GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

KW Hydraulic Lift System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:43 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
OK I'm back in my house 11:30 pm,today we align the car with strings,corner balance very nice etc.
The KW HLS goes up and down very nice,quiet and with good speed.I used the super low setting and in the front I have a 0 fender tire gap maybe a little bit less the rear 1 finger (I wanted the rear to be lower bit it is not possible,it will come down when the springs brake in and I will have 0 gap )
The ride quality is good,I have to learn to use and set the shock adjustment clicks.

My geometry is like this:
FRONT
2.3 camber (I think I will go with 2° to help tire wear)
0° toe
GMG bar middle

REAR
1.9 camber
2mm diff ea/side TOE
GMG bar stiff

Something that I need to know if it is normal,if I raise the suspension it goes up and then after aprox 8-10 sec the susp comes down automatically you can hear a little click and then it lowers.I thought you can keep the hight susp setting any time and when you reach certain speed the car will auto lower..No idea we connected the KW electronic module to the CAM BUS etc.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I don't think it should do that. Definitely something's up with the control module if it wants to lower the car after a few seconds.

It'll settle in a few days and be even lower. Did you get the HLS for front and back or just the front?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:35 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Front and rear,the system is really cool I just have to be able to keep the hi possition untill I reach 50mph.
Maybe this is adjustable in the electronic module,I hope KW tell me to look in that are and use a little screw to adj this jijiji

I am happy and will finr a solution for sure,maybe I connected something wrong.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
OK I'm back in my house 11:30 pm,today we align the car with strings,corner balance very nice etc.
The KW HLS goes up and down very nice,quiet and with good speed.I used the super low setting and in the front I have a 0 fender tire gap maybe a little bit less the rear 1 finger (I wanted the rear to be lower bit it is not possible,it will come down when the springs brake in and I will have 0 gap )
The ride quality is good,I have to learn to use and set the shock adjustment clicks.

My geometry is like this:
FRONT
2.3 camber (I think I will go with 2° to help tire wear)
0° toe
GMG bar middle

REAR
1.9 camber
2mm diff ea/side TOE
GMG bar stiff

Something that I need to know if it is normal,if I raise the suspension it goes up and then after aprox 8-10 sec the susp comes down automatically you can hear a little click and then it lowers.I thought you can keep the hight susp setting any time and when you reach certain speed the car will auto lower..No idea we connected the KW electronic module to the CAM BUS etc.
What was the part number on your kit? The car is to remain up till either 50mph/80kmh is reached or the button is pushed again to bring it back down. The system reads off the "CAN" system (not sure if I spelled it correctly). 911 design has installed the kit & they might be able to offer more technical assistance. www.nine11design.com , I think his name is Mike - he is working on 1badgt2's car.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info,we will check the CAN BUS connections tomorrow I think we don't have a good contact in some wire.

I will go to the track soon and will compare Bilstein/TA coil overs with KW HLS.