of this lift it is designed for a low ceiling typical garage.
Mine is barely 8 feet high.